Who's the worst singer you've ever heard?

Del_Duio

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 9 2008, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 9 2008, 11:05 PM)
Yoko

+1(000)

tongue.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/ditto3vf.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:59 PM)
Yoko

+1(000)

tongue.gif

Ya, I forgot about her.

This proves that love is not only blind it is also deaf.

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jan 10 2008, 01:10 AM)
Okay, it was Devin Townsend, described on Amazon as an Industrial Metal singer and guitarist.

...with a penchant for senseless whispering!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 9 2008, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 9 2008, 02:30 PM)
This topic drives me nuts. So many great singers listed already!!
There were two singers for both The Clash & Blink 182, which ones caused aural offence, or was it all 4?????

I'm curious to see which choices have made your blood boil laugh.gif

I have no opinion to offer on Blink 182, bar I used to find their jocular inanities faintly amusing.

Mick Jones and Joe Strummer were very good singers, very distinctive. Listen to Strummer sing with Johnny Cash on Redemption Song or Jones on Train In Vain.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 9 2008, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:59 PM)
Yoko

+1(000)

tongue.gif

Ya, I forgot about her.

This proves that love is not only blind it is also deaf.

I have two versions of Double Fantasy:

The original

and

One with only John's songs.

You can see which one I like better...

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 9 2008, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 9 2008, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 9 2008, 09:07 PM)
Britney Spears?

Sorry, had to bring it up  laugh.gif

Technically, she's not actually a bad singer. Very good infact.

This is an awful thread, mainly for the title. Maybe it should have said 'Least Favourite' instead of 'Worst'

WTF? Britney Spears is even terrible on her studio shit, how is she a good singer?

Her songs are awful.

But as an actual vocalist, she has a good voice.

Put it this way, compared to the vocalists in some of your favourite bands, from your profile, vocally, they aren't fit to kiss the boots she wears. Because as a vocalist, regardless of the songs, the lyrics, she is good.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:51 AM)
I'm sorry, but I can't stand the Scorpions' Klaus Meine. Love the band's music, but can leave the singing.

awe c'mon. Klaus is alot better than many named in this thread.

Blackout! I really had a blackout!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 10 2008, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (fritz44 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:51 AM)
I'm sorry, but I can't stand the Scorpions' Klaus Meine. Love the band's music, but can leave the singing.

awe c'mon. Klaus is alot better than many named in this thread.

Blackout! I really had a blackout!

Are you kidding, Klaus was one of the best of that era ! 1022.gif His vocals on "Im still loving you" are awesome.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 10 2008, 01:34 PM)
Britney Spears?

This is an awful thread, mainly for the title. Maybe it should have said 'Least Favourite' instead of 'Worst'

WTF? Britney Spears is even terrible on her studio shit, how is she a good singer?

Her songs are awful.

Put it this way, compared to the vocalists in some of your favourite bands, from your profile, vocally, they aren't fit to kiss the boots she wears. Because as a vocalist, regardless of the songs, the lyrics, she is good.

What's the point of bringing up the bands in my profile? You think I don't know that most of them aren't technically good singers? Sorry, I forgot that most punk and thrash metal bands have outstanding singers. Did you get mad and look at my profile to see what shitty bands I like just to throw that little jab in there? Be easy, Chris Crocker.

I've heard enough pop music to know she's not a good singer, especially compared to almost every other pop singer out there.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 10 2008, 07:36 PM)
Britney Spears?

Her songs are awful.

What's the point of bringing up the bands in my profile? You think I don't know that most of them aren't technically good singers? Sorry, I forgot that most punk and thrash metal bands have outstanding singers. Did you get mad and look at my profile to see what shitty bands I like just to throw that little jab in there? Be easy, Chris Crocker.

I've heard enough pop music to know she's not a good singer, especially compared to almost every other pop singer out there.

That wasn't a jab, so sorry to offend you.

What i'm trying to say, is that Britney Spears IS a technically good singer. I bought up bands in your profile, because it sounds like she's one of your least favourite, which isn't really what the thread was asking.

Don't worry, I wasn't mad. I just use any means of disposal to try and get my point heard smile.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 10 2008, 03:38 PM)
Britney Spears?

Her songs are awful.

What i'm trying to say, is that Britney Spears IS a technically good singer. I bought up bands in your profile, because it sounds like she's one of your least favourite, which isn't really what the thread was asking.

Don't worry, I wasn't mad. I just use any means of disposal to try and get my point heard smile.gif

I don't think she can sing on key at all...and it's obvious the singing on her records/songs are computer-enhanced to sound better smilies-8579.png

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 10 2008, 03:38 PM)
Britney Spears?

Her songs are awful.

Sall good man, I wasn't really offended. I don't think she's anywhere near the worst singer either. I'm sticking with the guy from Grim Reaper as my choice. I guess he can sing, but the technique is so terrible I think it's hilarious. He's tries so hard to sound epic, singing the cheesiest lyrics ever. Let's enjoy the classic "Rock You to Hell" video:

Just look at him. He's the worst singer and he doesn't even have to sing.

"Brush your teeth and go to bed" laugh.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 10 2008, 08:51 PM)
I don't think she can sing on key at all

Really? I'm sure she can sing in the same key.

Oh, yeah, there's an element of computer enhancements there. But, on the other end of the scale, Cedric Bixler-Zavala used computer enhanced vocals on Amputechture. Heck, if Zeppelin had that kind of technology when recording later albums, they would have used it to enhance Roberts vocals, as they did with available technology in the 70's.

So I really can't see why enhancing vocals with other things is such a big deal to the Rock followers, when one of its leading lights did.

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jan 10 2008, 03:46 PM)
tick when he has a nasty hangover! laugh.gif

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

SlackABob, tick

moon.gif

laugh.gif