Alex's gift

Lrigyttiw

Wow!! smile.gif That has got to be THE luckiest kid alive! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Alex is just WAAAY to awesome for words. Alex is living proof that there ARE still people in the world (esp. celebrities) who are willing to go out of their way to bring joy to others.

AlexFinal.gif FTW!!! 1022.gif

That was such a nice thing for Alex to do. That man deserves the respect of everyone on Earth. That kid must be ecstatic right now.

Now if only I could get Geddy Lee to give me one of his chicken cookers drool1.gif

Very, very cool!

This is a great example how musicians or anyone in the public eye can make someone so happy through a little effort and generosity.

This young lad will remember that for the rest of his life. Alex you are a top bloke!!

Props to Alex! Very nice of him to do that. However, the kid seems to already be pretty fortunate. How much cooler would it have been if they gave it to a struggling musician who couldn't afford a decent amp? Or someone to whom the amp would make a huge difference?

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 30 2008, 08:50 PM)
That was such a nice thing for Alex to do. That man deserves the respect of everyone on Earth. That kid must be ecstatic right now.

Now if only I could get Geddy Lee to give me one of his chicken cookers drool1.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Mar 31 2008, 05:14 AM)
Props to Alex! Very nice of him to do that. However, the kid seems to already be pretty fortunate. How much cooler would it have been if they gave it to a struggling musician who couldn't afford a decent amp? Or someone to whom the amp would make a huge difference?

yea i noticed that. I mean he looks like he's like 12 and he has a gibson les paul, and he lives in a nice house in Los Angeles.

But still very cool

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

from hearing the guy narrating the story, the kid was in the right place at the right time - testing the amp out at the NAMM show, and he started wailing on Rush tunes.

All I know is, from now on, if I'm ever at NAMM or any music store that sells H&K amps, I'm plugging in and playing some Rush tunes and hope the right person hears me! (...And hopefully they won't go, "Well he's not getting an amp...he sucks!" laugh.gif )

Archived