The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

Avs going to play Saturday around the same time as my Utes play USC,  will be fun trying to watch one game while listening to another on the radio :blink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs going to play Saturday around the same time as my Utes play USC,  will be fun trying to watch one game while listening to another on the radio :blink:

If you want to avoid the excessiveness of commercials, I suggest for you to stick to NHL.  :wave: 

On 10/21/2023 at 12:20 AM, blackhawkrush said:

If you want to avoid the excessiveness of commercials, I suggest for you to stick to NHL.  :wave: 

No way we weren't going to watch our Utes kick USC, I always listen to our local commentators for Utah because some of the national reporters are so dismissive of our team. It took a bit of juggling headphones to hear them both :biggrin:.  It was a great day for sports for me, Utes win on a late field goal and the Avs take it to the Canes :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I wish they'd start at 9.00AM. 

Yeah it is going to be a late night to finish up all the games...:unsure:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Bruins 3 Hawks 0  :sad: And it started so well with the Bedard "goal". :rolleyes:  2-5-0

Yeah that was a downer, it was a pretty one too. :pirate:

• Like 1

Avs get a win against the Isles, now still one of 3 teams undefeated.  Also set new NHL record for most consecutive road wins, 15. :bounce:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Yeah that was a downer, it was a pretty one too. :pirate:

That call could've gone either way. I thought the linesmen were going to give it to us because it was Bedard. :wink: He has four shots on goal in the last three games. Granted, it wasn't against bad teams, but still. And it's not going to get any easier on Friday. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

That call could've gone either way. I thought the linesmen were going to give it to us because it was Bedard. :wink: He has four shots on goal in the last three games. Granted, it wasn't against bad teams, but still. And it's not going to get any easier on Friday. 

Yeah, going to have their work cut out for them, Vegas is on a tear right now

On 10/24/2023 at 11:38 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Bruins 3 Hawks 0  :sad: And it started so well with the Bedard "goal". :rolleyes:  2-5-0

Rules are rules! That guy was 2 mm offsides! 30 seconds earlier! The fact that the Bruins made a stupid pass and foolishly couldn’t clear the zone in that time is irrelevant!

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

Rules are rules! That guy was 2 mm offsides! 30 seconds earlier! The fact that the Bruins made a stupid pass and foolishly couldn’t clear the zone in that time is irrelevant!

Calm down.  :unsure:  

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

How about Makar telling the refs he didn't get tripped.  :ohmy:

He's a nice guy but I thought that happened in 2022?  He was a bit embarrassed afterwards and I bet he won't do that again :biggrin:

• Like 1

So we have 3 teams undefeated at this point.  Who gets beat first?  I know I am hoping for the Avs to continue winning :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

He's a nice guy but I thought that happened in 2022?  He was a bit embarrassed afterwards and I bet he won't do that again :biggrin:

I just saw it on youtube #shorts, so it might have been last year. The game was against the Islanders and since Avalanche just played them, I thought it was more recent. 

• Like 1