Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

One full listen in.

I can't form a rationale opinion without digging into the lyrics and slipping on my headphones and giving it a true un-interrupted spin front to back.

But I will say this after one full listen.......

Nothing, absolutely nothing stood out to me as a "wow" song. Absolutely nothing.

That has never happened on any album of theirs before.

Color me concerned. And if after giving it a full listen again, with my headphones and some organic refreshments I still feel this way, my ultra limited edition box set is going on EBAY when I receive the entire package.

I was very hyped up for this release. And my initial listen was highly under whelming. I am kinda shocked about it right now. Because even though I know their stuff always takes time for me to digest, I always have one to 2 tunes on that first listen that I am pumping my head and rocking out and saying " yeah that is a kick ass song".

Time will tell. But it's not promising. It is sounding like a massive flop to my ears after one listen.

Massive.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 4

I'm on track 07 and so far I agree with Todem.

What did he say?

Nothing stands out. Way too bland.

I thought I was gonna be the lone naysayer...

Did Myung leave the band and didn't tell anyone?

I wondered this HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If he did, wise move!

• Like 1

This next tune (Lord Nafaryus) doesn't seem to fit coming after the previous one. It's like something from Jesus Christ Superstar with a bit of Queen thrown in. Again I like the guitar riff that starts around 1 minute in.

Aside from burying the bass, I agree: good production. Petrucci's guitar is Cristo, and the drums have mildly improved from the previous album.

Track 10/34 is done. I'm picking up my daughter in school now, and will resume my listen later on the treadmill.

Aside from burying the bass, I agree: good production. Petrucci's guitar is Cristo, and the drums have mildly improved from the previous album.

Track 10/34 is done. I'm picking up my daughter in school now, and will resume my listen later on the treadmill.

Which trainers are you going to use?