Apocalypto

deadwing2112

Saw it at the cinema, a few girlies had to run out because of the brutality. But me and my wifey held out! ph34r.gif

Good film and I think very authentic to what happened there at the time. Those Maya and Aztecs were some brutal folks!

Watched it last night quite accidentally - bf wanted to watch about 20 mins of it before going to bed. We sat glued to the screen for the whole 2.5 hours. Loved it. Very well done. Didn't find it particularly gory - let's say it had as much gore as it needed.

I saw quite a few parts of it on Youtube and thought it was good....what I saw.

bumper.gif

Just saw this last night (early this AM, actually). Stunning in its staging. The Mayan City scene is fantastic! Ended up falling back asleep and missing the chase, so I'll have to watch again.

Looking forward to it.

This is one of those movies I've always wanted to watch but never have. I saw a about 15 minutes of it years ago while flipping around, but couldn't leave it on. What little I saw was very good.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 7 2007, 12:40 PM)
I just saw it last night and I thought it was great. Anyone else see it?

I was very disturbed by that movie.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 26 2011, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 7 2007, 12:40 PM)
I just saw it last night and I thought it was great. Anyone else see it?

I was very disturbed by that movie.

What was disturbing?

I saw it again tonight because I saw this thread. It's one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in the last 10 years.

It's a great movie, and no it was not based on anything other then the crazy in Mel's head.

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Sep 28 2011, 02:15 PM)
It's a great movie, and no it was not based on anything other then the crazy in Mel's head.

Bingo.

I saw it and asside from the costumes and elaborate make up and designs the story was as rubbish as they come. Anyone who has done even a birdcourse on Mayan Civilization would agree with me.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 28 2011, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (-Jane- @ Sep 28 2011, 02:15 PM)

Bingo.

I saw it and asside from the costumes and elaborate make up and designs the story was as rubbish as they come. Anyone who has done even a birdcourse on Mayan Civilization would agree with me.

I'm guessing that, as a devout Catholic, Mel read plenty of he manuscripts left behind by the conquistadors. Lots of inflammatory portrayals there to feed what might become his vision for the film. Makes for great cinema.