Beyonce #1 single on the country charts

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Crossover success?  Must be the straight blonde hair.

He's just trying to be edgy, but he's being dumb.

I haven't heard the song (or maybe I have, we play a country music station for our dogs when we're not home, and maybe it was on and I just didn't know it before I turned the radio off.)

Iif Beyonce wants a bite at that apple and fan base, and she can pull it off, great.  If she puts out a real country song that isn't mocking the genre (which she is fully capable of doing) there's no reason people won't enjoy it.

Mithrandir just thinks everyone in the south is a red state redneck racist who's tearing their hair out that a black woman would dare even attempt such a heresy.  And in so doing, he exposes his own bigotry and racism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

He's just trying to be edgy, but he's being dumb.

I haven't heard the song (or maybe I have, we play a country music station for our dogs when we're not home, and maybe it was on and I just didn't know it before I turned the radio off.)

Iif Beyonce wants a bite at that apple and fan base, and she can pull it off, great.  If she puts out a real country song that isn't mocking the genre (which she is fully capable of doing) there's no reason people won't enjoy it.

Mithrandir just thinks everyone in the south is a red state redneck racist who's tearing their hair out that a black woman would dare even attempt such a heresy.  And in so doing, he exposes his own bigotry and racism.

Huh? Bigotry towards whom?

Did i say everyone in the south?  I specifically said, "dem good ol boys".  And if you don't think there's a large number of Country music enthusiasts getting bent over this, you have your head in the sand.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Huh? Bigotry towards whom?

Did i say everyone in the south?  I specifically said, "dem good ol boys".  And if you don't think there's a large number of Country music enthusiasts getting bent over this, you have your head in the sand.

You're (rightly) catching shit because instead of starting a thread simply celebrating Beyonce's accomplishment, you saw it as an opportunity to do a little race-baiting. Totally immature and unnecessary, but on-brand for you

Oh and, Darius Rucker has been a popular mainstream country star for years now after crossing over from pop music, and country fans aren't getting bent about it.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

You're (rightly) catching shit because instead of starting a thread simply celebrating Beyonce's accomplishment, you saw it as an opportunity to do a little race-baiting. Totally immature and unnecessary, but on-brand for you

Oh and, Darius Rucker has been a popular mainstream country star for years now after crossing over from pop music, and country fans aren't getting bent about it.

Of course I race-baited it for this crowd.  Darius isn't a woman.  Las I checked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

3 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

Of course I race-baited it for this crowd.  Darius isn't a woman.  Las I checked.

This crowd? How would you describe this crowd?

• Like 1

16 Carriages is much more of a snooze fest. I've listened Texas Hold 'Em clean and explicit and it gets better, it's got some Taylor parts. A couple of different producer choices I'd find Texas a better track, not bad.

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

This crowd? How would you describe this crowd?

Smarter than he anticipated?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

inglorious-basrterds-bingo.gif

It's a fun gif, it is! But -- as a neutral -- there's something just a scooch off about using a (pretend) Nazi in a rebuttal to an implicit "racist ideologies" argument. I can't decide if it's genius trolling, a little too on the nose, or saying the quiet part out loud . . . 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

They had no problem with that butt rock douche from Staind going from nu metal to this.  I wonder what could be the difference.  Not a fan of either one but these snowflakes need to get a life with their Beyonce/Taylor derangement syndrome.

I never hear the right complaining about Swift and Beyoncé, but my news feeds are filled with the left complaining about the complaints.  I’m sure that there are some out there who are complaining about this, but it seems to me that if you want to find nuts, wherever you might want to find them, you’ll find some.  

8 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I never hear the right complaining about Swift . . .

Really?

Fox’s Jesse Watters aired a video that, he claimed, shows that “the Pentagon psychological-operations unit floated turning Taylor Swift into an asset.” The person speaking in the video was not in fact from the Pentagon [. . .] but Watters still seemed to think it might explain “why or how she blew up like this.” 

Or

Vivek Ramaswamy, until recently a presidential candidate himself, posted on X, “I wonder who’s going to win the Super Bowl next month. And I wonder if there’s a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall. Just some wild speculation over here, let’s see how it ages over the next 8 months.”

True, maybe believing any of that stuff is nuts . . .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Really?

Yes, really.  As I said, I’m sure they’re out there.  So, did you get those from articles promoting the views you quoted, or disagreeing with them?

39 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I never hear the right complaining about Swift and Beyoncé, but my news feeds are filled with the left complaining about the complaints.  I’m sure that there are some out there who are complaining about this, but it seems to me that if you want to find nuts, wherever you might want to find them, you’ll find some.  

um......my mother consumes FOX regularly.  and all they yammer on about is swift.  and these are older white shits so it's kinda creepy.

I don't like talking about this stuff but i had to say this.  Can't let this pass with Swift.  the right is fixated on her.  and the left is fixated on the fixation.  alsoi it's all my right leaning younger cousin can talk about, lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

inglorious-basrterds-bingo.gif

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

It's a fun gif, it is! But -- as a neutral -- there's something just a scooch off about using a (pretend) Nazi in a rebuttal to an implicit "racist ideologies" argument. I can't decide if it's genius trolling, a little too on the nose, or saying the quiet part out loud . . . 

I was going to respond with "Bingo!" but decided to go with a gif version. Christoph Waltz was brilliant in that movie and his delivery of the above line was funny. Nothing beyond that went into choosing that image.

I didn't even think of the  Nazi angle in the context of this thread. I wish I could claim it was "genius trolling," but nothing so clever, I'm afraid. Besides, you don't need a high level of cleverness when responding to Mith's childish race-baiting. :smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

um......my mother consumes FOX regularly.  and all they yammer on about is swift.  and these are older white shits so it's kinda creepy.

I don't like talking about this stuff but i had to say this.  Can't let this pass with Swift.  the right is fixated on her.  and the left is fixated on the fixation.

Mick

I don’t watch Fox News, but Fox is in my news feed, and I’ve never seen an article criticizing Swift.  However, I have seen conservatives like the National Review, Shapiro, Prager, and Klavan express support for her.  As I said, I’m sure there are nuts out there, but the overwhelming focus seems to be on the complaining about the small amount of complaining.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I don’t watch Fox News, but Fox is in my news feed, and I’ve never seen an article criticizing Swift.  However, I have seen conservatives like the National Review, Shapiro, Prager, and Klavan express support for her.  As I said, I’m sure there are nuts out there, but the overwhelming focus seems to be on the complaining about the small amount of complaining.  

hey i'm just saying what i see.  I think both sides in the US are ridiculous so.....lol.

it's all a circus to me.

Mick

• Like 2