Frasier

KenJennings

The first two episodes of the new Frasier revival launched on Paramount Plus today.

I've heard a lot of negative rumors about this series, and read one particularly scathing review this morning before watching. So I had fearfully low expectations.

But I'm a huge fan of the original Frasier, and committed to giving it an honest look. And I found myself pleasantly surprised.

It had some hokey moments, and the new characters need a bit of development, but the show has the heart and wit of the original. While the original cast is irreplaceable, you can enjoy this show as a truly new chapter in Frasier Cranes life. I'll gladly continue to watch, and I hope this revival continues to exceed expectations and defy the negative press.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, KenJennings said:

The first two episodes of the new Frasier revival launched on Paramount Plus today.

I've heard a lot of negative rumors about this series, and read one particularly scathing review this morning before watching. So I had fearfully low expectations.

But I'm a huge fan of the original Frasier, and committed to giving it an honest look. And I found myself pleasantly surprised.

It had some hokey moments, and the new characters need a bit of development, but the show has the heart and wit of the original. While the original cast is irreplaceable, you can enjoy this show as a truly new chapter in Frasier Cranes life. I'll gladly continue to watch, and I hope this revival continues to exceed expectations and defy the negative press.

I'm glad it has some redeeming qualities, but it really just seems like such a retread/symptom of exhaustion. With all the other options, I think I'll give this a miss, but it is good to hear they're trying to make something of it.

Edited by Nova Carmina

1 hour ago, KenJennings said:

That's why I give something I'm interested in at least three or four episodes. If reacted to the first episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks I'd have missed some of the most entertaining Star Trek moments.

• Like 1

I watched the first two episodes with low expectations and i was quite pleased.  The actor playing Frasiers Nephew has David Hyde Pierce's mannerisms down pat and there were moments in episode 2 i downright belly laughed. i imagine we will see members of the old cast pop up in no time but i thought the new cast has promise.

Kelsey  just slipped back into Frasier like it never left air.

I'm gonna to continue watching i was very surprised.

Mick

• Like 3

I didn't know what to expect - but I ended up laughing out loud a couple of times. 

A little corney in places, you can see the 90's in a couple of the situations.  But I don't think that's a negative.

I'm on board. 

"What a charming little square."  "Yeah, you aren't so bad yourself."  :biggrin:

• Like 1

It's so nice to have this revival of one of my favorite shows ever! I find I'm laughing myself silly over this new show and I am loving it. Truly, madly, and deeply! :biggrin:

If only I knew what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

That's good to read since I will be signing up for Paramount+ for the Geddy Lee thing I'll check out the new Frasier too.

Some good stuff on Paramount+ especially if you like Star Trek.

I love this Frasier reboot. So far I think they have done a good job with it. There is a retro channel on my cable that shows 2 episodes of the old Frasier episodes in the evening and I will watch those if there is nothing else on to watch.

• Like 1