RIP Matthew Perry.

invisible airwave

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Glue?

Yeah, when I was in the military, one guy was always volunteering to be part of a crew finishing a building involving glue. Later I found him in the toilet with his wrists slashed. We managed to save him. Needless to say, he got discharged. Btw, how can anybody find 'Friends' funny? Total crap. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Btw, how can anybody find 'Friends' funny? Total crap. 

Long ago, I once turned on the show.  After 5 minutes, I turned it off.  100% uninteresting.

Years later, I did the exact same thing with The Big Bang Theory, although I may have lasted only 3 minutes.      

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, when I was in the military, one guy was always volunteering to be part of a crew finishing a building involving glue. Later I found him in the toilet with his wrists slashed. We managed to save him. Needless to say, he got discharged. Btw, how can anybody find 'Friends' funny? Total crap. 

I am sorry that Matthew Perry is gone, but Married With Children trumps all for '90s sitcoms.

• Like 5

RIP, Matthew Perry!  :rose: :rose:  I liked him in the new Odd Couple he was in for a few years.  So many substance abuse issues; I was glad when he started to get sober. It seems like it would be hard to be unknown one day and so famous a few months later from Friends; he dealt with a lot of challenges for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

RIP, Matthew Perry!  :rose: :rose:  I liked him in the new Odd Couple he was in for a few years.  So many substance abuse issues; I was glad when he started to get sober. It seems like it would be hard to be unknown one day and so famous a few months later from Friends; he dealt with a lot of challenges for sure.

Spoken like a true warm-hearted person.  :wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

I watched Friends one time and that was only because of the person whose room it was said that's what we were going to watch. She now loves shows like The Bachelor and the "Real" Housewives of type shows. Make of that what you will. 

We love our junk food, don’t we?  Whether we eat it or watch it, we love it!  We even debate which junk is better….:biggrin:

• Like 1

At one point, his gums were so diseased from his debauched lifestyle that his top front teeth fell out as he bit into toast spread with peanut butter, and he found himself carrying them to the dentist in a plastic bag.

John Entwistle of The Who tortured his heart.  He smoked every day, he had high blood pressure, severe heart disease, and lots and lots of cocaine use over the years.  One final cocaine binge did him him.  His heart said, "OK, I quit."   No tragedy there - just the logical consequence of one's actions.    

On 10/29/2023 at 6:48 PM, treeduck said:

At one point, his gums were so diseased from his debauched lifestyle that his top front teeth fell out as he bit into toast spread with peanut butter, and he found himself carrying them to the dentist in a plastic bag.

He went through some stuff, especially with his stomach/ colon. What's so heartwarming is Mr Perry's happiness at helping others kick their habit. All the money, notoriety, this simple gesture helping others still seemed very important to him. He turned stuff around, then helped others others. Cool dude. RIP.

• Like 3