THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

DEFLATEGATE CONTINUES.....

http://www.boston.co...lls_for_af.html

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

PATRIOTS may not be allowed to play the Super Bowl as punishment, this kind of cheating can't continue. I think that would be appropriate, what do you think.

Peace

First of all,

They are not going to keep the Patriots from playing the game. But I also find this news disturbing. How do the refs. not figure it out during the game? That is part of there job. I read also that the Ravens made some comments about it as well. If it is proven with out a doubt then the league really needs too come down hard on them. JMO but I think teams should not be allowed to use there own footballs. Let the league provide them.

Edited by troutman

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

PATRIOTS may not be allowed to play the Super Bowl as punishment, this kind of cheating can't continue. I think that would be appropriate, what do you think.

Peace

First of all,

They are not going to keep the Patriots from playing the game. But I also find this news disturbing. How do the refs. not figure it out during the game? That is part of there job. I read also that the Ravens made some comments about it as well. If it is proven with out a doubt then the league really needs too come down hard on them. JMO but I think teams should not be allowed to use there own footballs. Let the league provide them.

This is extremely disappointing as a huge Pats fan. Just when the stink of Spygate finally blew away now comes this, cheating against a team like this.... You could have easily beaten the Colts without resorting to that shit. It doesn't matter if the refs didn't notice it- 11 out of 12 balls were not legal and the refs weren't the ones deflating them to 10 PSI. It doesn't matter that Aaron Rodgers overinflates his balls because he doesn't play for the Patriots. This whole thing even gives Harbaugh & the Ravens new ammo....

Now if the Pats win, it'll be another Super Bowl they couldn't have gotten to without cheating. If they lose, it'll be "See, the Pats can't beat a quality opponent without cheating!" Damned if you do / damned if you don't at this point.

If Kraft finds out Bellichick knew about this I almost think he'll can him, he's got to be absolutely f***ing ripshit right now. How embarrassing for the orginization.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 1

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

This is extremely disappointing as a huge Pats fan. Just when the stink of Spygate finally blew away now comes this, cheating against a team you could have easily have beaten the Colts without resorting to that shit. It doesn't matter if the refs didn't notice it- 11 out of 12 balls were not legal and the refs weren't the ones deflating them to 10 PSI. It doesn't matter that Aaron Rodgers overinflates his balls because he doesn't play for the Patriots. This whole thing even gives Harbaugh & the Ravens new ammo....

Now if the Pats win, it'll be another Super Bowl they couldn't have gotten to without cheating. If they lose, it'll be "See, the Pats can't beat a quality opponent without cheating!" Damned if you do / damned if you don't at this point.

If Kraft finds out Bellichick knew about this I almost think he'll can him, he's got to be absolutely f***ing ripshit right now. How embarrassing for the orginization.

Same here I'm disappointed also especially after what has happened in the past. They certainly don't need this kind of news even if the entire league does it and even if there's really no advantage doing this nonsense. Cheating now will probably be their nickname.........the New England Cheaters, N E Shrinkage etc.

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

This is extremely disappointing as a huge Pats fan. Just when the stink of Spygate finally blew away now comes this, cheating against a team you could have easily have beaten the Colts without resorting to that shit. It doesn't matter if the refs didn't notice it- 11 out of 12 balls were not legal and the refs weren't the ones deflating them to 10 PSI. It doesn't matter that Aaron Rodgers overinflates his balls because he doesn't play for the Patriots. This whole thing even gives Harbaugh & the Ravens new ammo....

Same here I'm disappointed also especially after what has happened in the past. They certainly don't need this kind of news even if the entire league does it and even if there's really no advantage doing this nonsense. Cheating now will probably be their nickname.........the New England Cheaters, N E Shrinkage etc.

It will probably cost them some draft picks. Just a guess.

Remember this one?

I never did understand why the refs. allowed it. :P The video is poor.

I love that game. That little whiny baby Shula went to the rules committee and made sure that wouldn't happen again.

So you think home teams should be allowed to manipulate the field conditions to their own advantage?

The end justifies the means.

Almost feels like I'm back in SOCN.

No, but like I said, it's nice that it happened to that whiny little baby Shula. fists%20crying.gif

If you dislike Shula for being whiny, you must wish Brady would rot in hell.

Not to mention Red Sox fans, who have mastered the art of whining over such a long time, they continued to do it through winning titles. I'm sure you'd rather been dead than associated with such consummate whiners.

Sox fans haven't really whined much since 2004. I'm glad it stopped. People started to hate us more than Yankee fans. Do you know how bad you have to be to be disliked more than the biggest jerk offs on Earth?

The reason the Sox are so hated is the combination of douchery and whining that has accompanied you since 2004. Even as a Yankee fan, I almost wanted you guys to win the Series in 2004 out of pity. I mean, it was a rivalry like the Globetrotters and the Generals are a rivalry. But the behavior of the fans in the next years made that go away quickly. The thing is, I had a same reaction to the Pats in 2001, but because I didn't move back to the states until 2004, I didn't realize what bitchy assholes all the fans had become.

I think on some level it might be a matter of the dynamics of the relationship. Yankee fans have always been dickheads. But until 2004, they also had the option of chanting "1918" and pretending that they personally played a role in any of the Yankees' championships (Yankee fans more than other that I've encountered seem to use the term "we" when referring to the team). After 2004 they've had to contend with Sox fans that could point to the Yankees' humiliating choke in that ALCS. I think for a lot of dickheads, they really miss being able to be the smug @ssholes they had spent their whole life being with respect to interacting with Sox fans.

JMO of course.

Remember this one?

I love that game. That little whiny baby Shula went to the rules committee and made sure that wouldn't happen again.

So you think home teams should be allowed to manipulate the field conditions to their own advantage?

No, but like I said, it's nice that it happened to that whiny little baby Shula. fists%20crying.gif

Not to mention Red Sox fans, who have mastered the art of whining over such a long time, they continued to do it through winning titles. I'm sure you'd rather been dead than associated with such consummate whiners.

Sox fans haven't really whined much since 2004. I'm glad it stopped. People started to hate us more than Yankee fans. Do you know how bad you have to be to be disliked more than the biggest jerk offs on Earth?

The reason the Sox are so hated is the combination of douchery and whining that has accompanied you since 2004. Even as a Yankee fan, I almost wanted you guys to win the Series in 2004 out of pity. I mean, it was a rivalry like the Globetrotters and the Generals are a rivalry. But the behavior of the fans in the next years made that go away quickly. The thing is, I had a same reaction to the Pats in 2001, but because I didn't move back to the states until 2004, I didn't realize what bitchy assholes all the fans had become.

I think on some level it might be a matter of the dynamics of the relationship. Yankee fans have always been dickheads. But until 2004, they also had the option of chanting "1918" and pretending that they personally played a role in any of the Yankees' championships (Yankee fans more than other that I've encountered seem to use the term "we" when referring to the team). After 2004 they've had to contend with Sox fans that could point to the Yankees' humiliating choke in that ALCS. I think for a lot of dickheads, they really miss being able to be the smug @ssholes they had spent their whole life being with respect to interacting with Sox fans.

JMO of course.

But none of those things were true about the Pats, so your explanation doesn't really explain the pattern.

As someone who wants the Pats to lose, I think this ball deflation thing is terrible. Now, instead of the New England juggernaut playing a team whose QB just looked lost and whose defense has key injuries in the worst possible places, the team gets to cast itself as the plucky underdog who everyone in the world is against. I suspect this will just make a NE victory more likely.

Remember this one?

JMO of course.

I think there's some absolute truth to that. Some Yankee friends of mine did the very same thing, after 2004 they had to then and now revert back their 27 WS championships they have won. They also try to never talk about 2004 that year I think really stung them good.

As someone who wants the Pats to lose, I think this ball deflation thing is terrible. Now, instead of the New England juggernaut playing a team whose QB just looked lost and whose defense has key injuries in the worst possible places, the team gets to cast itself as the plucky underdog who everyone in the world is against. I suspect this will just make a NE victory more likely.

I'm not so sure this is the case. First of all, this is the Super Bowl, so the motivation factor should be pretty equal; if you're not going all out to win the championship, wtf are you doing to begin with. Secondly, the added attention to Spygate the week of SB XLII didn't seem to positively affect the Patriots. And finally, it's hard to see how the controversy will help Brady's deep balls be any more accurate...there's no game planning effect from this, the teams will still have to execute properly

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

This is extremely disappointing as a huge Pats fan. Just when the stink of Spygate finally blew away now comes this, cheating against a team like this.... You could have easily beaten the Colts without resorting to that shit. It doesn't matter if the refs didn't notice it- 11 out of 12 balls were not legal and the refs weren't the ones deflating them to 10 PSI. It doesn't matter that Aaron Rodgers overinflates his balls because he doesn't play for the Patriots. This whole thing even gives Harbaugh & the Ravens new ammo....

Kraft won't do anything, he stood behind him after Spygate. Despite his saintly image (mostly a product of the constant fawning over him by his business partners Nantz and Simms) he's about winning first and if his underlings resort to underhanded methods to achieve that, so be it.

Remember this one?

JMO of course.

But none of those things were true about the Pats, so your explanation doesn't really explain the pattern.

We were talking about Yankees and Red Sox fans for a moment.

I'm not so sure this is the case. First of all, this is the Super Bowl, so the motivation factor should be pretty equal; if you're not going all out to win the championship, wtf are you doing to begin with. Secondly, the added attention to Spygate the week of SB XLII didn't seem to positively affect the Patriots. And finally, it's hard to see how the controversy will help Brady's deep balls be any more accurate...there's no game planning effect from this, the teams will still have to execute properly

I think its an embarrassment to the team frankly. Is it a huge deal in terms of impact on games? Not really. Are they alone in deflating or inflating balls to their liking? No. But it feeds the idea that they're cheaters. They look stupid for doing it after getting embarrassed once before.

And I don't think that "Spygate" is the reason the Patriots O line got badly outplayed by the Giants' D line, or the reason Assante Samuel dropped a pass that hit him in the face, or Richard Seymour couldn't pull Eli Manning down, or Rodney Harrison let David Tyree catch a ball with his helmet. The Giants outplayed them, in Arizona coincidentally. But I do think the team is going to be angry about people suggesting they shouldn't be in the Super Bowl because of this, and I think there is now an elevated chance that they go out and stomp on the Seahawks to prove a point.

Well, Spygate got them 18 wins in a row so you might be onto something.

I think its an embarrassment to the team frankly. Is it a huge deal in terms of impact on games? Not really. Are they alone in deflating or inflating balls to their liking? No. But it feeds the idea that they're cheaters. They look stupid for doing it after getting embarrassed once before.

And I don't think that "Spygate" is the reason the Patriots O line got badly outplayed by the Giants' D line, or the reason Assante Samuel dropped a pass that hit him in the face, or Richard Seymour couldn't pull Eli Manning down, or Rodney Harrison let David Tyree catch a ball with his helmet. The Giants outplayed them, in Arizona coincidentally. But I do think the team is going to be angry about people suggesting they shouldn't be in the Super Bowl because of this, and I think there is now an elevated chance that they go out and stomp on the Seahawks to prove a point.

I don't know...what does this say about your team if you have to rely on this for motivation in the Super Bowl? Isn't playing for a Championship enough? And why didn't it work that way seven years ago?

Remember this one?

JMO of course.

I think there's some absolute truth to that. Some Yankee friends of mine did the very same thing, after 2004 they had to then and now revert back their 27 WS championships they have won. They also try to never talk about 2004 that year I think really stung them good.

It's completely true. 14 seasons into the 21st century, the Red Sox have won 3 championships to the Yankees' 1 (the Yankees have had two additional chances that they choked away). Point that out to their fans and what do they say? Some version of "Get back to me when you reach 27."

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

Kraft won't do anything, he stood behind him after Spygate. Despite his saintly image (mostly a product of the constant fawning over him by his business partners Nantz and Simms) he's about winning first and if his underlings resort to underhanded methods to achieve that, so be it.

Kraft called Bellicheck out after Spygate, here's a quote from Kraft's book:

"Kraft asked Belichick, in essence, on a scale of 1 to 100, how much competitive advantage was gained by taping opposing teams.

Belichick said it was about a one.

“Then you're a schmuck,'' Kraft reportedly said."

That's not really standing behind him, IMO.

I don't know...what does this say about your team if you have to rely on this for motivation in the Super Bowl? Isn't playing for a Championship enough? And why didn't it work that way seven years ago?

I don't think it's their sole motivation. But I do think that Belichick and Brady know this is a legacy game for them. It was even before this happened. There's a big difference between going 4-2 lifetime in Super Bowls and 3-3.

7 years ago their O line got completely outclassed by the Giants' D line. It still took an impressive drive, with some luck thrown in if you're going to be honest, to beat the 2007 team. Spygate, and the refusal of other coaches to stand up and admit they had done it too, is why Belichick went out and let his team completely humiliate other teams all season. It's why a flawed team (their defense was not good) went 16-0 during the regular season, and came 5 minutes away from going undefeated. But the Giants were better that day. They almost beat them in the last game of the season.

I just think that this scandal is going to have them seeing red by game time.

• Like 1

It didn't work 7 years ago because the Giants showed up to play and the Pats didn't. Watching that game, it was painfully obvious who wanted to win that one and who came on the field thinking they'd already won.

• Like 1

Since I was either too obtuse or no one cares, I'll give my analogy, which I'm surprised isn't at least something everyone hasn't considered.

Deflating the balls to beat the Colts is like bugging DNC hq to defeat George McGovern. If nothing else, it's indicative of paranoia.

• Like 1

I don't think it's their sole motivation. But I do think that Belichick and Brady know this is a legacy game for them. It was even before this happened. There's a big difference between going 4-2 lifetime in Super Bowls and 3-3.

7 years ago their O line got completely outclassed by the Giants' D line. It still took an impressive drive, with some luck thrown in if you're going to be honest, to beat the 2007 team. Spygate, and the refusal of other coaches to stand up and admit they had done it too, is why Belichick went out and let his team completely humiliate other teams all season. It's why a flawed team (their defense was not good) went 16-0 during the regular season, and came 5 minutes away from going undefeated. But the Giants were better that day. They almost beat them in the last game of the season.

I just think that this scandal is going to have them seeing red by game time.

Completely agree with your assessment of SB XLII, and that it is a legacy game for B&B. Just don't know that any "extra motivation" will make any positive difference.

Since I was either too obtuse or no one cares, I'll give my analogy, which I'm surprised isn't at least something everyone hasn't considered.

Deflating the balls to beat the Colts is like bugging DNC hq to defeat George McGovern. If nothing else, it's indicative of paranoia.

They were talking about this on WEEI this morning.

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

Kraft called Bellicheck out after Spygate, here's a quote from Kraft's book:

"Kraft asked Belichick, in essence, on a scale of 1 to 100, how much competitive advantage was gained by taping opposing teams.

Belichick said it was about a one.

“Then you're a schmuck,'' Kraft reportedly said."

That's not really standing behind him, IMO.

Well, this is all very interesting.

1) If this is Kraft's book, why does it say "Kraft reportedly said."? Is this like the guy from the Clinton Administration that claimed that he lied to his diary?

2) This is an internal conversation, I'm not aware of anything where he publicly chastise him.

3) He asked BB what the impact was (no reason to lie there) took his word for it completely, and then made some disapproving but hardly excoriating comment and then apparently dropped the whole thing. I can't imagine BB thought Kraft was very upset about the whole thing.

They were talking about this on WEEI this morning.

That confirms my comment about it being obvious.

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

I agree,

He should be gone. But what if Kraft knew? If he did, then this whole thing is going to be a fu***** nightmare for the team.

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

Peace

First of all,

I agree,

He should be gone. But what if Kraft knew? If he did, then this whole thing is going to be a fu***** nightmare for the team.

I don't think Kraft knew. He doesn't get involved at that level. And even if he did,he has plausible deniability.

Also, he was too busy entertaining the Commissioner at his house the night before.

• Like 1