Goober Radio!

rushgoober

QUOTE (Rush! @ Sep 22 2011, 04:35 PM)
The more I think about The Interdimensional Vortex the more I feel like it went away too quickly; the show didn't last enough.

However Gary started the show in 2006 (for those of you who don't know).
2006-2011 is a pretty damn good run if I say so myself.

Will always remember the many laughs and great songs / music you've introduced us (and me personally) to over the years Gary.
applaudit.gif

trink39.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

A little while back I announced I'd be adding a whole lot more shows to the archives. That's done, so as far as I now know, all my old radio shows that can be accessed are up, and they can be accessed here:

LINKS TO GOOBER'S RADIO SHOWS!

They're all in chronological order from the most recent to the oldest. There are 146 shows listed. I probably did over 200 shows, but many from the first year are lost in the mists of time (recorded, but unable to be accessed). Also, certain shows from 2007-2011 got lost for some reason, mostly due to faulty recordings or other technical problems, but at least a good almost 300 hours of music remains!

Also, if you go to my facebook page for my show, you can also view links to individual shows, as well as set lists for the shows:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/325578419960/

I sincerely hope people enjoy the archives of the past shows and all the work I put into them. I'm glad to finally get them all up and available!

Peace & Love,

Gary

AKA:

Goober

The Space Dork

Trippy Longstocking

Sargent Strangeitude

The Travel Agent

The Mayor of Epico City

Gorgon the Hybrid

Lord Lava Lamp

Dr. Progmeister

The Cosmic Psychonaut

Joben

... even though we haven't always seen eye to eye ... thanks Sarge! ... your shows were fantabulouus and I will miss them and the chat peeps ... it was a great space in time, or time in space and i'll catch you on the flip side!

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Oct 21 2011, 09:48 PM)
... even though we haven't always seen eye to eye ... thanks Sarge! ... your shows were fantabulouus and I will miss them and the chat peeps ... it was a great space in time, or time in space and i'll catch you on the flip side!

awww greg, any quibbles we had were very minor as far as i'm concerned. you'll always be considered a great friend, and i sincerely appreciate all your listening and hanging out during my show! trink39.gif

Figures, I'm always the last to know. I've seen the thread title come up before, but for some reason didn't click in. Now I'm listening to the last show, and I regret not finding out about this earlier.

Side note - I'm insanely jealous of people that get radio gigs because as a podcaster, I'm severely limited in what music I'm allowed to play (I'm not about to pay outrageous amounts of money to ASCAP or whatever for licenses). I'd totally do a music show if I could, but I'm limited to talk... not that I don't like the format, I do five shows now laugh.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 21 2011, 10:04 PM)
Figures, I'm always the last to know. I've seen the thread title come up before, but for some reason didn't click in. Now I'm listening to the last show, and I regret not finding out about this earlier.

Side note - I'm insanely jealous of people that get radio gigs because as a podcaster, I'm severely limited in what music I'm allowed to play (I'm not about to pay outrageous amounts of money to ASCAP or whatever for licenses). I'd totally do a music show if I could, but I'm limited to talk... not that I don't like the format, I do five shows now laugh.gif

Yeah, I was really lucky. Some towns do have community or college or public radio stations that have spaces for DJ's. It can just be luck or circumstances. I wanted to do a show ever since I guest co-DJ'ed with a friend at a college radio station years before. I was lucky enough to move less than a mile from a community radio station where I was able to do a weekly 2-hour show for years. I didn't get paid for it or anything, but that's obviously not why I did it.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying that last show of mine - that was a theme show and not necessarily typical of my shows, but feel free to listen to any of the archives. Hope you enjoy!

Peace,

Gary

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 25 2012, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 25 2012, 08:30 AM)
Was there a favorite show of yours that you did?

I did a few theme shows, but favorite what?

Like, out of all the shows or episodes you did on your radio program, did you have a favorite night/broadcast... one that particularly sticks out as ... "Damn, That was the best show I've ever done"?

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 25 2012, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 25 2012, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 25 2012, 08:30 AM)
Was there a favorite show of yours that you did?

I did a few theme shows, but favorite what?

Like, out of all the shows or episodes you did on your radio program, did you have a favorite night/broadcast... one that particularly sticks out as ... "Damn, That was the best show I've ever done"?

Well, I did call my LAST show my best show ever, though it was a very personal theme as opposed to simply "my favorite songs of all time" or "my favorite songs from a certain genre of all time."

That show was the "Songs I Want Played At My Funeral," which was a 3-hour show, and which contained songs that I thought said something about me, or life, or about the universe in some way.

That show is HERE. (FYI, the recording starts about 2 minutes into the first song.)

All my archives shows in general can be found HERE.