Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 30 2010, 10:56 AM)
Wilson:

"... I'll be returning to the studio to continue working on 3 new studio records already in progress (SW solo album 2, Blackfield III, Akerfeldt/Wilson "Storm Corrosion"), all to be released throughout 2011."

Nice. Looking forward to all three. I love Blackfield.

f*ckin A!

2011 is gonna be a killer year for music!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 30 2010, 10:58 AM)
Wilson:

"... I'll be returning to the studio to continue working on 3 new studio records already in progress (SW solo album 2, Blackfield III, Akerfeldt/Wilson "Storm Corrosion"), all to be released throughout 2011."

Nice.  Looking forward to all three.  I love Blackfield.

f*ckin A!

No doubt. I'm especially excited to hear that he and Akerfeldt are finally a go. And, another solo album? Man.... I'll be so sick of hearing SW's voice by this time next year. laugh.gif

I'm actually trying to get through today without listening to anything involving the man. This is gonna be tough.

Anyway, that's all GREAT news. smile.gif

PTOfficial's latest tweet includes this statement:

"Remember when bands only made one live release every 4-5 records? Was good!"

Uh... yeah. But, most of those bands sounded better in the studio. That's not the case here. What is really, really good on a studio release, PT often times makes sound a thousand times better in a live setting. Of course the fans are clamoring for the live stuff. Besides, what a pain in the ass it must have been to do what needed to be done for a live album way back when. With today's tech, it's so much easier to produce high-quality live recordings with little effort.

We just like you guys a lot, that's all.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 29 2010, 09:42 AM)
Steven Wilson's Playlist
August 29, 2010

Luciano Cilio - Dell' Universo Assente
Cardiacs - Sing to God
Soft Machine - Softs
Eela Craig - One Niter
Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage (DVD)
Toshi Ichiyanagi - Opera from the Works of Tadanori Yokoo
The Dear Hunter - Act III : Life and Death
Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises
Aphex Twin - Drukqs
Surgeon - Compliance Momentum

http://www.swhq.co.uk/index.cfm

Would have been cool to see Steven IN the documentary. He was as much a Rush fan growing up as anyone who was in the film, and he's always interesting to listen to in interviews.

A few months back he was featured in Sound & Vision, a home theater enthusiast magazine, and the subject was remixing classic albums for multi-channel surround. On his remixing wishlist is Moving Pictures.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 30 2010, 11:58 AM)
Wilson:

Nice.  Looking forward to all three.  I love Blackfield.

f*ckin A!

You ain't just whistling Dixie.

Actually. I want SW to take a year break before creating new PT. The Incident lacked due to him being spread thin, IMO anyways.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 27 2010, 07:04 AM)
Radio City Music Hall show in September is going to be the last performance of The Incident in full and then the remaining two hours (yes, a 3 hour set!) will be material only up to (and including) Stupid Dream.

So nothing from FOABP and Deadwing ? Super confused13.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 1 2010, 08:09 AM)
Radio City Music Hall show in September is going to be the last performance of The Incident in full and then the remaining two hours (yes, a 3 hour set!) will be material only up to (and including) Stupid Dream.

Well so what? There's been no shortage of that material played over the past few years.

Plus Steven has openly said he's sick harder material in general, so I'm not surprised. Don't expect hard rock/metal any time soon again on a PT release. I think The Incident is just the start of that type of thing for PT. Even the Ackerfeldt (sp) project will be something other than metal.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 1 2010, 10:04 AM)

Well so what? There's been no shortage of that material played over the past few years.

Plus Steven has openly said he's sick harder material in general, so I'm not surprised. Don't expect hard rock/metal any time soon again on a PT release. I think The Incident is just the start of that type of thing for PT. Even the Ackerfeldt (sp) project will be something other than metal.

Well since i Never saw them before and they are my fav albums from them , that's the "So What" . The Incident ? Not so much

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 2 2010, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 1 2010, 10:04 AM)

Well since i Never saw them before and they are my fav albums from them , that's the "So What" . The Incident ? Not so much

Well more fool you. What took you so long?? Sorry, the hits tour has just been cancelled tongue.gif Seriously though, I'd be pissed as well with that show, but of course The Incident would still be awesome in full.

QUOTE (Maples Oaks and Porcupine Trees @ Sep 1 2010, 02:48 PM)
I would enjoy more "space rock" from either PT or SW. But from SW expect more of an eclectic creation.

I feel so much like you're a dude who's desperately in need of a glass of water...And, there's a cup of crisp, fresh H20, just sitting there on a stool in the middle of the room...

But, there a black handkerchief placed over that glass of water...You keep on talking about how thirsty you are and how much you love the taste of water, can't live without the stuff, but you care not to knock that black handkerchief away and see if that's really a glass of water sitting underneath the square piece of cloth.

It's actually quite frustrating to watch...And, you really do have NO idea how much you would really love Opeth's Damnation recording...Steve Wilson produced three recordings for this band, but this is the ONLY ONE that features 100% 'clean' vocals and NO 'Heavy Metal' music to be found anywhere. None. If that happen to be a major no-no for you.

Wilson was quoted as stating that Mike Akerfeldt had one of the greatest set of vocals working in the music industry today...He obviously cares so deeply for Mike's voice and songwriting talent that he's already committed to a full songwriting and singing partnership with Akerfeldt that hopefully will all be finished and ready for consumption by the start of 2011...

But, lucky fan that you happen to be, you don't have to wait at all to get a fair indication of what a future collaboration between two such mega-talents would sound like...Steve Wilson produced both Damnation and Deliverance in 2002/2003, helping to guide and shape the music itself, as well as lending his unique lyrics, keyboard playing and backing vocals to a couple of the tracks as well...I can only imagine what a full-on collaboration would sound like.

I only have one question for you, specifically...DID YOU or did you not like the two collaborations with Aviv Geffen? Ya know, the ones that were dubbed as 'Blackfield I & II' Did you care for what was accomplished there? If the answer from you was a quick - 'yes', then what could possibly be stopping you from experiencing yet another monster delivery bearing the Steve Wilson stamp of approval? I just don't get it...You're thirsty...Drink the damn water!

If some type of vague superstition is scaring you away from experiencing a thing that you would and should be embracing, and pro'lly otherwise would, then how about, maybe downloading a track or two to make super-sure that this type of collaboration is definitely for a guy like yourself...

Definitely take a very nominal risk and download "Death Whispered a Lullaby". "Windowpane", "In My Time of Need", or "To Rid the Disease" from 2003's Damnation, and "A Fair Judgement" from 2002's Deliverance...or maybe even "Harvest" and "The Drapery Falls" from the first Wilson-produced venture, "Blackwater Park". That 'Drapery Falls' is certain to make a grown man cry, it's so darn beautifully contsructed...Check it and love it...Don't let a good glass of water go completely unnoticed by the thirstiest guy in the room.

From PTOfficial on twitter:

"Yes, probably going to do some kind of live audio album from Radio City/RAH - if we can play all of the old songs well enough!"

I would sell my mom on Ebay to be able to go to that RCMH show. sad.gif

(Not really.... Ebay won't participate in human trafficking. I've checked. They're no fun anymore.)

But, I'd sure like to see that one. Nice to hear that they're definitely putting out the audio.

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 3 2010, 11:20 AM)

"Yes, probably going to do some kind of live audio album from Radio City/RAH - if we can play all of the old songs well enough!"

(Not really.... Ebay won't participate in human trafficking. I've checked. They're no fun anymore.)

But, I'd sure like to see that one. Nice to hear that they're definitely putting out the audio.

I was hoping that the cameras were going to be out in force that night, but it's already been determined to be a big 'no' on that front...right?

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 3 2010, 03:18 PM)

I would sell my mom on Ebay to be able to go to that RCMH show.  sad.gif

I was hoping that the cameras were going to be out in force that night, but it's already been determined to be a big 'no' on that front...right?

Yeah, it's a big no-no. I just "happened" to have a camera and snuck in a couple of (really bad) shots at the very end. But, I wouldn't have whipped it out until then.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 3 2010, 12:20 PM)

More great news!

It must be really cool to know that you were in the audience for a show that was recorded for an official album release.

Ought to be a great live album.....

Which strikes me as odd..... There has not been an official CD only live release since "Warszawa"

"Rockpalast", and Atlanta were download only releases,

"Ilosaarirock" was a limited edition

and "Arriving Somewhere" as well as "Anesthetize" were DVDs....

So I like the idea of a CD only live release, seeing as we have not had one since the "Lightbulb Sun" tour.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 3 2010, 12:20 PM)

laugh.gif

I would sell my mom on Ebay to be able to go to that RCMH show.  sad.gif

IM GOING 1022.gif

Edited by Wilderness_of_Mirrors