It's a long way to the top...

...if you wanna rock n roll

"This week, AC/DC returns to No. 1 on Billboard’s Hard Rock Digital Song Sales chart. "

:ROCK:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goose said:

"This week, AC/DC returns to No. 1 on Billboard’s Hard Rock Digital Song Sales chart. "

Digital sales? That's nice. How many 8-tracks did they sell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"AC/DC Sold 1.5 Million Tickets In One Day For Upcoming European Tour: 'It's Staggering"

Meh.  Overrated.  They've made the same album over and over.

:tongue:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

"AC/DC Sold 1.5 Million Tickets In One Day For Upcoming European Tour: 'It's Staggering"

Meh.  Overrated.  They've made the same album over and over.

:tongue:

actually they made two albums when you think about it.

1 with Bon Scott

1 With Brian Johnson

:laugh::tongue:

Mick

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

1 with Bon Scott

1 With Brian Johnson

Mick

To be fair, the Scott albums evolved sonically, for certain.   The Johnson era, though, was pretty redundant after Flick of the Switch.  The one-two album punch of Black Ice and Rock or Bust alone yielded eight songs with the work "rock" in the title :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goose said:

To be fair, the Scott albums evolved sonically, for certain.   The Johnson era, though, was pretty redundant after Flick of the Switch.  The one-two album punch of Black Ice and Rock or Bust alone yielded eight songs with the work "rock" in the title :biggrin:

true.  I think every bon album is a 10/10....like not joking.

they're the only band that gets that from me.

I LOVE bon AC/DC.

Mick

• Like 3

5 hours ago, goose said:

There is only one reaction to this...  :moon:

• Like 1

It’s interesting how I went from playing their albums non-stop (40 years ago) to wincing every time one of their songs is played on the radio.  

This old curmudgeon now sees them as “for kids”…. :laugh:

• Haha 1

We're watching That 70's Show for the first time. Last night, an episode that takes place in January 1977 had Hyde (played by federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison Danny Masterson) wearing an AC/DC t-shirt. Wouldn't it have been a little early for that band to have much reputation in the United States? In the middle of Wisconsin?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, goose said:

Not even Anthony Kiedis is that obsessed about California. :laugh:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

We're watching That 70's Show for the first time. Last night, an episode that takes place in January 1977 had Hyde (played by federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison Danny Masterson) wearing an AC/DC t-shirt. Wouldn't it have been a little early for that band to have much reputation in the United States? In the middle of Wisconsin?

Yep.  1977 was ACDC's first tour of the USA and it was as an opening act. 

For kicks I was checking out ACDC shows in Europe this summer.  First, I was shocked that the band is playing eleven shows in Germany alone.  The other thing was the resale market prices.  Wembley is posted at $430 pounds.  For an ACDC show? :ninja:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goose said:

For kicks I was checking out ACDC shows in Europe this summer.  First, I was shocked that the band is playing eleven shows in Germany alone.  The other thing was the resale market prices.  Wembley is posted at $430 pounds.  For an ACDC show? :ninja:

People perhaps believing it to be the last chance...

On 3/29/2024 at 12:06 AM, bluefox4000 said:

1 with Bon Scott

1 With Brian Johnson

Mick

I was really hoping for the 3rd album with Axl.  He did bring a new vibe to the band when he was subbing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goose said:

That's actually an interesting idea.  Ireland is too close to "return to college" time around here, but Wembley?

• Haha 1