You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Nov 10 2010, 06:42 PM)
Haha, nice! I was actually jamming to YYZ today on alto sax. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Oh wow, very cool! Yeah, love my Sax~ I've had it now six years. I love improv, too; swing and latin are my favourite jazz styles but I've brought more classical pieces to contests and stuff.

I keep telling my band teacher we should get a Rush piece or two for pep band.. I know they had arrangements back in the day!

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 1 2006, 05:16 PM)
You know your a rush fan when:
1. A rush song comes on and your air bassing, drumming or gutiaring to it
2. When Red Sector A comes on your the only one who knows what it means
3. You around in your rush shirt and people ask you who are rush?
4. (For The girls) You dream about how good looking the members are.
5. (Guys) Your the only one who knows just what rush song to play when the girl your trying to hit on wants to hear rush unsure.gif

I know what Red Secter A is about!

It's about Geddy's jewish parents in WWII. About them in concetration camps.

You know you're a Rush fan when...

you start FREAKING OUT when "Tom Sawyer" starts playing in the background during a scene of your favourite TV show, Fringe.

4. (For The girls) You dream about how good looking the members are.
5. (Guys) Your the only one who knows just what rush song to play when the girl your trying to hit on wants to hear rush unsure.gif

The former: .. ;D /guilty

The latter: Would you please educate the guys at my school? If one of my crushes started playing/singing/whatever "Entre Nous" or really any Rush song, I'd probably be in his arms in a matter or moments. <3

When the car in front of you has a tag ending in YYN, and you are thinking "hey, if you flip the N sideways, you have YYZ!" biggrin.gif

And I do know what Red Sector A is all about- and that is one of the reasons why I like that song.

I do all 3 parts to Rush songs upon hearing them.

Haven't gotten a Rush T-shirt, but I was asked who Rush was when I said I was going to see them on my birthday weekend.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Nov 19 2010, 09:41 AM)
When you see a street called "Pratt Lane" and you squee.

When you want a digital 24-hour clock so that it can say 21:12.

OK, so I do want a 24-hour clock everywhere for many unrelated reasons anyway. But still cool.

I was doing this before I loved Rush to death.

But then I realized that at 9:12 PM every night, I could feel awesome. |D

You know you're a Rush fan when your story (based on "2112") starts with this date:

December 21, 2112 ...

12/21/2112

But written another way it's "21/12/2112"!

And I swear, I SWEAR, when I wrote down that date at the top of the page I was totally just thinking "it needs to start in December, near the end of the year. How about the 21st?"

You know you're a Rush fan when you know exactly which song is playing after only hearing a few seconds of it. laugh.gif

That happened to me back in July when my mum and I were on our weekly shopping trip. The new single "Caravan" suddenly was playing on the radio and I knew what it was instantly. I yelled out, "Turn it up! It's Rush!" My mum didn't believe me at first, since she had never heard the new Rush songs from their upcoming album. I then explained the Time Machine Tour and the new album. Funny thing is, I also happened to be wearing a Time Machine Tour shirt that very day. cool.gif

Crazy how things turn out. It's like they know... ohmy.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when you wake up and realize:

1. You fell asleep to Geddy's voice because you were playing Rush songs to get to sleep (sleep timer for the win).

2. There's a half-finished sketch of Alex Lifeson lying next to you.

3. Your button-magnet-necklace has Neil Peart's button on it, still around your neck.

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 20 2010, 12:11 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when your story (based on "2112") starts with this date:

December 21, 2112 ...
12/21/2112

But written another way it's "21/12/2112"!

And I swear, I SWEAR, when I wrote down that date at the top of the page I was totally just thinking "it needs to start in December, near the end of the year. How about the 21st?"

Yep - you nailed that one... cool.gif

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Nov 22 2010, 08:34 PM)
When you start singing the chorus of "In the Mood" at 7:45pm

I heard 'In the Mood' and 'Nobody's Hero' on the radio for the first time yesterday.

Thank you, Sirius/XM, for playing real classic rock. It puts to shame the half-dozen alledged classic rock FM stations heard in this radio market.

You know you're a Rush fan when you occasionally update your Facebook status with Rush lyrics and the same 10 or so people click the 'Like' link each time. That's followed by someone clueless responding to the status, asking me if I'm on drugs.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Nov 7 2010, 12:42 PM)
At one point my phone had exactly 2112 minutes. I was like, "Yeah! Rush phone!" My fandom shined through. tongue.gif

I did this too, but it was when my Pokewalker had exactly 2112 watts (currency units that you use to catch Pokemon). I then took a pic with my phone.

Every time I 'pass through revolving doors'... I just get Distant Early Warning stuck in my head!

QUOTE (teababe27 @ Nov 24 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Aug 17 2010, 03:19 PM)
when you refuse to date or marry anyone that doesn't love rush

Semi-guilty.

Or, you can always brainwash 'em into loving Rush. My BF is undergoing said treatment currently and responding well cool.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (teababe27 @ Nov 24 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Aug 17 2010, 03:19 PM)
when you refuse to date or marry anyone that doesn't love rush

Semi-guilty.

Or, you can always brainwash 'em into loving Rush. My BF is undergoing said treatment currently and responding well cool.gif

That's why I only said I was semi-guilty. Because I can convert him to Rush later on.