Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Really digging the new album! My favs so far are probably On The Backs of Angels, Breaking All Illusions, Build Me Up, Break Me Down, Outcry...and although a slow ballad, Beneath The Surface is a nice closer to the album, imo.

So far, it's all good 1022.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 3 2011, 09:57 AM)
After a few more listens I'm liking the first 2 songs as well , but too many ballads here really drag it down for me schla03.gif .

I think the last album BC&SL is far better.

Too many ballads? I only recall two

can't say I understand the people who complain about the ballads....This Is the Life isn't really balladic from beginning to end, and Far From Heaven is more like an interlude than a song (think in the vein of Wait for Sleep or Vacant). As for Beneath the Surface, I think it's a fantastic song, and a great way to close the album after the total craze of Breaking All Illusions.

QUOTE (shail @ Sep 4 2011, 12:13 PM)
the album hasn't even come out yet. how do you guys have a copy already?

It leaked online. Someone must have had a promo copy and uploaded it to mediafire/megaupload. I only download leaks when I know that I am going to buy the album when it comes out.

nope not new to the internet. didn't think people would post they have the album already cause they are file sharing. album is all over the torrent sites, rapidshare and the like. i'm sure most will buy the album once it comes out. it's nice to sample it before hand.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 3 2011, 09:06 PM)
can't say I understand the people who complain about the ballads....This Is the Life isn't really balladic from beginning to end, and Far From Heaven is more like an interlude than a song (think in the vein of Wait for Sleep or Vacant). As for Beneath the Surface, I think it's a fantastic song, and a great way to close the album after the total craze of Breaking All Illusions.

well good for you . wink.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 4 2011, 06:36 PM)
I think "A Dramatic Turd Of Offence" is similar to their previous effort. It's like a good dump, strangely satisfying but ultimately all you are left with is a giant turd.

And if it lodges in the U-bend you better make with hot water and bleach...

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 4 2011, 07:36 PM)
I think "A Dramatic Turd Of Offence" is similar to their previous effort. It's like a good dump, strangely satisfying but ultimately all you are left with is a giant turd.

Tony, I get that you love to be hated but what the f**k? Do you have to be like this all the time? The new Dream Theater will be light years better then Rush's last album which by the way was a complete piece of shit. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 5 2011, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 4 2011, 07:36 PM)

Tony, I get that you love to be hated but what the f**k? Do you have to be like this all the time? The new Dream Theater will be light years better then Rush's last album which by the way was a complete piece of shit. yes.gif

So let's get this straight, it's ok to say Rush's last album is shit but not make a similar comment about DT? On a Rush forum no less.

Comparing Rush's last and DT's latest is like trying to decide which type of shit stinks the most. Or the least.

Tony, you still don't have to come in here for the sake of Trolling... and that's exactly what you are doing.... You don't like DT, we all get that, then stay the f**k out of the thread...

I hate the Police (the band), but I am not going to go into a Police thread and say how much I think they suck....

Well if describing the album as "strangely satisfying" is your idea of me trolling then you need to get out more. I've heard the album several times now and it's not bad, it's just not very good either. Too much widdly widdly, corn and cheese.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 4 2011, 08:18 PM)
Well if describing the album as "strangely satisfying" is your idea of me trolling then you need to get out more. I've heard the album several times now and it's not bad, it's just not very good either. Too much widdly widdly, corn and cheese.

Too much distortion pedal for our dad too!

tongue.gif laugh.gif

1022.gif

Fair point.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 4 2011, 10:35 PM)

Fair point.

Its an opinion. Nothing more. I think the new album IS awesome. If you don't like DT, your opinion is obsolete IMO. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif