NEWS, WEATHER, and SPORTS

The Owl

thank's trink39.gif that was very cool

Man, he was some kinda pissed about Atlantic City.

Thanks.

That pic of NEP in the diner is now my backgound.

A nice, long, update! Hey...I went to college with the reporter Neil quotes in his motorcycle piece...LOL!

Many, many years ago.....

That was probably my favorite News, Weather & Sports yet. Seriously.

Its terrific news to read that they felt so good (as good or better than they themselves would anticipate feeling) at the end of this tour.

The Atlantic City bit is great to read because it is exactly what people here who went to AC were saying. And come on, he's being truthful about the crowd.

Loved the bit about mortgaging the Hemispheres disc or an organ to get up closer to the stage. Its just refreshing to read in his reflections that he knows the crowd (the real fans) are so into this and that its amazing to him that we want to take the time, spend the $ and come out and see them play.

Damn he looks like Kevin Spacey.

Enjoy the break Neil, write a little about your travels and buy a nice farm somewhere, but dont put yourse;lf out to pasture yet, your playing better than ever.

Thanks for posting.

Ugh. Once again I'm reminded of how terrible Neil's site is. I love the updates, but I hate the long loading screen, pages loading in other windows AND tabs, the background music loops, and the fact that, if Flash stops working (a fairly common occurrence) the WHOLE SITE doesn't work for me.

ATTENTION WEB DESIGNERS: Flash is NOT a complete replacement for HTML/CSS! If you can't make a good-looking site without resorting to massive-Flash-object monstrosities, you should not be designing web pages.

rantoff.gif

*ahem*

Site issues aside, this is probably my favourite News, Weather, and Sports too. Love the rant about Atlantic City...maybe this will shut up some of the "Neil hates the fans!" complainers.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 1 2008, 02:10 AM)
Love the rant about Atlantic City...maybe this will shut up some of the "Neil hates the fans!" complainers.

goodpost.gif

One can only dream... b_sigh.gif

But yes, this was a kick-a** read, as is everything from the Professor! 1022.gif

Once again, the man just leaves me in awe. His wit, his writing skills, his unbelievable, unquenchable thirst for knowledge and experience (a weather trivia book?) I bet he's one of those people who goes to look up a word in the dictionary and ends up reading the thing for the next two hours (spoken as one who is guilty of same).

It leaves me with a reassurance that, once Rush retire from the music scene, we'll not have heard the last from Neil.

And this article gave me quite a few laughs at a time when I need them. Thank you, Neil. And thanks to The Owl for the link.

Two lines in particular caught my eye immediately in this latest Neil virtual missive

the very last line where he says "For now" , implying to us, that he will be taking a long break but not a permanent vacation.

and the line in the middle about "it being harmless to dream about one day not having a place to go, a job to do" also seemingly implying to us - hey fans, dont worry, we aint going out of the picture just yet.

theres no question, "the boys" are cathartically appreciative of us fans.

they have predictable complaints about the rigors of the body of a tour in their mid 50's. and other rants about the piracy of music today affecting record sales. completely foreseeable and reasonable complaints.

I will always be pleasantly surprised and amazed they did a second leg of S&A in 2008. (isnt the summer of 2009 going to suck with no rush tour most likely?)

It's a shame about the front rows of that Atlantic City show, because it was an absolutely storming gig. The acoustics in that room were great and the performance was stellar. My husband and I were just discussing this morning how powerful that big show sounded in a half-size arena. Sorry that the people up front and consequently the band didn't enjoy it as much as those of us in the further back rows did! 2.gif

QUOTE (ShaniaFanAlso @ Aug 2 2008, 02:38 PM)
Two lines in particular caught my eye immediately in this latest Neil virtual missive

the very last line where he says "For now" , implying to us, that he will be taking a long break but not a permanent vacation.

and the line in the middle about "it being harmless to dream about one day not having a place to go, a job to do" also seemingly implying to us - hey fans, dont worry, we aint going out of the picture just yet.

theres no question, "the boys" are cathartically appreciative of us fans.

they have predictable complaints about the rigors of the body of a tour in their mid 50's. and other rants about the piracy of music today affecting record sales. completely foreseeable and reasonable complaints.

I will always be pleasantly surprised and amazed they did a second leg of S&A in 2008. (isnt the summer of 2009 going to suck with no rush tour most likely?)

Yes, no Rush in '09 will suck big heavy rocks. sad.gif

Archived