Do you think they will drop some S & A songs?

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 19 2007, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 19 2007, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 19 2007, 12:26 PM)
I'm not a S & A hater, in fact I think it's some of there best stuff since
power windows or even signals.
I do however think they should drop a song or two and play a few others from the past.
I think the way the wind blows is too long for a concert.
I'd cut two songs and add two from the past. 
Jacobs Ladder and maybe Marathon.

Adding Jacob's Ladder?.........So you want them to play all of Permentant Waves?

And this would be a bad thing? tongue.gif

No, not exactly

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Sep 18 2007, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 18 2007, 09:28 PM)
I was curious as to what everyone thought about whether or not they will keep the current setlist or drop some songs and add others.
Whatta ya think?

I like the new album but dropping 2-3 tunes from the new album and adding others from the past.

I doubt they will do this but if they do I will go this time.

Wow, you actually skipped this tour because of all the new songs? ohmy.gif fing.gif I would think it would still be worth it to see Entre Nous, Digital Man, Natural Science, Witch Hunt, Bangkok, etc. confused13.gif

Like someone else mentioned, I think they'd be more likely to swap S&A songs rather than drop them. I could see them swapping Way the Wind Blows or Spindrift with Faithless.

QUOTE (Spike @ Sep 18 2007, 10:57 PM)
I certainly hope not!  I think the new songs are some of the best ones in the setlist!  I love the vocal harmonies that Alex has added to some of the new songs, and I think they sound even better now than on the album.

That's not Alex. Those harmonies are samples of Geddy. Believe it. Alex is a great guitarist, but he's no singer. He readily admits this, by the way.

You can hear samples of his singing if you troll through Mita's site.

There is a whole section entitled "Odd Vocals - Alex Sings."

Enjoy. trink39.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 19 2007, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Sep 18 2007, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Sep 18 2007, 09:28 PM)
I was curious as to what everyone thought about whether or not they will keep the current setlist or drop some songs and add others.
Whatta ya think?

I like the new album but dropping 2-3 tunes from the new album and adding others from the past.

I doubt they will do this but if they do I will go this time.

Wow, you actually skipped this tour because of all the new songs? ohmy.gif fing.gif I would think it would still be worth it to see Entre Nous, Digital Man, Natural Science, Witch Hunt, Bangkok, etc. confused13.gif

Like someone else mentioned, I think they'd be more likely to swap S&A songs rather than drop them. I could see them swapping Way the Wind Blows or Spindrift with Faithless.

It is not all that strange considering how much I hate the new material. It accounts for a third of the show. I have seen rush 16 times and at $140 a ticket I want to enjoy all three hours. That wasn't going to happen with that set list.

This is just my opinion. If you enjoy the new stuff then keep on enjoying it! trink39.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Sep 19 2007, 10:00 PM)
I certainly hope not!  I think the new songs are some of the best ones in the setlist!  I love the vocal harmonies that Alex has added to some of the new songs, and I think they sound even better now than on the album.

That's not Alex. Those harmonies are samples of Geddy. Believe it. Alex is a great guitarist, but he's no singer. He readily admits this, by the way.

Enjoy. trink39.gif

Alex sings the harmonies and back-up vocals live on a lot of the S&A songs...

Ok, I should have realized this earlier, but "In the End", would be a tough song on Geddy's voice. It was a popular concert song during the

mid 70's, but I guess it would be a little too much to ask for at this stage.

I think it's possible, but Geddy would have to bump down his vocals

considerably.

S&A stuff RULES 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Setlist changes???

GET SUMMERTIME BLUES OUTTA THERE lol

sorry but i LOVE DEW and it was my first concert and i didnt get to see it becuase of summertime blues so let DEW be the regular song for that slot.

also Roll The Bones, just becuase its one of my fav rush songs and they didnt play it sad.gif other than that i have no complaints

I am definitely no S&A hater, but that Larger Bowl thing can go in the dustbin right away. Often skip that one.

I hope they skip it for the European leg next month.

Would rather hear one from the late 80s or early 90s (not that thats my favorite era, but now it seems they wanna erase that part)

Chain Lightning / Available light / ghost of a chance / cut to the chase.

But they wont, 100%. its their show, not ours.

QUOTE (billydonald9 @ Sep 21 2007, 03:12 PM)

Enjoy. trink39.gif

He may be singing, but is his mike actually on? laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 22 2007, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (billydonald9 @ Sep 21 2007, 03:12 PM)

Enjoy. trink39.gif

He may be singing, but is his mike actually on? laugh.gif

Yes, but it's mixed very, very, very low. laugh.gif

Um - Spindrift is my current ringtone, so I vote no to drop it. I've lobbied hard for Faithless, I can't believe it's not part of their set. That song is as significant now as Jethro Tull's Wind Up was for me so many years ago. And who out there can't relate to We Hold On. Bravest Face and The Good News First are also top rate songs that should be added. Let's see, what else? Oh - that's right - that's the whole album. I guess the boys have no choice but to wrap up this tour and get back in the studio. wink.gif

Given the crowd reaction, I'd say Main Monkey Business and Spindrift should be dropped.

I really liked MMB when I first heard it but it's slowly working it's way down for me. Like many of Rush's songs post-GUP, it now feels longer than necessary. The monkey videos probably helped keep people's interest. Anyone else feel that at least one of the screens should ALWAYS be focused on the guys actually playing? It's an instrumental yet we couldn't see their work on screen.

Spindrift is growing on me but it still didn't come across well live. I loved how Way The Wind Blows, Larger Bowl, Armor+Sword, Workin' Them Angels and the 2 short instrumentals came across. Faithless would be my choice of a song to add from S+A.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Sep 23 2007, 07:52 PM)
Spindrift is growing on me but it still didn't come across well live.

Wow. Again, this points out how relative all this stuff is. I absolutely love "Spindrift" and I think it kicked ass live. laugh.gif

Archived