THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

I am sure the Pats didn't break the rules, but it seems like the Ravens should be given enough time to hear what the new set up is and adjust, which I know at least once they weren't.

I think it's pretty simple. If they didn't break a rule, then the defense just needs to figure out how to address what the offense is doing. Once the season is over, Harbaugh can act like Tony Dungy and Don Shula and go cry to the rules committee.

I admit I don't know the rule, but if a player with a usually ineligible number lines up as an eligible receiver this is announced. I would think that if a player who's usually an eligible receiver declares himself ineligible (and they showed him talking to the official), I would think this would need to be announced, too. If it's not a rule, it should be addressed.

Just goes to show that Belichick and his staff are light years ahead of the game when it comes to the intricacies of the rules and how to manipulate them. Brady is lucky to have attached his star to someone who can give him that kind of advantage. Hell, Matt Cassel could lead them to an 11-5 record...

They did announce it. Over the stadium PA system.

I'll take your word for it. I didn't hear it and the announcers didn't, to the best of my recollection, mention it, and Michaels and Collinsworth are usually all over that kind of thing, unlike the #1 crews for Fox and KBS, ETA: the annoucement of it, not the fact that they did it in the first place.

Reiss tweeted about it and it's in the Deadspin link. Matt Chatham tweeted about it and was actually livid. He pulled his tweet suggesting the refs gave Baltimore an unfair advantage.

Your word is good enough. :)

• Like 1

This Ind-Den game is really depressing. The Colts are completely one dimensional and the Broncos just aren't really good right now on either side of the ball. Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

I am sure the Pats didn't break the rules, but it seems like the Ravens should be given enough time to hear what the new set up is and adjust, which I know at least once they weren't.

I think it's pretty simple. If they didn't break a rule, then the defense just needs to figure out how to address what the offense is doing. Once the season is over, Harbaugh can act like Tony Dungy and Don Shula and go cry to the rules committee.

I admit I don't know the rule, but if a player with a usually ineligible number lines up as an eligible receiver this is announced. I would think that if a player who's usually an eligible receiver declares himself ineligible (and they showed him talking to the official), I would think this would need to be announced, too. If it's not a rule, it should be addressed.

Just goes to show that Belichick and his staff are light years ahead of the game when it comes to the intricacies of the rules and how to manipulate them. Brady is lucky to have attached his star to someone who can give him that kind of advantage. Hell, Matt Cassel could lead them to an 11-5 record...

They did announce it. Over the stadium PA system.

I'll take your word for it. I didn't hear it and the announcers didn't, to the best of my recollection, mention it, and Michaels and Collinsworth are usually all over that kind of thing, unlike the #1 crews for Fox and KBS, ETA: the annoucement of it, not the fact that they did it in the first place.

At least once it was announced very late. I thin the refs need to ensure it is announced before they break huddle.

• Like 1

This Ind-Den game is really depressing. The Colts are completely one dimensional and the Broncos just aren't really good right now on either side of the ball.

It's a bye for the Pats to the super bowl. With their luck, the Pack will win but lose Rodgers.

• Like 1

I hope that taunting penalty was worth it, as it cost the Ravens 4 points and probably the game.

The taunting penalty on Torrey Smith? The Ravens scored a TD on the very next play when the Patriots didn't cover the back out of the backfield.

I must have mixed it up. I watched on delay and was beside myself by then.

And what about that BS with Edelman throwing the pass to Amendola? I mean, how was the defense supposed to know that the WR Edelman, and not the QB Brady was going to throw the ball to Amendola? If you ask me, I think the Patriots should have had to announce that Edelman and not Brady was going to be throwing the ball to Amendola. When's the last time you saw a WR throw a pass?

Or what about draw plays? There's the QB in the shotgun, and they f*cking RUN the ball? Give me a break. I'm surprised the Cheatriots didn't try that play too.

Harbaugh looks like a jack@ss saying no one's ever seen that before. This morning I heard that Alabama used the exact same play against LSU. Harbaugh might, MIGHT, have an argument if someone wearing an ineligible number caught a pass. Hoomanawanui is a tight end for Christ's sake.

• Like 2

This Ind-Den game is really depressing. The Colts are completely one dimensional and the Broncos just aren't really good right now on either side of the ball.

It's a bye for the Pats to the super bowl. With their luck, the Pack will win but lose Rodgers.

I admire your unwavering confidence in the Patriots. But you should be careful. If they win, it will cheapen it a bit, since it will have seemed to have been a foregone conclusion, something no game really is. If they lose, it will be seen as a monumental collapse, rather than just having been outplayed on one particular Sunday.

• Like 1

Thuggs and co. were too busy thinking of ways to get "Brady sucks" into their victory speeches to pay attention I guess.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

I admire your unwavering confidence in the Patriots. But you should be careful. If they win, it will cheapen it a bit, since it will have seemed to have been a foregone conclusion, something no game really is. If they lose, it will be seen as a monumental collapse, rather than just having been outplayed on one particular Sunday.

I seem to remember everybody thinking a certain 18-0 team was going to Steamroll the Giants too.

I take nothing for granted after that shit, probably THE worst loss the Pats will ever suffer, period.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a chance they lose this weekend after the shellacking they gave the Colts last time, and how the Colts played last week. If they were to lose, it really would be a monumental collapse. However, assuming a healthy Rodgers, either team in the NFC would probably make the match-up interesting, and not the foregone conclusion of last week or the upcoming week.

I seem to remember everybody thinking a certain 18-0 team was going to Steamroll the Giants too.

I take nothing for granted after that shit, probably THE worst loss the Pats will ever suffer, period.

Yes, it was a monumental collapse because of how everyone expected them to win. A loss to the Colts wouldn't be nearly as monumental just because they aren't going for a perfect season and it's the AFC Championship. It would be one of the worst losses the Pats have had if they lose here, though.

Edited by LedRush

Yes, it was a monumental collapse because of how everyone expected them to win. A loss to the Colts wouldn't be nearly as monumental just because they aren't going for a perfect season and it's the AFC Championship. It would be one of the worst losses the Pats have had if they lose here, though.

This seasons run by the Patriots to me is far important than that 18-0 season way too much pressure there. Reason being to me this IS the very last strong run by the Patriots for SB WIN in the Brady era. It's win it ALL here and now or it will be some time before they'll have arun this strong with TB running the show. I just hope when his end comes which is soon it won't be like PM.

If Tom Brady wins another RING I might jump off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Are you kidding me?

As a Raider fan I will NEVER EVER forget the FUKK RULE, I mean the tuck rule. That fukking rule has been banned by the NFL.

GO LUCK!!!!! COLTS BABY!!!

Are you kidding me?

As a Raider fan I will NEVER EVER forget the FUKK RULE, I mean the tuck rule. That fukking rule has been banned by the NFL.

You're in for a very bad day.

• Like 3

Are you kidding me?

You're in for a very bad day.

No worries there, NE should roll over Indy without

any problem...

Are you kidding me?

Damn that's a shame I hear the water is cold and the currents are a bitch to swim. Enjoy the game remember it's only a GAME OR GAMES.