poor ticket sales

pony2112

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not sure where you guys are getting the "poor sales" information.

Actually, it's funny someone started this thread now because yesterday out of boredon, I spent some time going through each of the U.S. Shows trying to order 2 tickets off ticketmaster, and just about all of them only had 2nd tier (Loge) seats near the back available, some of them only had Terrace (3rd tier), and the Red Rocks show is sold out. From what I recall from last years's tour, this is about right, considering we're still 3 months away and it's not the best time to buy tickets.

So where is the "poor sales" info coming from? As we get closer to show times for these dates, you'll find most of the shows with only lawn remaining, though I doubt too many will sell out

Hi guys

I am not sure what to say about the sales volumes.

But I think the prices and comments about economics are accurate.

Does anyone remember the old Algebra questions on how to maximize revenue from ticket sales given market info vs. hall capacity and price?

(Curves and lines...of grand designs?)

It's a pure shift within the parabolic equation.

The equation of where to set prices at to earn X dollars is coldly mathematical...but Ill always pay! =)

I got 11th row on the AMEX Van BC presale, not bad.

I read a fellow got 2nd row? WAY TO GO duder!!!!!!

I admit, I am so obsessed, I will be doing anything to trade up to front row.

Been 1st row five times and its so hard on me to not get it.....a spoiled 37 year old?

I look fwd to chattin more w-ya bro-skis-

boarder.gif

To get the best idea of what's left, search for 8 tix (or whatever the max # of tickets available is) - that will give you a good idea of where the first free row is. Do that for overall and for the upper sections separately.

Most of these shows are well behind where they were a year ago at this stage. Northeast venues like PNC were down to lawn almost immediately last year while there are still reserved seats available now - and Jones Beach still has almost the entire second section available. Meanwhile Atlantic City and Hershey appear to have sold no more than a couple thousand tix each at this point. AC still has main floor seats available and the venue only holds like 5,700. A show like that would have sold out in 30 seconds last year. Another measuring tool is ebay - there are plenty of good floor seats with "but it now" prices are barely over face value. Last tour these seats were selling for an arm and a leg. Even Florida, which is traditionally a strong market for them, has plenty of lower level seats still remaining.

Barring some major marketing push, most of these shows look like the back sections or upper levels of arenas will be empty and probably closed off - similar to the last handful of shows on the Vapor Trails tour. If they averaged 11,000 in 07 I think we're probably looking at something in the 7,000-8,000 range this time, with a handful of shows having only a few thousand people.

Not sure why people are worried about whether or not tickets are selling.

So alot of venues won't be sold out. They're playing the second leg and many of the casual fans that saw them on the first leg are passing on the second time around. I would be the same way if it was any other band but Rush.

I also think you might see a little bit of a surge depending on what they play this time around.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Feb 14 2008, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (pony2112 @ Feb 13 2008, 11:29 PM)
i have seen this talked about on other forums, but, has anyone checked  ticketmaster? mercy, most of these shows are selling at a very sad rate, compared to their other tours.

I got mine about 30 minutes after they went on sale, and a huge chunk of the closer seats were already taken. Don't worry, by show time they'll all be sold, at least for the New England shows (RUSH is big here).

Same in Dallas, lots of Rush fans here...

QUOTE (hope70 @ Feb 14 2008, 12:38 PM)
Maybe with the Bush rebate coming in May, some people who would like to go but can't afford it, will be enjoying the show during the summer.
Actually, I think the reason why he's giving the rebate is because he knows Rush is coming around for the second leg. 1022.gif

Buck Fush! Ole'

Rush crowds in the U.S. are warm, unlike the weather now. Ticket sales will improve (ditto on comments above about tight finances now but rebate checks are on the way). Can't agree with the finer culture thing in Europe nor the beer being any better, just different.

Milwaukee and Wisconsin in general has excellent beer taste as does the U.S. west coast. The IPA's in U.S. are way better than IPA's in Europe.

Football? Yeah, we may have made a mistake by adopting the name but it's a hell of a lot more exciting than Euro football (Final score: 1- nill).

Besides, when was the last time you heard of any fans dying at a American Football game. Wouldn't take my kid to Euro football. Too many thugs.

Anyway, at least we have Rush in common and I'll give you that.

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (here again @ Feb 14 2008, 12:35 AM)
I think it's a combination of price (My tix face value $154 each), economy (thanx in large part to our fearless leader), and timing.

The money didn't stop me, but some of my more casual friends who I went with on the last leg backed out this time around.

you said it trink39.gif

QUOTE (Doomah @ Feb 14 2008, 07:14 AM)
I want to go so badly but I can't really fit it into my budget right now. I am sure I could make some cuts elsewhere budget wise but I am not going to do that for a very similar set list, no matter how much I love a band... I am not going to pay MORE to see a similar set list again. We shall see after the list is released.

Don't feel bad I missed tours from Power Windows through Test for Echo because I just couldn't afford it. Nothing wrong with being responsible.

The floor seats here in Jacksonville sold out within a day or two. That seems pretty good to me. Hey, we have a nice sized city here with roughly a million folks or so, but we're by no means a bustling metropolis like New York or L.A. I think this speaks fairly well to the demand for this ticket.

Wish ticket sales were a problem for the LA shows. I cannot find anything closer than like 18 rows back in the lodge sections (Third section) and thats just for a single. I am not paying $95 to sit that far away. Guess Ebay is always an option.

Im sure the holidays have a little to do with the initial poor ticket sales but as everyones tax refunds roll in that may change a bit. I cant quite understand the complaining about the high ticket prices. I guess I am missing something here so let me recap on something. During the R30 music today presale most of the premium seats for a vast majority of the venues were between 78.50 to 85.50 depending on the venue. Thats before surcharges and shipping. If you pick ups next day go ahead and add another 27.50 to the grand total per ticket. Ok now I am going to the Jacksonville show and the Atlanta show. I got a pair of 9th row center seats for 72.00 a piece before taxes and shipping ( I pick us mail delivery) for a grand total of 180.00 for the pair. I got a pair of tickets to the Atlanta show 8th row for 89.00 a piece. 203.00 grand total after shipping and taxes. I seen someones post that they paid 150.00 face value for their ticket. Where in the hell is this? For the most part tickets are the same or in some cases 10 to 15 $ higher than last year. This has been the average increase per tour since R30. Ok now premium seating at the new venue in Atlanta for the eagles is 185.00 before taxes and shipping compared to 89.00 for the Rush show. confused13.gif wtf.gif

1022.gif There is really no excuse for a true Rush fan to miss this leg of the tour. Even if you saw the first leg, if you are a true fan, then you will find a way to get lawn seats if that's your only option. Once they stop touring we will all wish that we had more. True, seats are quite expensive but lawn seats should'nt be too bad. Get to the show and support our Boys!!!!!!!!!

I missed leg one, and I'll miss leg two, for the same reason: There's nothing closer than 4 hours from here and I can't miss work to go to a rock concert. My few vacation days are for my family to spend together, and I just won't lie and call in sick. I FEEL sick, though; first Rush tour I've missed in many , many years.

Maybe if Nashville ("Music City"...HAH!) gets a real venue again I'll be able to see the boys again one day.

QUOTE (wordsmith @ Feb 15 2008, 04:02 PM)
I missed leg one, and I'll miss leg two, for the same reason: There's nothing closer than 4 hours from here and I can't miss work to go to a rock concert. My few vacation days are for my family to spend together, and I just won't lie and call in sick. I FEEL sick, though; first Rush tour I've missed in many , many years.

Maybe if Nashville ("Music City"...HAH!) gets a real venue again I'll be able to see the boys again one day.

Everyone uses a sick day for a vacation day once in a while. Do yourself the favor and call in sick and enjoy the show.

QUOTE (wordsmith @ Feb 15 2008, 04:02 PM)

Dude, gimme a break....get off your pedestal and go buy a ticket! I'm sure you will ethically be able to live with yourself if you do it....support the band!

Archived