You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 6 2010, 05:26 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 5 2010, 05:31 AM)
When you can't watch a senior kid's drama without laughing because one of the characters says "Going Somewhere??" laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

Did they use an accent? laugh.gif

They do now because I showed them WHY I was laughing... they were in hysterics

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 5 2010, 09:59 PM)
How can you hate Countdown? ohmy.gif It alone beats any of the songs off of Moving Pictures, save Vital Signs

Im not sure about that.... but it IS pretty good.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Oct 12 2010, 04:31 AM)
You know you are a Rush fan when you want to fly into the Toronto Airport simply because it IS YYZ.

Or when half the reason you're excited about going to England with your school drama group over spring break is because you will get a luggage tag en route that says YYZ. laugh.gif Guilty. scared.gif

Edited by proudlyrushian

653.gif you don't mind having the tunes playing over and over in your head

I have had Time Machine On The Brain going full throttle since Sep 23rd and I think if I wasn't hearing at least one of their songs playing in my head, I'd go into some kind of withdrawal.

Who needs an IPod?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Freewill in a church's name, now that is just too funny considering the lyrics of the song! And aakira, I know the feeling, Sept. 2nd was my first show and I want nothing more than to relive it over and over! Edited by 1 of the 7

You know you ARE a Rush fan when:

You are on the road driving and Limelight starts playing on the radio. You crank the volume up, start singing at the top of your lungs, and air guitar whenever possible as well as air drumming the drum parts. When you reach your destination and Limelight is not over, you stay in your car singing, air guitaring, and air drumming till the song is over, not caring one bit about what onlookers may think.

Yup, I did that two days ago smile.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when you are focusing on a task, think you hear someone say something about Rush or Geddy Lee and say: "Where?!" drool1.gif

That has happened to me a few times. blush4.gif

At one point my phone had exactly 2112 minutes. I was like, "Yeah! Rush phone!" My fandom shined through. tongue.gif

And yet another time, during the Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary, Neil was speaking about his journey as the Ghost Rider. He said, "...and with Carrie's [his wife's] help," and I gasped. That's my real name, just with a different spelling. I'm so much of a Rushian that I think, for a split second, that Neil is talking about me. ohmy.gif

I wish. laugh.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 7 2010, 02:31 PM)
... you're already planning the Clockwork Angels US tour road trip with your Sister-In-Lust laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You know it, baby!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Hehe, my name IS spelled Carrie...and I capitalize on references to the horror book/movie cool.gif It IS funny to see it come up in reference to Neil's wife!

I often go out to my car and listen to Rush on my lunch break, and every once in a while I get so absorbed that I don't notice the person walking by on the sidewalk staring until it's too late. I have to just smirk and keep on...

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (Party Poison @ Nov 10 2010, 12:09 AM)
If you're the singer in a band, you use your nose to move the microphone rather than your hands or anything else.

Does he do that on the GUP dvd?

Youtube link please biggrin.gif

I live in Toronto so anytime I go flying I get YYZ on the bags biggrin.gif.

You know you're a Rush fan when you sit around trying to learn how to play the melodies --

on an Alto Saxophone.

(That's what happens when you don't know how to play guitar or bass.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 10 2010, 07:09 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you sit around trying to learn how to play the melodies --
on an Alto Saxophone.

(That's what happens when you don't know how to play guitar or bass.)

Haha, nice! I was actually jamming to YYZ today on alto sax. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif