Do you think they will drop some S & A songs?

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 18 2007, 09:28 PM)
I was curious as to what everyone thought about whether or not they will keep the current setlist or drop some songs and add others.
Whatta ya think?

I like the new album but dropping 2-3 tunes from the new album and adding others from the past.

I personally dont expect the boys to change the setlist much, if at all. Its not something they have ever been known to do on any given tour.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 18 2007, 09:28 PM)
I was curious as to what everyone thought about whether or not they will keep the current setlist or drop some songs and add others.
Whatta ya think?

I like the new album but dropping 2-3 tunes from the new album and adding others from the past.

I doubt they will do this but if they do I will go this time.

Its not something they have ever been known to do on any given tour.

They don't ever change more than a few songs but this statement is just wrong. The R30 tour was the first since the Hold Your Fire tour that had no changes. Personally, if they record a dvd I hope it's with the current setlist and I certainly don't want them to drop any new songs.

I certainly hope not! I think the new songs are some of the best ones in the setlist! I love the vocal harmonies that Alex has added to some of the new songs, and I think they sound even better now than on the album.

If they want to add in more songs to the playlist, that's awesome. I say just make the show longer then. Personally, I love the S&A songs so much I'd love to see them add MORE. No way I'm hoping they drop some. While all you S&A haters are claiming the crowd goes to sleep, I'm jamming my ass off.

Sorry TSS. I guess I'm saving you some money this year. wink.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 18 2007, 11:03 PM)
If they want to add in more songs to the playlist, that's awesome. I say just make the show longer then. Personally, I love the S&A songs so much I'd love to see them add MORE. No way I'm hoping they drop some. While all you S&A haters are claiming the crowd goes to sleep, I'm jamming my ass off.

Sorry TSS. I guess I'm saving you some money this year. wink.gif

goodpost.gif I agree 100%

The new songs are the highlight of this tour IMO. They really do work well live and the guys enjoy playing the hell out of them.

No offence S&A haters but if you are skipping the tour because of S&A you are being ridiculous and missing out on an awesome tour. 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 18 2007, 10:15 PM)
The new songs are the highlight of this tour IMO. They really do work well live and the guys enjoy playing the hell out of them.

No offence S&A haters but if you are skipping the tour because of S&A you are being ridiculous and missing out on an awesome tour. 1022.gif 2.gif

I agree whole-heartedly! Well said!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 18 2007, 11:15 PM)

goodpost.gif  I agree 100%

No offence S&A haters but if you are skipping the tour because of S&A you are being ridiculous and missing out on an awesome tour.  1022.gif  2.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 18 2007, 11:03 PM)
If they want to add in more songs to the playlist, that's awesome.  I say just make the show longer then.  Personally, I love the S&A songs so much I'd love to see them add MORE.  No way I'm hoping they drop some.  While all you S&A haters are claiming the crowd goes to sleep, I'm jamming my ass off. 

Sorry TSS.  I guess I'm saving you some money this year. wink.gif

Wait a moment. Make the show longer? Give these guys a break! They ARE, as Geddy says, "like 100." laugh.gif

I'd like more S&A songs, too. They could play the whole album and I'd be very happy indeed.

I think the S&A songs are better live. "Armor and Sword" is a monster song in concert, as is "Spindrift", IMHO. I appreciate the album so much more now because I saw them perform the songs live.

Anyway, part of the reason this tour has been so good is because Rush is having fun. I think they are having fun because they are proud, rightfully so, of the S&A material.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 19 2007, 08:05 AM)

Anyway, part of the reason this tour has been so good is because Rush is having fun. I think they are having fun because they are proud, rightfully so, of the S&A material.

Yes, even Neil is really enjoying it, very much. I've never seen him react in such a positive way to touring. I don't even think he's refered to this tour as "Work" yet.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 19 2007, 09:05 AM)
I think the S&A songs are better live. "Armor and Sword" is a monster song in concert, as is "Spindrift", IMHO. I appreciate the album so much more now because I saw them perform the songs live.

Agreed agreed agreed! It's so obvious. They are fired-up.

I saw them in July, and then I saw them Monday night in New York City, and if anything they were even more energetic and enthusiastic three months into the tour. The vitality of these shows is immense. I don't know how they do it, but it's a beautiful thing.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 18 2007, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 18 2007, 10:15 PM)

No offence S&A haters but if you are skipping the tour because of S&A you are being ridiculous and missing out on an awesome tour.  1022.gif  2.gif

I agree whole-heartedly! Well said!

I agree, and I'm a Snakes hater. 1022.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 19 2007, 07:55 AM)
I see them swaping the S&A songs for the unplayed ones. I see Spindrift dropped at least and Faithless added, for example. I am not willing to lose "Wind Blows".

Spindrift rocks live. I wouldn't want to see that dropped. I wouldn't drop anything. Maybe I'd add about fifty songs or so but that's just me.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 19 2007, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 19 2007, 07:55 AM)
I see them swaping the S&A songs for the unplayed ones.  I see Spindrift dropped at least and Faithless added, for example.  I am not willing to lose "Wind Blows".

Spindrift rocks live. I wouldn't want to see that dropped. I wouldn't drop anything. Maybe I'd add about fifty songs or so but that's just me.

I like all the S&A songs, but I don't see all the songs that were all there in teh first leg remaining for the second leg.

-They won't dropped far cry, because it was the first single, and the "Hit" of S&A

-The Larger Bowl won't be dropped at it is the second single, and another one that has made it onto the charts

- The Main Monkey Business won't because it is one of their faviorate tracks, a good sized and new instrumental track wont be dropped

- MalNar, and Hope wont be dropped because they are short and sweet, you can't replace a 2 minute song for another, they will stay.

- Armor and Sword seems to be a fan faviorate, and it basically the Title track, it won't be dropped

That leaves "Workin' Them Angels", "Spindrift", and "The Way the Wind Blows" as possible canidates for drop or swaps.

Personally I don't want any of these songs dropped. Alex (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) has stated that WTA is his faviorate song, so That might stay.

I will not hear of "Wind Blows" being dropped, just because I say so. So Spindrift is the droppable/swapable song for me.

I'm not a S & A hater, in fact I think it's some of there best stuff since

power windows or even signals.

I do however think they should drop a song or two and play a few others from the past.

I think the way the wind blows is too long for a concert.

I'd cut two songs and add two from the past.

Jacobs Ladder and maybe Marathon.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 19 2007, 12:26 PM)
I do however think they should drop a song or two and play a few others from the past.

Adding Jacob's Ladder?.........So you want them to play all of Permentant Waves?

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 18 2007, 10:56 PM)
Its not something they have ever been known to do on any given tour.

They don't ever change more than a few songs but this statement is just wrong. The R30 tour was the first since the Hold Your Fire tour that had no changes. Personally, if they record a dvd I hope it's with the current setlist and I certainly don't want them to drop any new songs.

No its not wrong, i was saying they dont make major changes to a setlist during that tour, and ive seen 37 shows so i know what in talking about.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 19 2007, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 19 2007, 12:26 PM)

Adding Jacob's Ladder?.........So you want them to play all of Permentant Waves?

And this would be a bad thing? tongue.gif

Archived