Goober Radio!

rushgoober

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 26 2006, 11:01 PM)
Ok I am listening but I am hearing pearl jam! Thats not classic rock! Or is that filler during commercials?

Yeah... some Pearl Jam, some Nirvana, some Metallica - I guess it's not literally "classic rock," but most of the other artists we play are. We're more than just a classic rock station - we're what used to be called "AOR," or album-oriented rock. Rush has always been a staple of that format.

Yuck, I'm playing George Thorogood - the artist I hate the most. This must be payback for getting to play "Freewill" earlier.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the station this evening getting training (after 2 aborted attempts to get trained last week, long story). Having been there and seeing how simple it is makes me a feel a lot better about things. I'm pretty excited - I hope some TRF'ers tune in. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 26 2006, 04:37 PM)
Cool Goobs.....I'll be listening in from way up here at Diavik Diamond Mine....possibly your most northern listener. Don't worry, I'll give you honest feedback on your performance, including constructive criticism and not-so constructive criticism.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey, go light on the criticism! tongue.gif

Seriously, I'm glad you'll be tuning in. I don't have the radio voice that Mark (sorry, GeddyRulz wink.gif ) does, but it's cool. I'm doing it mostly for the love of the music anyway, though I'll have some brief speaking bits as well.

Peace,

Gary

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 26 2006, 09:15 PM)
I'll be able to find out if you sound like a hippy or not Goobs...

wink.gif

ohmy.gif

z7shysterical.gif

This is true! yes.gif

I'm pretty pragmatic for a hippie, but my far out hippie side will come out, especially during my preamble.

Peace,

Gary

smile.gif You will be fine Goobs and I'm lookin' forward to hearing that East coast Hippy voice of yours on da radio mate trink39.gif

dam, ill be in work for most of your show and my boss leaves at 6:00pm which is good but he does not have a sound card on his computer eyesre4.gif but i may be able to catch a half hour when i get home. just relax and picture your listeners in there underwear, your gonna do great. wink.gif

this is great Gary!!!

lots of prayers for you!!

but i KNOW you'll be fine....

i'm looking forward to checking it out

break a leg dude!!!

I'm on again, streaming live on the Web at www.pyx106.com.

No Rush on the playlist tonight, but there's some cool songs anyway. And some garbage... I have to play George Thorogood again! Yuck! (Oh well, check me out if you're of the mind.)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2006, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 18 2006, 08:18 AM)
Careful Goob,
After 1 day of your strange music, they will force you to play Celine Dion and Air Supply non-stop until Clay Aiken and William Hung show up in dresses and do a duet of "She Bangs" !!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Somehow, I doubt it. no.gif

No, this station is very open-minded, community based and non-commercial. I think if someone played Air Supply and Celine Dion they'd be politely asked to leave. tongue.gif

Actually, Goob, there's a city ordinance against those particular artists. One can only listen to them on headphones.

Looking forward to your first show today! common001.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 28 2006, 10:18 AM)
Sweet Goob, regarding the time & setlist. I'll try & tune in tonight, I'll be at my Aunt's house, hopefully I can get on 1 of the 2 computers there.

Good Luck Gary. smile.gif trink39.gif

ohmy.gif

Dude, please do! You're practically my biggest fan! tongue.gif

You might want to try the link in advance to make sure you can get in...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 28 2006, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 28 2006, 10:18 AM)
Sweet Goob, regarding the time & setlist. I'll try & tune in tonight, I'll be at my Aunt's house, hopefully I can get on 1 of the 2 computers there.

Good Luck Gary. smile.gif trink39.gif

ohmy.gif

Dude, please do! You're practically my biggest fan! tongue.gif

You might want to try the link in advance to make sure you can get in...

Aw I thought I was your biggest fan, Gary. unsure.gif

Edited by Ru5h F@n

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Dec 28 2006, 04:28 PM)
I'm listening, but all i hear is Rap unsure.gif

I'm i in the right place?

honey...

for US...it won't start until 7 pm....

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2006, 01:43 AM)
1 hour and 15 minutes from now! ohmy.gif

Shit, I thought you started 45 minutes ago. I even tried to listen, but it streams for about 10 seconds and then stops.

QUOTE (Riv @ Dec 28 2006, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 29 2006, 01:43 AM)
1 hour and 15 minutes from now!  ohmy.gif

Shit, I thought you started 45 minutes ago. I even tried to listen, but it streams for about 10 seconds and then stops.

4pm PST, 7pm PST, Midnight UK, and God knows when in Israel. You'll have to do the math on that one. tongue.gif

In terms of an audio stream that keeps stopping, I don't know what to tell you there. It's working fine on my computer...