Uncoverable songs?

Slime

IMO, nothing is sacred, nor should it be.

Sometimes, a cover can bring out the essence of a song better than the original version, Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah being the obvious example.

Earlier this year, I discovered Rondellus's version of Black Sabbath's War Pigs sung in latin and I was bowled over.

Even 'humourous' covers by artists like Hayseed Dixie, Richard Cheese et al. can be wonderful.

If we become too precious about our music, we run the risk of taking away its room to breathe and grow.

Now, I agree that boybands covering 70s classics are an abomination that merit cruel and unusual punishment, but I stick by my point - If a song is so precious that covering it somehow damages it, then maybe it's not as good as we think!!!!.

King crimson-21st century schizoid man

lots of bands cover this songs.. and they just ruin it completely.... same thing with Epitaph that i think it's a sin to cover because this song is sacred for me notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

another song is Child in time by DP.. no other singer can scream like Ian gillan 1022.gif

QUOTE (Larks @ Nov 8 2006, 09:08 PM)
no other singer can scream like Ian gillan 1022.gif

Oh I don't know about that...

All it takes is the correct nipple clamps and strategically placed electrodes wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Larks @ Nov 8 2006, 03:08 PM)
King crimson-21st century schizoid man

lots of bands cover this songs.. and they just ruin it completely.... same thing with Epitaph that i think it's a sin to cover because this song is sacred for me notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

another song is Child in time by DP.. no other singer can scream like Ian gillan 1022.gif

Not even April Wine's version?

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Nov 8 2006, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Nov 8 2006, 09:23 AM)
Dream Theater should stop covering rush tunes, they mess them up so bad.

They should just stop covers for awhile.

What on earth would they have left to play then?

Archived