Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I love this recored. One take.

So Rushhead Haters "Take On Me."

Signed,

AHA

I FREAKIN' LOVE AHA! ONE OF THE GREATEST POP BANDS IN HISTORY!!

And this album is pretty nifty...I made the mistake of playing the whole damn thing in one sitting (not a good idea for me...).

Why are you guys actually buying this new album? You do realize that the artist gets ZERO profit from the money you are spending on their product. Not a single penny! Just grab it off the interweb for free. They only make money on touring profits. bands and artists have never ever made money on album sales. In fact they have been put into deep debt for recording albums. Stop buying music cause it just goes to the executives at the label of the artists choice.

Why are you guys actually buying this new album? You do realize that the artist gets ZERO profit from the money you are spending on their product. Not a single penny! Just grab it off the interweb for free. They only make money on touring profits. bands and artists have never ever made money on album sales. In fact they have been put into deep debt for recording albums. Stop buying music cause it just goes to the executives at the label of the artists choice.

Well i have the leak but i bought the album.......force of habit since Scenes, lol

Mick

I want the product.

It's why a hug is better than a photograph.

• Like 3

A lot of that might be true, but without record sales, a band like Dream Theater would not get enough support to tour like they do, so they do benefit from record sales. If they stopped selling records because we all started stealing it, Roadrunner would drop them in a heartbeat, and touring wouldn't be as easy.

Anyway, really good album so far. Still a lot of listens to go...

Edited by The K Man
  • Like 5

There are still a number of bands I buy the actual albums from. Dream Theater being one of them. They're one of the bands that I've been into for over 20 years. I already had all their albums before the whole download thing became the standard. So I like to keep the discography current by still adding the new releases to it.

• Like 4

Is this a serious post?

You know what? Let's just stop buying anything. Oh, you want to use a computer? Break into someone's house and use theirs. Don't give your money to big, corporate computer companies! You want to eat? Go steal someone's bags in the grocery store parking lot.

Come on.

• Like 6

lol are you serious?

• Like 3

Is this a serious post?

You know what? Let's just stop buying anything. Oh, you want to use a computer? Break into someone's house and use theirs. Don't give your money to big, corporate computer companies! You want to eat? Go steal someone's bags in the grocery store parking lot.

Come on.

Thank you. Seriously.

• Like 1

Astonishingly bad.

Portnoy must be laughing his arse off.

I'm hoping they make amends and get to at least talk to each other again some time. But don't think he's ever coming back to the band.

Which is sad as there was imo amazing musical synergy between mp and jp.

I have not bought a dt or mp related band disc since mp left dt....

How times have changed!

I've very surprised by how little I like this release, given how good their self titled album was. I considered Dream Theater easily their best album since Scenes From a Memory and probably their third best overall behind only Scenes and Images and Words.

I've very surprised by how little I like this release, given how good their self titled album was. I considered Dream Theater easily their best album since Scenes From a Memory and probably their third best overall behind only Scenes and Images and Words.

It gets better!

I rank it eleventh ATM. Even though I don't think it's bad...I don't think it's a shining moment. I like it for what it is!

Some of disc one comes close to living up to the title.

Got to listen to a little more yesterday, not much this weekend...with family, and not many are into prog metal....

Still not thrilled with it...sounds like formulaic DT, lots of notes, and epic sounding stuff from Rudess... Which pretty much puts me at a "why I don't like Rudess so much" head... I think that other than when he plays piano..it s kinda of tough to discern his playing other than the orchestral motifs all over the piece...I miss the old days when keys sounded like keys, and besides a few occasional spots, everything I've heard is "grandiose", not chops laden...and again...don't get me wrong, the man can play...but I don't like his playing in this band...

If I get a road trip or weekend by myself, I'll give it a better critical listen, and see if anything strikes me.

• Like 1

Why does this band gets so much attention from people who don't seem to like them?

Because they used to be impeccable, and there's always hope they'll return to that mode eventually. The self titled album was awesome, and I had high hopes for their next effort. I haven't heard it yet, and will do so with an open mind - nobody gives up on a band they've been a fan of for 20 years so fast - but what I've heard so far is not exactly promising.

• Like 2