Anybody Met Geddy Lee?

gotbass1228

2.gif I'm meeting Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson this August, on the 26th In Indianapolis, Indiana. Anybody met them before? Are they nice people in person? I know they look nice on interviews and all, but are they okay to take a picture and give an autograph and maybe answer a question? Thanks for all the comments soon to be here, laugh.gif cool.gif tongue.gif 653.gif 2.gif

I've never been to a meet and greet but I did ambush Geddy at a Texas Rangers baseball game a few years ago. He couldn't have been nicer. I kind of felt bad for getting in his face because they must hate that kind of thing, but he was very cool. I'm sure he and Alex will be even more accommodating at a meet and greet. Have fun and try to think of something clever to say to them, not just the usual "Oh my God you guys are the greatest....." I'm sure they've heard that 50,000 times (even though it's true!)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ Jul 16 2007, 05:36 AM)
2.gif I'm meeting Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson this August, on the 26th In Indianapolis, Indiana. Anybody met them before? Are they nice people in person? I know they look nice on interviews and all, but are they okay to take a picture and give an autograph and maybe answer a question? Thanks for all the comments soon to be here, laugh.gif cool.gif tongue.gif 653.gif 2.gif

Cool. How did you manage to arrange this?

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 16 2007, 07:39 AM)
2.gif  I'm meeting Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson this August, on the 26th In Indianapolis, Indiana. Anybody met them before? Are they nice people in person? I know they look nice on interviews and all, but are they okay to take a picture and give an autograph and maybe answer a question? Thanks for all the comments soon to be here,  laugh.gif  cool.gif  tongue.gif  653.gif  2.gif

Ritual sacrifice yes.gif

wink.gif

I saw Geddy once at Woodbine

I'm incredibly shy and kind of mumbled hi.

Oh exciting eh? eyesre4.gif

<sigh>

I'm happy for everyone who's met them...but I'm EXTREMELY jealous.

And you people that have met them more than ONCE?

bd.gif

I wanna turn!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 16 2007, 10:02 AM)
<sigh>

bd.gif

I wanna turn!!!

*sigh* I'm right there with ya, hon. I'm happy for those who have had the tremendous honour of meeting them (or even just one of them - I'd definitely have no problems with just meeting Ged wub.gif)....but by the same token, so I am rather jealous as well, as I would LOVE to be have a turn, too LOL

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 16 2007, 07:02 AM)
<sigh>

bd.gif

I wanna turn!!!

I'm with you GG!

Gotbass1228, Congrat's on your upcoming meeting of Geddy & Alex!!

I'm sooo jealous of you meeting Geddy....I heart.gif him sooo much! Very envious of you! Congrat's on you meeting them soon again!

Did you win a meet & greet at an upcoming concert?

Yea, as someone else suggested, say something original or cool/different. And I would of course thank them for the wonderful music they have given us, and I'd tell them to keep on touring! (I get nervous they are going to retire!)

Say hi to Geddy for me! Love him! heart.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Rush on! 2.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 16 2007, 01:39 AM)
2.gif  I'm meeting Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson this August, on the 26th In Indianapolis, Indiana. Anybody met them before? Are they nice people in person? I know they look nice on interviews and all, but are they okay to take a picture and give an autograph and maybe answer a question? Thanks for all the comments soon to be here,  laugh.gif  cool.gif  tongue.gif  653.gif  2.gif

tongue.gif Connections my friend... Connections! Ah, my best friend knows Geddy's lawn care taker, who gave me backstage passes! 2.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 16 2007, 01:03 PM)
Tell Ged that iluvgeddy05/Jill says bekloppt.gif

im going to tell them, once im done talking to them, (hehe) that everybody in The Rush Forum loves all your work, but Jill says HI!

I met Geddy and Alex during the T4E tour. I was very nervous to meet Geddy since I had worshipped him for like 25 years. I said a few words to him and found him to be polite but a little reserved. Alex was definitely more personal and talkative.

I met Alex and Geddy last Monday at Mohegan Sun. Geddy is more reserved than Alex, but he's still very friendly. When I approached him to shake his hand I kept it very low-key, as that's how he appeared to be. Alex was much more outgoing... smiled a lot. One guy had his kid with him and Alex put his arm around him when they took the picture. But both were very friendly. You won't be disappointed... they were very approachable... very cool. Have a good time in August!!!
  • Like 1

I personally have never met Geddy but a very close friend of mine actually sat in his kitchen and had coffee made by his wife!! Let me explain:

It was just prior to the Vapour Trails tour. My friend, Bob, is a carpenter/contractor with his own business building and renovating custom-made (and multi-million dollar!) homes. He was working about 5 doors down from Geddy's house.

One cold early morning, Bob arrived at the job site to find that the house was locked as the person with the key had not arrived yet. A figure came jogging down the street and, lo and behold, it was Geddy himself! Apparently, Geddy jogs to help increase his stamina when tour time comes around. Anyway, Geddy saw Bob standing there in the cold and asked him if he would like to come in and warm up while he waited.

Bob was in Geddy's house for about a half hour. Geddy gave him a quick tour of the house (Bob had mentioned one of his working contacts had done the hardwood floor in Geddy's house) including his "music room"! Bob said there were basses and guitars everywhere!

Anyway, that's it. He had promised to take me down there one day to show me Geddy's house but, you know what, he never did. I'll have to talk to him about that!

Not that I would stalk Geddy or anything. I'm as big a fan as they come and, being a bass player myself, Geddy is one of my "idols", but I'm not a "fanatic".

• Like 1

QUOTE (Mindcore @ Jul 16 2007, 06:47 PM)
I personally have never met Geddy but a very close friend of mine actually sat in his kitchen and had coffee made by his wife!! Let me explain:

It was just prior to the Vapour Trails tour. My friend, Bob, is a carpenter/contractor with his own business building and renovating custom-made (and multi-million dollar!) homes. He was working about 5 doors down from Geddy's house.

One cold early morning, Bob arrived at the job site to find that the house was locked as the person with the key had not arrived yet. A figure came jogging down the street and, lo and behold, it was Geddy himself! Apparently, Geddy jogs to help increase his stamina when tour time comes around. Anyway, Geddy saw Bob standing there in the cold and asked him if he would like to come in and warm up while he waited.

Bob was in Geddy's house for about a half hour. Geddy gave him a quick tour of the house (Bob had mentioned one of his working contacts had done the hardwood floor in Geddy's house) including his "music room"! Bob said there were basses and guitars everywhere!

Anyway, that's it. He had promised to take me down there one day to show me Geddy's house but, you know what, he never did. I'll have to talk to him about that!

Not that I would stalk Geddy or anything. I'm as big a fan as they come and, being a bass player myself, Geddy is one of my "idols", but I'm not a "fanatic".

THATS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!! Im a fanatic though, hehe, i play bass and sing, and syths and bass pedals too!!!

have a great day! 2.gif 653.gif