Pink Floyd - Animals

Gompers

Which is your favorite from this under-rated classic?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite from this under-rated classic?

• Dogs
    • Pigs
    • Sheep

1. Dogs

2. Sheep

3. Pigs

Easily my favorite Pink Floyd album, love every second of it.

No offense but I don't see how anyone can like this album better than Wish you were Here. WYWH has a much better keyboard presence because on Animals Roger Waters was trying to diminish Rick WRight's role in the band. That's why the keyboards aren't as prominent as they were on WYWH(with the exception being the middle part of Dogs of course).

1. Dogs

2. Sheep

3. Pigs

No offense but I don't see how anyone can like this album better than Wish you were Here. WYWH has a much better keyboard presence because on Animals Roger Waters was trying to diminish Rick WRight's role in the band. That's why the keyboards aren't as prominent as they were on WYWH(with the exception being the middle part of Dogs of course).

Personally, I think Wish You Were Here is totally overrated. The title track is blah. "Have a Cigar" is mediocre and overplayed. And "Welcome to the Machine" simply grates. But "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is sublime.

• Like 2

1. Dogs

2. Sheep

3. Pigs

Personally, I think Wish You Were Here is totally overrated. The title track is blah. "Have a Cigar" is mediocre and overplayed. And "Welcome to the Machine" simply grates. But "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is sublime.

WYWH is half great. Animals is great from start to finish, including the keys.
  • Like 2

I voted sheep.

However , this album is def one that must be listened to all the way through. The tracks flow , so in a sense they are all my favorites

• Like 4

1. Dogs

2. Sheep

3. Pigs

Couldn't agree with this more, Shine of you Crazy Diamond is the only great song on that album tbh, that song is one of their best. But all of Animals is amazing, even Pigs on the Wing

• Like 1

I'll have to give it another spin (still have only listened to it 3 or 4 times) before I decide. Whichever one showcases the most of Wright is what will most likely be my answer.

IMO, you'll likely vote Sheep then.

Went with Pigs

Every song on that album is beyond awesome though

This. The solo at the end of Pigs is why I voted for it, but the whole album is utter and complete brilliance.

Edited by driventotheedge

Two points if you can name the book(and author)that this album is supposedly based on. ;)

Animal Farm by George Orwell, which I'm currently reading actually.

Sounds like most of us that love the album are in agreement that a huge reason why is that Gilmour really got to rock out more than the typical Floyd record.

Absolutely. Gilmore is totally at the top of his game here.

I read that Gilmour wasn't in favor of the material and concept for Wish You Were Here and wanted the album to contain "Raving and Drooling", "You Gotta Be Crazy" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". He was out voted! I read it in the book Saucerful of Secrets: The Pink Floyd Odyssey and wikipedia.
  • Like 1