Van Hagar Tour!

JohnRogers

Sammy, Michael, Joe and Jason bringing the good stuff to the people! 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/11/14/sammy-hagar-tour-2024/71579693007/

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Isn't this basically the band Sammy's been touring with for a few years, with Satriani in place of Vic Johnson?  Or Chickenfoot with Jason Bonham in for Chad Smith?

Eddie Van Halen is gone.  Alex Van Halen obviously doesn't want to go on without his brother.   Why doesn't Sammy just say he's doing another tour?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Isn't this basically the band Sammy's been touring with for a few years, with Satriani in place of Vic Johnson?  Or Chickenfoot with Jason Bonham in for Chad Smith?

Eddie Van Halen is gone.  Alex Van Halen obviously doesn't want to go on without his brother.   Why doesn't Sammy just say he's doing another tour?

Based on the way it's being advertised I'd say the set will be leaning harder into the Van Hagar albums and less into his solo stuff, Montrose, or whatever else he plays these days.

Like, maybe they pull out stuff from Balance or F.U.C.K. that hadn't been played since the booze apocalypse in 2004

Time will tell if that's true though, or if he's just gonna keep playing the same half a dozen songs from Van Hagar mixed in with his solo hits

Edited by The Analog Cub

7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Look at this image, some subpar Van Roth era will be covered!

http://www.redrocker.com/splash-assets/SH_2024_TOUR_square-web.jpg

So basically the same setlist he's been doing.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Van Hagar and Sammy's solo stuff and Chickenfoot.  But c'mon, man.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Look at this image, some subpar Van Roth era will be covered!

http://www.redrocker.com/splash-assets/SH_2024_TOUR_square-web.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

So basically the same setlist he's been doing.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Van Hagar and Sammy's solo stuff and Chickenfoot.  But c'mon, man.  

He doing some Van Roth stuff, does he have to do Yankee Rose to satisfy you?

49 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

He doing some Van Roth stuff, does he have to do Yankee Rose to satisfy you?

No, Jackie, that's not it.  To satisfy me he just has to say, "I'm going to go out on tour again summer 2024.  I've got Joe Satriani, who played with me in Chickenfoot, in the band this year.  We're gonna be doing stuff from my whole career."  Or words to that effect.   Don't give me that "Van Halen tribute tour," bullsh*t.  And take down that f*cking VH ripoff logo while you're at it.

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

No, Jackie, that's not it.  To satisfy me he just has to say, "I'm going to go out on tour again summer 2024.  I've got Joe Satriani, who played with me in Chickenfoot, in the band this year.  We're gonna be doing stuff from my whole career."  Or words to that effect.   Don't give me that "Van Halen tribute tour," bullsh*t.  And take down that f*cking VH ripoff logo while you're at it.

LOL...I'm sure he had that cleared by the lawyers.

4 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Isn't that what he's doing?  :unsure:

He's not calling it a Van Halen tour, just letting people know he'll be playing them.  

Spoiler

Songs included in the Setlist, according to the posted article:

Songs Hagar recorded with Van Halen: 5150, When It's Love, Best of Both Worlds, Finish What Ya Started, Poundcake, Humans Being, Right Now, Good Enough, Eagles Fly [not a VH song]

Van Halen songs recorded with Roth: Panama, Running' With the Devil, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Hagar solo songs: Your Love is Driving Me Crazy, Heavy Metal, Little White Lie, One Way to Rock, Mas Tequila,

Hagar songs from his days with Montrose: Rock Candy

Chickenfoot songs: Oh Yeah

1 hour ago, Turbine Freight said:

I'll be (hopefully) going. I dig Sammy, but truth be told I love Michael Anthony. I'd pay to see him tune up.

He's kind of like the Geezer Butler of Van Halen but with vocals and bass instead of lyrics and bass.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Don't get me wrong, this lineup will be fun, especially with Satriani and Bohnam, but it's amazing how, even after Eddie's death, the Sammy/Michael camp can't get it together with the Alex/Wolfgang camp and do a proper tribute tour.

Might be too upsetting.

No amount of money could make me take a job where I'd have to be reminded of a dead loved one for 16 hours a day, for months.

Be grateful for the insensitivity of rock music. It makes heartbreaking loss easier to handle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose said:

Isn't that what he's doing?  :unsure:

He's not calling it a Van Halen tour, just letting people know he'll be playing them.  

Reveal hidden contents

Songs included in the Setlist, according to the posted article:

Songs Hagar recorded with Van Halen: 5150, When It's Love, Best of Both Worlds, Finish What Ya Started, Poundcake, Humans Being, Right Now, Good Enough, Eagles Fly [not a VH song]

Van Halen songs recorded with Roth: Panama, Running' With the Devil, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Hagar solo songs: Your Love is Driving Me Crazy, Heavy Metal, Little White Lie, One Way to Rock, Mas Tequila,

Hagar songs from his days with Montrose: Rock Candy

Chickenfoot songs: Oh Yeah

Did you see the logo?  Why is it all of a sudden the Best of Both Worlds Tour when he’s been playing that basic setlist for 5 years or so?

• Like 1