The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

I got ambitious and started a new thread, will be having exhibition games the end of the week, so figured it was time to switch.

All I can say is I am sooo ready for hockey  :hockey2:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I got ambitious and started a new thread, will be having exhibition games the end of the week, so figured it was time to switch.

All I can say is I am sooo ready for hockey  :hockey2:

and  Go AVS!

Your ex-team won the Cup so I guess you deserve to be the one to start the thread  :cheers: but skip the 'Go Avs!' next time. 

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Your ex-team won the Cup so I guess you deserve to be the one to start the thread  :cheers: but skip the 'Go Avs!' next time. 

Fixed :coy:

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned
15 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Fixed :coy:

Vegas was one I followed but I wasn't technically a fan.  Obviously I follow the Hawks still, but it just isn't the same without Kane/Toews  etc.

Go Avs!!  Love the Mack Attack and All Hail Cale :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Wow, Babcock didn't even get to one game.  What a dumpster fire.

So will there be a repeat for the Cup this year?  Will Bedard win the Calder or is Fantilli in the running?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Wow, Babcock didn't even get to one game.  What a dumpster fire.

So will there be a repeat for the Cup this year?  Will Bedard win the Calder or is Fantilli in the running?

Fantilli will probably get a Toews-type role at Columbus, while in Chicago, the Hawks will ask Bedard to do one thing. Score, score, score.  

• Like 1

Anyone watch the Global Series games from Australia?  Saw some highlights, had a good crowd.  Preseason began today, didn't watch but heard some on the radio, Avs lost to the Wild but it was close and they had 2nd string goalies in.

• Like 1

From Melbourne, Australia, no, I didn't watch the two Global Series' N.H.L. games between Los Angeles Kings, and Arizona Coyotes.  I watched the Toronto Maple Leafs play their first two Pre-season, and Exhibition games against Ottawa Senators in Toronto, and Ottawa.  In Ottawa, Ottawa, won the first game 3-2, and in Toronto, Ottawa, won 4-3 in overtime.  If Vegas will win back-to-back, and consecutive Stanley Cups this 2023-24 season, I don't know.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I saw highlights of the first game, the Coyotes won it.  Looked like the crowd was really enjoying it.  Watched the Avs pre-season game from Monday, beat Vegas 3-2.  Like the looks of some of the pickups, Johansen and Olafsson in particular.  Still looking for a backup goalie for Francouz, he hasn't recovered from off season surgery.  Hope this isn't going to be a continuation of the plague of injuries from last season.

Guess there were some lucky fans in Pittsburgh, Sydney Crosby came to their house to deliver their season tickets a week ago, saw it on NHL Network...that would be a day you'd never forget :ohmy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

7 hours and 36 minutes to Bedard vs Blues.   :rr:

Two assists, including the OT winner...great start :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Two assists, including the OT winner...great start :smile:

Yeah, he looked like he was trying too hard. It'll come to him. Thomas for the Blues was a pest throughout the night. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, he looked like he was trying too hard. It'll come to him. Thomas for the Blues was a pest throughout the night. 

Well, I don't envy the kid with all the pressure and hype.  He's bound to be a bit nervous, hope they will let him be and stop calling him the new McDavid etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Well, I don't envy the kid with all the pressure and hype.  He's bound to be a bit nervous, hope they will let him be and stop calling him the new McDavid etc.

Yes, with all due respect to the no.1 pick Hall, he's not exactly Draisaitl.  :wink:

• Like 1

Avs had a good game with the Stars Sunday, got to see more of the newer prospects.  Made it more exciting than necessary by going into OT :ohmy:

• Like 1

I read today that it's the start of Connor McDavid's ninth season in the NHL?!? My god, where have the years gone . . .

I'm gonna roll with the Blues, but I'm not holding out much hope; a playoffs place is likely the summit of our hopes.

As long as we finish above that lot from Madison Street!

• Haha 1