Will you read the setlist before seeing the show?

ReflectedLight

Absolutely not! Why ever detract from the surprise?

I remember when they played Between the Wheels last tour I never expected that - it blew my mind.

Anyways I'll be seeing them June/Sept/Oct so the first show will be a total surprise - the other 4 not so much unless they tinker with the set list.

2.gif

Luckily I'm seeing them in Atlanta on opening night... so I won't have to worry about setlists. But I won't be posting the setlist here, and if I wasn't seeing the first show of the tour, I definitely wouldn't look a setlist up.

I like suprises.

Going to the Atlanta show - so I may not be able to find out, but I'm hoping for spoilers before opening nite.

Went to opening nite last tour in Nashvegas and loved not knowing. However, this year I'm bringing recruits to the show and want to have them prepared with lyrics and songs beforehand if possible.

Sorry to break the trend.

I would like to not know about the setlist, but let's be practical... how feasible will it really be to remain unspoiled, unless one just about stops reading posts in TRF once the tour starts?

If people can maintain the "spoiler" naming convention for concert-related posts, then MAYBE it'll be possible... but I kind of think we'll all get some amount of spoilage just through TRF osmosis. laugh.gif

The only way not to be spoiled before the show is to not read the forums.

Once the first show kicks off, I won't be reading the forums until I see them on July 2nd. just because it would be hard not reading something amongst the many topics that would talk about the show.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 14 2007, 12:03 PM)
The only way not to be spoiled before the show is to not read the forums.
Once the first show kicks off, I won't be reading the forums until I see them on July 2nd. just because it would be hard not reading something amongst the many topics that would talk about the show.

me too!

All I know is the guys have been quoted as saying they feel liberated with having played alot of the classics on the R30 tour. They want to dig back into the archives and try to bring back some of the magic.

I know there's going to be some surprises, and maybe a few more, but it's the not knowing before the show that makes it that much better.

I like knowing usually so I can go back and listen to a few of the tunes they will play that I may not listen to very often. I'm going to Tampa so it won't help this time around. No time.

i ALWAYS say i wont but, i ALWAYS do. cant help it 2.gif 2.gif

I've reviewed the setlist before... but since I am going to opening night, I do not want to know what the set list is... now, if I was going to a later date (only), I would probably crack down and view it.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 14 2007, 04:21 PM)
I like knowing usually so I can go back and listen to a few of the tunes they will play that I may not listen to very often.

Exactly. I like surprises, but I left that for my first Rush show ever, not knowing anything beforehand. This time around, I'd like to know if it appears here. If not, no biggie.

yes.gif I want to know

As far as I'm concerned it takes Nothing away from the Experiance

I go to ALL concerts with a set list if possable

Can't Wait to see what the final set list choice will be for S/A

Arrr 1287.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 14 2007, 08:58 AM)
Luckily I'm seeing them in Atlanta on opening night... so I won't have to worry about setlists. But I won't be posting the setlist here, and if I wasn't seeing the first show of the tour, I definitely wouldn't look a setlist up.

I like suprises.

I mostly curious about exploding head guy in your avatar.

Your comments?

I've looked in the past and I haven't. Definitely better to be surprised. I'm going to the Atlanta show so unless it leaks out before then, it'll be a surprise this year.

Now I plan to post the setlist once I leave the show. So I know it's tempting, but if you want to be surprised, don't look! dazed025.gif

I won't be able to not-look. I want to make a setlist playlist for my iPod so I can listen to the set at work in the days before my show. I've seen 4 tours already without knowing what was going to be played. I'll enjoy the anticipation of knowing whats in store. biggrin.gif

I know there are folks on both sides of this question, those who wouldn't mind seeing the list and those who want the surprise.

I am hoping that those who either see the show or cast their eyes on a confirmed setlist suppress their impulse to post it inappropriately, thereby spoiling it for those who want the surprise. It's not that difficult to conceal through use of the word *SPOILER* in the thread title and not giving away any songs or specifics about the show in the Topic Titles and Descriptions.

trink39.gif

Archived