Rush vs. Metallica

Maestro

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gazing into my Crystal Ball...

Been watching this awhile...

(Kudos to LanceTheShred over at RIAB)

The Boyz have obliterated Terrible Ted and Metallica vs .38 Special is a No-Brainer.

Some people need a serious spanking for having allowed The Mighty Led Zeppelin to be eliminated in the first round.

It IS a good poll, but hardly representative.

It's all in good fun...

QUOTE (SteelersFreak1 @ Mar 29 2008, 09:49 PM)
How did Metallica even beat Led Zeppelin to get into that position? That's crazy!

That's Jacksonville for you. They'll have a hard time winning with Skynard in there schla03.gif I'm actually quite surprised they are doing as well as they are!

QUOTE (SteelersFreak1 @ Mar 30 2008, 03:49 AM)
How did Metallica even beat Led Zeppelin to get into that position? That's crazy!

Could not say it better. And what about Ted Nugent beating Floyd, .38 Special beating Aerosmith!

I know it is a harmless bit of fun, but you have to wonder about peoples music intelligence..

QUOTE (daneel2112 @ Mar 30 2008, 05:42 AM)
And what about .38 Special beating Aerosmith!

I know it is a harmless bit of fun, but you have to wonder about peoples music intelligence..

This is a Jacksonville radio station. .38 Special is from Jacksonville, as is Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. .38 Special's singer was the little brother of Skynyrd's .. and has since taken over the reformed Skynyrd.

In other words, .38 Special and Skynyrd have a bit of homecourt advantage... .38 Special isn't beating Metallica, but they are at 44%

Now I moved down here form Minnesota 7 years ago, so if you were inferring that the people of Jacksonville are idiots... I'm not arguing that either tongue.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Mar 29 2008, 08:31 PM)
Ted Nugent beat Pink Floyd!!!    confused13.gif    sarcasm.gif

yep, that's why deaf people should not be allowed to vote biggrin.gif

I hate these polls and refuse to vote on anything of the sort.

I like Rush and hate Metallica, there's people who's gonna be the complete opposite and people who are gonna be in between, no matter what the guy who started the poll thinks it won't prove anything when all's said and done.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 31 2008, 10:49 AM)

No kidding!

And while voting for Rush, vote for Metallica over .38 Special, too! 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 31 2008, 12:49 PM)

Well too bad I already voted sarcasm.gif

for the record I would've picked PF by a mile of course tongue.gif

It just goes to show that Albert Einstein was right about the only two things that are infinite being the universe and human stupidity. eyesre4.gif

(Yeah, I loathe Metallica. Can ya tell?)

Here in the NY/NJ area, there are two radio stations doing this "battle of the bands/March countdown/Rock Bracket Brawl" contest at the same time

This is such an old hack radio gimmick....The DJs here are so pumped to keep talking about "VAN HALEN IS NOW GOING HEAD TO HEAD WITH METALLICA, WHO WILL WIN..."

And I'm sarcastically saying to my car radio "Ummm, you know, these bands aren't REALLY fighting each other. It's just a stupid call in poll contest. Take it easy" eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (daneel2112 @ Mar 30 2008, 04:42 AM)
QUOTE (SteelersFreak1 @ Mar 30 2008, 03:49 AM)

Could not say it better. And what about Ted Nugent beating Floyd, .38 Special beating Aerosmith!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 31 2008, 12:04 PM)
This poll lost any and all credibility when I saw that Ted Nugent beat Pink Floyd...that demands a wtf.gif if there was ever one!

March Madness! Ted Nugent is this year's little Gonzaga that could.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 31 2008, 03:38 PM)
I hate these polls and refuse to vote on anything of the sort.

I like Rush and hate Metallica, there's people who's gonna be the complete opposite and people who are gonna be in between, no matter what the guy who started the poll thinks it won't prove anything when all's said and done.

I didn't Debbie Downer was a Rush fan. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Mar 29 2008, 09:32 PM)

That's Jacksonville for you. They'll have a hard time winning with Skynard in there schla03.gif I'm actually quite surprised they are doing as well as they are!

No wonder Nugent beat Floyd. eyesre4.gif

Is the poll closed? When I click "Vote!", a little window pops up with Rush and Metallica listed but no voting bubble or box to click on. And when I click "see results" it just says 0 to 0. I have a Mac, so it could just be my browsers being stupid. Or me. Or both.

Archived