Paul Newman dies

Tick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waking up to this news.....what a tremendous loss sad.gif

I have been expecting this to happen for the last few months and it still brings tears to my eyes. Definitely one of the true legends of Hollywood.

Will definitely be watching Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Slap Shot and Color of Money this weekend.

R.I.P. Paul. The ladies in my family (and around the world) will miss your blue eyes.... rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2008, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 27 2008, 11:00 AM)
Here are my top five Paul Newman films:

Cool Hand Luke
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Nobody's Fool
Slap Stick
The Sting

Here's a classic scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTNBRs7Ccs

Don't forget 'The Hustler', 'The Hudsucker Proxy', and 'Road To Perdition'. Oh, and I think you mean 'Slap Shot'.

I'd add Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2008, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 27 2008, 11:00 AM)
Here are my top five Paul Newman films:

Cool Hand Luke
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Nobody's Fool
Slap Stick
The Sting

Here's a classic scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTNBRs7Ccs

Don't forget 'The Hustler', 'The Hudsucker Proxy', and 'Road To Perdition'. Oh, and I think you mean 'Slap Shot'.

doh.gif Obviously, it's Slap Shot.

Terrible news. I would've thought Joanne Woodward would've gone first; she seemed much "older" to me than Paul, who had a youthful attitude. (Actually, Paul was older than Joanne... although she seems old enough to be his mother!)

The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, The Color of Money... great career, and an icon.

Farewell, Paul.

damn.

Rest in peace, sir. You were truly a class act.

rose.gif sad.gif rose.gif

Edited by Garden Dancer

So sad ....not just a great actor but and amazing human being. RIP Paul

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/2402543_7708581_mywrite/paul_newman.jpg

http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/anonymous-robert-redford-and-paul-newman-8401039.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45057000/jpg/_45057444_woodward466getty.jpg

Very sad sad.gif

My mother loved/loves Paul Newman. Since her teen years she's loved him. That's how I began my adoration for him. I remember the first movie I watched was The Hustler and the list goes on from there. A few years ago, my mom was telling me about a movie she had seen long ago where he plays the saxophone. Well, I had little to go on, but I did a search and found the movie....Paris Blues. I ordered it for a surprise Christmas gift. Wonderful movie. Joanne Woodward, Diane Carole, Sydney Poitier and Louis Armstrong were all in this film, along with him.

He did touch many lives. What a giving and caring heart heart.gif

May he rest in peace rose.gif

QUOTE (skyswing @ Sep 27 2008, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2008, 09:56 AM)
Aw, man.

Very sad news.

What an amazing actor, what a legacy.

Thanks for all the great movies, sir. Rest in peace.

"Goin' to Heaven here, boss."

"Awright, Luke, go on. We'll miss ya."

goodpost.gif

Very nice, Jack. Thanks.

Yeah, this is the first time I've shed tears at the loss of a celebrity in some time.

P.S.: There is no failure to communicate here.

Very nice indeed, Jack.

And thank you, Mr. Newman, for working so hard to induce so much emotion and feeling in the human soul as you did.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 27 2008, 10:27 AM)
One of my alltime favorites. I loved him in "The Sting", "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", and "Fort Apache the Bronx".
Many others as well. He also sold great food products for his charity. R.I.P. Paul. rose.gif

One of the greatest American actors of all time. I'll miss him.

Happy Trails Paul!

the towering inferno and the verdict were 2 of my fav p.n. movies

rose.gif

I watched 'Cool Hand Luke' yesterday and I'm watching 'Road To Perdition' tonight.

For the first time, I teared up at the end of 'Luke'.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 29 2008, 07:40 AM)
I watched 'Cool Hand Luke' yesterday and I'm watching 'Road To Perdition' tonight.

For the first time, I teared up at the end of 'Luke'.

I watched The Verdict Saturday late afternoon, then Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Saturday night, I watched the Sting last night.

Edited by pinkfloyd1973

Wish I owned a copy of The Sting; that's the one I'd most want to watch. But I own Butch & Sundance, and that'll do...

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 29 2008, 10:26 AM)
Wish I owned a copy of The Sting; that's the one I'd most want to watch. But I own Butch & Sundance, and that'll do...

The Sting. I just love the scene when he enters the poker game "Sorry I'm late boys...I was taking a CRAP" - then he proceeds to drink (watered down gin) and bet on seemingly losing hands to his mark, only to win and laugh while continuing disrespect to mis-pronounce Lonnegan's name (Lonneman, Lonnehan, Lemongan) pissing off Lonnegan with, "that's what you get for playing with your head up your ass", and all the other players with comments like "Don't worry about it, pal. Lemongan here wouldn'ta let you in the game if you weren't a chump". icon_really_happy_guy.gif