The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wild 2 Hawks 1 :zzz: Next winter classic, Hawks vs Blues 14-35-2

Yeah, so you've got that to look forward to! Imagine your joy at two number one picks playing together!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yeah, so you've got that to look forward to! Imagine your joy at two number one picks playing together!

Bedard had better be ready by then or they'll call it off.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:51 AM, Nova Carmina said:

That All-Star break came at the wrong time for the Oilers. 

Not the only team who has had a rough start after the All Star game.  Avs have lost 3 in a row, yesterday's game was awful.:blink:  Jets on the down turn as well

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 12:16 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Sharks with a 15-day break from action. Let's hope they don't get rusty, although they've been rusty for quite a few years. 

Now Hertl is hurt.  :rolleyes:

On 2/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, pjbear05 said:

OUCH, Pacoretty takes a spear in the nuts, Grezlyk gets a major.

:unsure:  And a $5,000 fine :smash:

With all this time off, I decided to take a look at Hawks all-time record. They are 2880-2887-814-195. To hell with the no.1 pick, we have to get to over .500!  :pirate:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Toronto, has a three game home stand, and a four game road trip.  Tonight, they are in Toronto, to play against St. Louis, which Toronto, won 4-1, Thurs., to play against Philadelphia, which Toronto, won 4-3 in overtime, Sat., to play against Anaheim, which Toronto, won 9-2, next Mon. afternoon, in St. Louis, to play against St. Louis, which Toronto, won 4-2, next Wed., in Arizona, to play against Arizona, which Toronto, won 6-3, next Thurs., in Las Vegas, to play against Vegas, which Toronto, won 7-3, and next Sat., in Colorado, to play against Colorado, which Toronto, won 4-3.  At home, they are 15-10-2.  On the road, they are 18-6-6.  Auston Matthews, scored ten goals to give him fifty-two in fifty-seven games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:12 PM, pjbear05 said:

Fine in lieu of suspension- I would have given him both!

Agreed!

• Like 1

Avs break the loss streak, Lehkonen is looking like he's fully recovered now...great goals!!

Got a hockey trivia calendar from hubby for Valentines :clap:  He's a keeper :wub:

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 11:19 AM, Rhyta said:

Avs break the loss streak, Lehkonen is looking like he's fully recovered now...great goals!!

Got a hockey trivia calendar from hubby for Valentines :clap:  He's a keeper :wub:

I'd be sleeping on the couch.   :whipgirl: 

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday to this guy!   Happy 52nd to Jaromir Jagr, who just keeps playing and playing.  His number will be retired by the Penguins in a ceremony on Sunday.

LrAzAd2.jpeg

MOD NOTE: This whole Jagr side topic was originally posted in the NFL thread.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, blueschica said:

Happy Birthday to this guy!   Happy 52nd to Jaromir Jagr, who just keeps playing and playing.  His number will be retired by the Penguins in a ceremony on Sunday.

LrAzAd2.jpeg

NFL or NHL?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BastillePark said:

NFL or NHL?

Oh, sheesh, I can't even post in the right thread anymore!  :facepalm:   NHL, Penguins.  He has played 37 professional seasons (some over in Czech Republic) ; pretty good for hockey, but that would be amazing in the NFL!

It's been a rough week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Oh, sheesh, I can't even post in the right thread anymore!  :facepalm:   NHL, Penguins.  He has played 37 professional seasons (some over in Czech Republic) ; pretty good for hockey, but that would be amazing in the NFL!

It's been a rough week.

Not a big deal at all. I posted a picture of the latest movie I watched in a completely unrelated thread yesterday. I think I deleted it before anyone saw it but who knows. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:15 AM, blueschica said:

It's been a rough week.

:biggrin:

It took everything I had not to post something like "best two sport athlete since Bo Jackson".  :tongue:

MOD NOTE: This whole Jagr side topic was originally posted in the NFL thread.

• Haha 1