The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

31 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I just saw it on youtube #shorts, so it might have been last year. The game was against the Islanders and since Avalanche just played them, I thought it was more recent. 

Honest mistake, YouTube does that all the time.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, Rhyta said:

So, we have three teams undefeated at this point.  Who gets beat first?  I know I am hoping for the Avs to continue winning :clap:

On, who would've lost first between Boston, Vegas, and Colorado, I didn't know, but three of them aren't undefeated, now.  Toronto's five game road trip is finished, where they went 3-1-1, and in their first eight games, are 5-2-1.  Their next game is on Tues. night, in Toronto, against Los Angeles, where so far, they are 2-1, and lost 4-1, for 2-2.  In nine games, they are 5-3-1.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 6:49 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 4 Knights 3 in OT. :chickendance:   Richardson not 'tired' anymore.  3-5-0  

That was a good game, I watched it after I saw the score.  Now there are no undefeated teams left.  Of the 3 I figured the Avs would lose to Crosby and the Pens since they were ticked about being down 3 games in a row.  Never expected the Ducks and Hawks to win but that just shows you can't be sure of anything.  This was not my weekend for sports, Avs lose twice and my Utes fell apart. :ohmy:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

R.I.P Adam Johnson. :rose: He wasn't as lucky as Clint Malarchuk. 

How awful, I have seen some serious cuts from skates but never one like they had.  So young, what a tragedy. :sad:

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2023/10/hockey-player-adam-johnson-dies-blade-neck-iaccident-match-nottingham-panthers-1235586502/?fbclid=IwAR1ith1F5BxppZrcS5eynQQLjVA18VQH8q91UGf-Vu6qJOPCTE0zWiZQbEQ

So Tragic !    

US Hockey Player Dies After Taking Blade To The Neck In Freak Accident During Weekend Match

Adam Johnson 

Edited by Chicken hawk

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Coyotes 8 Hawks 1 :facepalm: Bedard gets his goal and then we had to listen to that celebration 'song' :wacko: times. 3-6-0 

That went off the rails pretty fast, guess it is going to be up and down for a bit.  They really played great against Vegas so there is hope.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rhyta said:

That went off the rails pretty fast, guess it is going to be up and down for a bit.  They really played great against Vegas so there is hope.

Only two points from a playoff spot.  :cool:

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:12 PM, Rhyta said:

How awful, I have seen some serious cuts from skates but never one like they had.  So young, what a tragedy. :sad:

I thought this was a freak accident, but now that I see the video, this Petgrave guy karate kicked Johnson. Police are looking into it. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 2:03 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I thought this was a freak accident, but now that I see the video, this Petgrave guy karate kicked Johnson. Police are looking into it. 

I had heard rumors of this, how awful.  If it was, he should be prosecuted, horrible.

• Like 1

Avs got back on track last night, had a good game and scored a power play while Prosvetov did a fine job as backup goaltender.  :clap: 4-1 over the Blues.  Ending the month in 2nd place in the Central, not so bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I had heard rumors of this, how awful.  If it was, he should be prosecuted, horrible.

Yeah, we've seen sticks to the head involving Reeves or Keith, and there was some talk about possible legal actions being taken, never seeing light. But here, the guy just forgot he's wearing skates or he's simply a criminal.  

• Like 1

Toronto's next game was scheduled, last night, in Boston, against Boston.  They lost 3-2 in a shootout.  They have a five game home stand in Toronto, where their next game is on Sat., against Buffalo, which Toronto lost 6-4, on Mon., against Tampa Bay, which Toronto won 6-5 in overtime, next Wed., against Ottawa, which Toronto lost 6-3, next Fri., against Calgary, which Toronto won 5-4 in a shootout, and next Sat., against Vancouver, which Toronto won 5-2.  So far, in Toronto, they are 5-4.  In fifteen games, they are 8-5-2.  Including the game against Buffalo, where he got a hat trick by scoring three goals, Auston Matthews, scored two goals against Tampa Bay, to give him thirteen in fifteen games.

Edited by Derek19

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 5 Panthers 2 :chickendance:I figured it out. Don't get Bedard to score the first goal.  :wagfinger: 4-6-0 

Bedard is looking like Showtime 2.0 :wink:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

We won't be hearing from Rhyta tonight.   :facepalm:

That was a lousy game,  don't know what happened, shots were almost even but the bounces didn't go in.  Felt sorry for Georgie, this has been a weird couple of weeks.:angry:   At least we aren't getting pasted 10 goals like the Sharks.  :eh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Devils 4 Hawks 2 :rolleyes: Hawks should never pull the goalie. They have no idea how to play 6 on 5. 4-7-0

Bedard's goal was a beauty, that kid is fun to watch.

• Like 1

Avs had a great night, 6-3 over Devils.  Looked more like themselves and it was fun to watch :pirate:

Sharks finally got a win last night, there were some delirious fans in the stands  :wave:

• Like 1