Favorite vacation spot in the US

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 20 2008, 02:56 PM)
of all the places that I have traveled, Maui definitely tops the charts. yes.gif

There was a place near Atascadero, CA that i visited once.  the view was break taking.  awesome paper thoughts place.  I'd have to get into some old paper thoughts books to find the name of the place...

I thought Rockaway Queens was the the spot you likes best? wink.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoyed Monterey, CA but I have a soft spot for Lake Tahoe. wub.gifwub.gif

And of course, who could ever complain about Vegas, Baby?

Especially when you're there with a fantastic group of friends. heart.gif

QUOTE (Slacker @ May 20 2008, 05:47 PM)
of all the places that I have traveled, Maui definitely tops the charts. yes.gif

There was a place near Atascadero, CA that i visited once.  the view was break taking.  awesome paper thoughts place.  I'd have to get into some old paper thoughts books to find the name of the place...

O that sounds inviting. A week near beautiful Jamaica Bay.

I think they fished out a body there the other day. unsure.gif

We go to Disney area a lot and it's fun but I really enjoy the mountains of western North Carolina. I almost never go horseback riding in FL because of the flat terrain but riding horses up those mountains is great fun.

Two places that are very different:

Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains: U.P. of Michigan

Key West, Florida

The first is a fabulous view of an inactive volcano that has filled in with water.

Key West is WARM! and I live in Wisconsin.

Kalispell Montana trink39.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 20 2008, 09:06 PM)
Two places that are very different:
Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains: U.P. of Michigan

Key West, Florida

The first is a fabulous view of an inactive volcano that has filled in with water.
Key West is WARM! and I live in Wisconsin.

my sister lives about 3/4 of the way up the LP in Harrison, MI and she loves to go to the Porcupine Mtns. She always mentions very large biting flies and bears.

QUOTE (sundog @ May 20 2008, 08:15 PM)
I thoroughly enjoyed Monterey, CA but I have a soft spot for Lake Tahoe. wub.gifwub.gif

And of course, who could ever complain about Vegas, Baby?
Especially when you're there with a fantastic group of friends. heart.gif

All those are fun and spectacular.

Lake Tahoe is far and away the winner in my book. Best time of my life there.

wub.gif

Hawaii! I want to go back SO BAD! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 20 2008, 10:40 PM)
Hawaii! I want to go back SO BAD! laugh.gif

I was always enamored with the idea of Hawaii until I started watching Dog the Bounty Hunter. That show made Hawaii seem full of a-hole tourists and drug-addicted locals that hated anyone not Polynesian. Sounds like the show might be a bit misleading?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 20 2008, 09:47 PM)
Hawaii! I want to go back SO BAD!  laugh.gif

I was always enamored with the idea of Hawaii until I started watching Dog the Bounty Hunter. That show made Hawaii seem full of a-hole tourists and drug-addicted locals that hated anyone not Polynesian. Sounds like the show might be a bit misleading?

I think you have to know what island to go to. The main island and Maui are infested with tourists, so I heard.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 20 2008, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 20 2008, 09:47 PM)
Hawaii! I want to go back SO BAD!  laugh.gif

I think you have to know what island to go to. The main island and Maui are infested with tourists, so I heard.

no.gif not true..I've been to Hawaii twice. Both to Maui and the island of Hawaii. Hawaii being the biggest of all the islands is not covered with tourists. There are green and black sand beaches...incredible. It is desolate. Plus you can see an active volcano of which I heard is currently erupting at the Volcanos National Park

Maui is beautiful as well...more romantic. Lots of "off the beaten path" places to go...with many waterfalls and such. Go to the city of Hilo...very cool and good places to eat.

Hawaii in general is not a place to party though unless you are in Waikiki. It's definitely a place of relaxation and ultimate escape.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 20 2008, 08:26 PM)

Jamaica Bay is beautiful. I've pulled some big Stripped Bass out of that water.

O and you can't beat the veiw of the Mahattan sky line from the bay. smile.gif

QUOTE (Slacker @ May 21 2008, 06:50 AM)

If you want great striped bass, try Long beach, Long Island, and it smells 100% better. wink.gif

QUOTE (Slacker @ May 20 2008, 06:47 PM)

well YEAH!

coy.gif

I stand corrected on that place I spoke of earlier in California.

It's Montana De Oro in San Luis Obispo/Los Osos area. I knew it'd come to mind sooner or later.

Vegas is a great place to visit, but it's quality is different, and brings up a whole 'nother kind of feeling within. Not breaktaking scenery & peace & tranquility within. Vegas makes me want to PARTY! laugh.gif

One of my favorite spots in Michigan to visit is Taquanamon Falls in Michigan's U.P.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/DSC00037.jpg

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 21 2008, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Slacker @ May 20 2008, 06:47 PM)

well YEAH!

coy.gif

I stand corrected on that place I spoke of earlier in California.

It's Montana De Oro in San Luis Obispo/Los Osos area. I knew it'd come to mind sooner or later.

Vegas is a great place to visit, but it's quality is different, and brings up a whole 'nother kind of feeling within. Not breaktaking scenery & peace & tranquility within. Vegas makes me want to PARTY! laugh.gif

One of my favorite spots in Michigan to visit is Taquanamon Falls in Michigan's U.P.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/family%20and%20personal%20photos/DSC00037.jpg

That's what I'm talking about. Give me waterfalls, lakes, mountains etc..

I'll pass on Vegas.

I had a lot of fun in Bermuda. It's often overlooked because it's not tropical per se, but it's awesome nevertheless and it's not terribly crowded. The pink sand beaches are spectacular. If you go, make your way to the Cock and Feather pub in Hamilton and try the conch chowder. Make sure you ask them to pour a shot of Bermuda black rum into it. drool1.gif (Damn! Now I'll be craving it all day! laugh.gif )

It's hard to say. Sometimes I want the big city & tons of museums so NYC would be the way to go. Otherwise, head to Moab, Utah. cool.gif

Hawaii's great too but where I went was Waikiki/Honolulu which some would say is too touristy. Anyways, the choices are limitless depending on what you want.

In 3 months this will be my favorite vacation spot...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/hotel.jpg

...because we'll be there bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 21 2008, 10:04 AM)
I had a lot of fun in Bermuda. It's often overlooked because it's not tropical per se, but it's awesome nevertheless and it's not terribly crowded. The pink sand beaches are spectacular. If you go, make your way to the Cock and Feather pub in Hamilton and try the conch chowder. Make sure you ask them to pour a shot of Bermuda black rum into it. drool1.gif (Damn! Now I'll be craving it all day! laugh.gif )

Oh, crap! Bermuda's not in the US, is it? doh.gif oops.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ May 21 2008, 10:16 AM)
Really enjoyed San Antonio, TX when we visited.

I was just saying I want to go there next year. Friends of our moved close by and my Aunt & Uncle are now moving there.

It was nice? What type of things are there to do?

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 21 2008, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Slacker @ May 21 2008, 06:50 AM)

If you want great striped bass, try Long beach, Long Island, and it smells 100% better. wink.gif

That's funny you should say that because, I'll be in Atlantic Beach, LI all next week, but i'll only be partying in Long Beach cool.gif

Archived