What is your most hated movie?

The Owl

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 13 2007, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 11 2007, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 11 2007, 11:53 AM)
all it is, is wall to wall boobs and a chick who thinks she can dance but basically has sex with the air the entire time.

that single-handedly removes it from eligibility on this list...

Showgirls is a terrible movie. Bad acting, stupid story, goofy dialogue, but this aspect of it that Pedro brings up is it's saving grace.

I guess you have to be a guy though. yes.gif

Or a lesbian. unsure.gif

I'll shut up now... ph34r.gif

Seriously though, Showgirls for me falls in the category of "so bad it's almost good". It's one of those movies that's fun to watch to laugh at how bad it is.

Kind of like Grease 2.

Wasn't the original Grease in that category as well? cool.gif

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I'll post this knowing before hand I'm going to get ripped to shreds for it, but among my most hated films ever are two recent trilogies, that seemingly everyone else in America thought were great. I of course speak of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies. The one film from each trilogy that I had the misfortune of seeing were so bad they put me to sleep. The Matrix while I was in the theater. On a good note, I didn't have to pay for the ticket, and I got a good two and a half hour nap out of it. Just horrible movies. And with the Matrix, what else could you expect, it starred Keanu Reeves, who's only good films were The Devil's Advocate (because of Pacino) and the Replacements (because of Gene Hackman and the actor who played the kicker).

Others to make my list of most hated films.....Sphere the worst film ever adapted from a book, ever. The 2nd and 3rd Jurrasic Park films, the 2nd because it had nothing to dow ith the book it was "based on" and the third because it wasn't based on anything except trying to make more money. Never Say Never Again, the absolute worst Bond film ever. Not only because Connery came back ten years later, but because it was a cheese-ball remake of one of the best Bond films ever (Thunderball, which is second only to Goldfinger). and lastly, Fever Pitch, not only because it makes Red Sox fans look like complete idiots and nutcases, but because Jimmy Falon is about as funny and talented as wall paper paste. This is just a sampling, there are many, many more that I despise, some of them already mentioned, some of them I'm trying to repress the memories of having seen because they were so bad.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Apr 13 2007, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 13 2007, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 11 2007, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 11 2007, 11:53 AM)
all it is, is wall to wall boobs and a chick who thinks she can dance but basically has sex with the air the entire time.

that single-handedly removes it from eligibility on this list...

Showgirls is a terrible movie. Bad acting, stupid story, goofy dialogue, but this aspect of it that Pedro brings up is it's saving grace.

I guess you have to be a guy though. yes.gif

Or a lesbian. unsure.gif

I'll shut up now... ph34r.gif

Seriously though, Showgirls for me falls in the category of "so bad it's almost good". It's one of those movies that's fun to watch to laugh at how bad it is.

Kind of like Grease 2.

Wasn't the original Grease in that category as well? cool.gif

Hey, I love the original Grease! yes.gif

Don't be putting down one of the only musicals I've ever enjoyed! tongue.gif

Grease 2 on the other hand... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Apr 13 2007, 10:04 PM)
well, I'll post this knowing before hand I'm going to get ripped to shreds for it, but among my most hated films ever are two recent trilogies, that seemingly everyone else in America thought were great. I of course speak of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies. The one film from each trilogy that I had the misfortune of seeing were so bad they put me to sleep. The Matrix while I was in the theater. On a good note, I didn't have to pay for the ticket, and I got a good two and a half hour nap out of it. Just horrible movies. And with the Matrix, what else could you expect, it starred Keanu Reeves, who's only good films were The Devil's Advocate (because of Pacino) and the Replacements (because of Gene Hackman and the actor who played the kicker).

ohmy.gif

The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies were ok. Certainly not a great way to end the story, but at least it was pretty to look at. The first Matrix, on the other hand, was an absolute masterpiece.

The LOTR trilogy to me is one of the finest creations, even works of art, ever produced in cinema as far as I'm concerned. An absolute phenomenal achievement on every level, and one that will undoubtedly stand the test of time, continuing to give great enjoyment to hundreds of millions for decades to come.

Some of the worst movies of all time??? fing.gif

So how was that for ripping you to shreds? wink.gif

Meh, it's all opinions. You know I still like you regardless doubled_mystic, bad taste in movies and all. tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 14 2007, 07:03 AM)
well, I'll post this knowing before hand I'm going to get ripped to shreds for it, but among my most hated films ever are two recent trilogies, that seemingly everyone else in America thought were great.  I of course speak of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies.  The one film from each trilogy that I had the misfortune of seeing were so bad they put me to sleep.  The Matrix while I was in the theater.  On a good note, I didn't have to pay for the ticket, and I got a good two and a half hour nap out of it.  Just horrible movies.  And with the Matrix, what else could you expect, it starred Keanu Reeves, who's only good films were The Devil's Advocate (because of Pacino) and the Replacements (because of Gene Hackman and the actor who played the kicker).

ohmy.gif

The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies were ok. Certainly not a great way to end the story, but at least it was pretty to look at. The first Matrix, on the other hand, was an absolute masterpiece.

The LOTR trilogy to me is one of the finest creations, even works of art, ever produced in cinema as far as I'm concerned. An absolute phenomenal achievement on every level, and one that will undoubtedly stand the test of time, continuing to give great enjoyment to hundreds of millions for decades to come.

Meh, it's all opinions. You know I still like you regardless doubled_mystic, bad taste in movies and all. tongue.gif trink39.gif

Yeah i don't understand the LOTR's in the most hated category. He is certainly one of the group of about a hundred people in the world confused13.gif that feel that way - But that's His opinion -

Fried Green Tomatoes

To this day whenever I see it when checking whats on I always call my wife (whether she is at home or out) and tell her she better not miss it!

The Matrix movies & LOTR? Your opinion but I would say that you are in a group of maybe a 100.

And I loved Titantic.....Thought I would hate it but was pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE (snowdog987 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:17 PM)
Fried Green Tomatoes

To this day whenever I see it when checking whats on I always call my wife (whether she is at home or out) and tell her she better not miss it!

The Matrix movies & LOTR? Your opinion but I would say that you are in a group of maybe a 100.

Matrix 1 was amazing. The other two were sub par to put it lightly

QUOTE (TheMeek @ Apr 14 2007, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog987 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:17 PM)
Fried Green Tomatoes

Matrix 1 was amazing. The other two were sub par to put it lightly

The Matrix was spoiled by having Keanu "I'm a meathead, dude" Reeves in it...

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 15 2007, 12:13 AM)
well, I'll post this knowing before hand I'm going to get ripped to shreds for it, but among my most hated films ever are two recent trilogies, that seemingly everyone else in America thought were great.  I of course speak of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogies.  The one film from each trilogy that I had the misfortune of seeing were so bad they put me to sleep.  The Matrix while I was in the theater.  On a good note, I didn't have to pay for the ticket, and I got a good two and a half hour nap out of it.  Just horrible movies.  And with the Matrix, what else could you expect, it starred Keanu Reeves, who's only good films were The Devil's Advocate (because of Pacino) and the Replacements (because of Gene Hackman and the actor who played the kicker).

ohmy.gif

Yeah i don't understand the LOTR's in the most hated category. He is certainly one of the group of about a hundred people in the world confused13.gif that feel that way - But that's His opinion -

I wouldn't put The Matrix or LOTR movies as my most hated BUT I don't like them AT ALL. Matrix 1 and 2 and LOTR 1 & 3 put me to sleep (I didn't see Matrix 3 or LOTR 2...and 'NO' I wasn't tired or sleepy when I saw those flicks). I tried watching LOTR 1 twice because everyone seemed to have a hard on for it. I thought I might've been missing some classic movie. Well, I fell asleep both times. And the same thing happened with Matrix 1...tried to see it twice and fell asleep both times. I'll admit that Matrix and LOTR are visually cool but that's where it ends for me.

Anything with Edward Burns' name on it, excluding Saving Private Ryan. The man is the Jon Bon Jovi of movies. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why his is as successful as he is. His movies are pure tripe.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 15 2007, 02:58 AM)

ohmy.gif

I wouldn't put The Matrix or LOTR movies as my most hated BUT I don't like them AT ALL. Matrix 1 and 2 and LOTR 1 & 3 put me to sleep (I didn't see Matrix 3 or LOTR 2...and 'NO' I wasn't tired or sleepy when I saw those flicks). I tried watching LOTR 1 twice because everyone seemed to have a hard on for it. I thought I might've been missing some classic movie. Well, I fell asleep both times. And the same thing happened with Matrix 1...tried to see it twice and fell asleep both times. I'll admit that Matrix and LOTR are visually cool but that's where it ends for me.

Do you not like sci-fi and fantasy in general? As far as I'm concerned, the 1st Matrix and the LOTR trilogy is about as good as it gets in the sci-fi and fantasy arena...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 15 2007, 08:21 AM)
Anything with Edward Burns' name on it, excluding Saving Private Ryan. The man is the Jon Bon Jovi of movies. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why his is as successful as he is. His movies are pure tripe.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

When he first came on the scene i would always mistake him for Ben Affleck - I think it has to do with the lack of acting skills??? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 15 2007, 09:33 AM)
Anything with Edward Burns' name on it, excluding Saving Private Ryan.  The man is the Jon Bon Jovi of movies.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why his is as successful as he is.  His movies are pure tripe.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

When he first came on the scene i would always mistake him for Ben Affleck - I think it has to do with the lack of acting skills??? rofl3.gif

How could I forget Ben Affleck!?!?!?! Affleck is awful!

Armageddon, Surviving Christmas, Pearl Harbor, Jersey Girl, Gigli, Bounce...everyone is awful! And these were off the top of my head!

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 15 2007, 06:33 AM)
Anything with Edward Burns' name on it, excluding Saving Private Ryan.  The man is the Jon Bon Jovi of movies.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why his is as successful as he is.  His movies are pure tripe.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I thought The Brothers McMullen was great. Sure, it was way low budget and the acting was not always exemplary, but still a very enjoyable movie...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 15 2007, 06:46 AM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Armageddon, Surviving Christmas, Pearl Harbor, Jersey Girl, Gigli, Bounce...everyone is awful! And these were off the top of my head!

I never had a problem with Affleck's acting. I don't always love the movies he's in, but I think his acting is fine.

Dazed and Confused, Good Will Hunting, Shakespeare In Love, Boiler Room... These were all very good or great movies featuring great performances from Affleck...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2007, 10:22 PM)

ohmy.gif

Do you not like sci-fi and fantasy in general? As far as I'm concerned, the 1st Matrix and the LOTR trilogy is about as good as it gets in the sci-fi and fantasy arena...

Yes I like sci-fi and fantasy. I liked the original Star Wars movies, some of the Star Trek movies, Terminator, Alien, many superhero movies (which could be be categorized in sci-fi and/or fantasy), etc. I just didn't like the Matrix and LOTR movies. I strongly disagree that they're as good as it gets in that arena as you stated.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2007, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 15 2007, 06:46 AM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I never had a problem with Affleck's acting. I don't always love the movies he's in, but I think his acting is fine.

Dazed and Confused, Good Will Hunting, Shakespeare In Love, Boiler Room... These were all very good or great movies featuring great performances from Affleck...

confused13.gif I just don't see it. He is so wooden and contrived. As is Edward Burns. They both have the depth of a puddle and are so unconvincing, IMHO. But hey, to each his own! I'm glad you enjoy the "talent" of Ben Affleck!

trink39.gif

I really liked the first Matrix movie when it came out, but the other two were so shitty it kind of ruined my enjoyment of it. The first one feels like it's setting up a big epic story, and it's good, but the other two suck and arent worth watching so the whole thing feels incomplete now. That 10 minute underground rave scene in the second one is the biggest eye rolling moment in movie history. LotR rocks though. The third one was a bit too long and gets kind of boring at the end, but it's probably one of the best movies I've ever seen in the theater.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 15 2007, 07:00 AM)

ohmy.gif

Yes I like sci-fi and fantasy. I liked the original Star Wars movies, some of the Star Trek movies, Terminator, Alien, many superhero movies (which could be be categorized in sci-fi and/or fantasy), etc. I just didn't like the Matrix and LOTR movies. I strongly disagree that they're as good as it gets in that arena as you stated.

Well, in terms of sci-fi, The Matrix is somewhat non-traditional - it's not an outer space epic, but it is sci-fi. There are a LOT of great sci-fi movies that have been made, including many of the ones you've mentioned.

The Lord of the Rings movies, on the other hand - to me they have no equal in the world of fantasy movies, not even close. To me it would be like comparing an 8-year old's art with Monet or Picasso or whatever someone's favorite artist are. They are absolute masterworks.

Of course you're netitled to your opinion, but I'm just puzzled to no end when people don't like those movies, much less hate them. My wife and I have the extended versions of all three and we've watched them countless times. Pure art of the highest order.

Then again, people can't understand my loathing of VT and insist that's high art too, so I guess there's no accounting for taste. wacko.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 14 2007, 11:13 AM)

ohmy.gif

WRONG!!! There are just as many people who HATE LOTR as there is that enjoy it. Even more, cuz usually the people who loved it... GROW UP and realize what a horrible piece of shit it is. Those who don't grow up... well.. they just have no taste in movies to begin with I guess.

I agree that the Matrix sequels blew also. The first was okay, but nothing worth spawning such a frenzied fan following. Just more proof that the masses are sheep that will follow anything that is forced down their throats.

ART??? My god... does it ever stop??? Do you type that shit with a straight face Goobs? Seriously? ART??? z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2007, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 15 2007, 07:00 AM)

ohmy.gif

Well, in terms of sci-fi, The Matrix is somewhat non-traditional - it's not an outer space epic, but it is sci-fi. There are a LOT of great sci-fi movies that have been made, including many of the ones you've mentioned.

The Lord of the Rings movies, on the other hand - to me they have no equal in the world of fantasy movies, not even close. To me it would be like comparing an 8-year old's art with Monet or Picasso or whatever someone's favorite artist are. They are absolute masterworks.

Of course you're netitled to your opinion, but I'm just puzzled to no end when people don't like those movies, much less hate them. My wife and I have the extended versions of all three and we've watched them countless times. Pure art of the highest order.

Then again, people can't understand my loathing of VT and insist that's high art too, so I guess there's no accounting for taste. wacko.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZUJj2DSc8

Ok I am a fan of LOTR, but Randall makes some good points against LOTR. And you can't compare The Rings to the Star Wars saga. The Force will always hold true. (and that includes the prequel trilogy as well)

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 15 2007, 11:01 AM)

ohmy.gif

WRONG!!! There are just as many people who HATE LOTR as there is that enjoy it. Even more, cuz usually the people who loved it... GROW UP and realize what a horrible piece of shit it is. Those who don't grow up... well.. they just have no taste in movies to begin with I guess.

I agree that the Matrix sequels blew also. The first was okay, but nothing worth spawning such a frenzied fan following. Just more proof that the masses are sheep that will follow anything that is forced down their throats.

ART??? My god... does it ever stop??? Do you type that shit with a straight face Goobs? Seriously? ART??? z7shysterical.gif

Great, you found this thread. sarcasm.gif

One of the most stupdendous artistic creations ever made in cinema, and in the world of fantasy, head and shoulders above the rest. An astounding mindboggling creation of genius.

Absolutely straight face.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2007, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 15 2007, 11:01 AM)

ohmy.gif

Great, you found this thread. sarcasm.gif

One of the most stupdendous artistic creations ever made in cinema, and in the world of fantasy, head and shoulders above the rest. An astounding mindboggling creation of genius.

... much more so than the latest batch of Green Lantern comics.