The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 4 Penguins 2 :chickendance: Western Conference leading Hawks!  

Enjoy it for today  :smile:  Watched the whole game and it was a good one.  Bedard got an assist and took a bunch of shots, other young guys on the team stepped up and Perry and Foligno put the finishing touch on the game.  Bet they all can breathe a sigh of relief for having that behind them. Tonight the Avs go to LA :clap:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Enjoy it for today  :smile:  Watched the whole game and it was a good one.  Bedard got an assist and took a bunch of shots, other young guys on the team stepped up and Perry and Foligno put the finishing touch on the game.  Bet they all can breathe a sigh of relief for having that behind them. Tonight the Avs go to LA :clap:

Mrazek played great, but he couldn't help himself leaving the net wide open on Crosby's goal.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

That ESPN Bedard cam last night was working good, too good. Even I was getting nauseous. 

Yes, they are overdoing it quite a bit.  Was fun to see the picture of Bedard at 8 years old posing with Karlsson.  It remains to be seen if they are going to beat the ridiculous McJesus  baloney, that has outlived it's expiration date so long ago..:tongue:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Yes, they are overdoing it quite a bit.  Was fun to see the picture of Bedard at 8 years old posing with Karlsson.  It remains to be seen if they are going to beat the ridiculous McJesus  baloney, that has outlived it's expiration date so long ago..:tongue:

All I can think of is 'Bed-Bath&Beyond-ard'.   :notworthy:  

• Like 1

After Toronto's eight Pre-season, and Exhibition games including a 5-2 win against Buffalo, 2-0-1 against Montreal, including scores of 2-1, 3-1 wins, and 5-4 loss in overtime, and 1-1 against Detroit, including scores of 4-3 win in overtime, and 4-3 loss, tonight, Toronto, starts their 2023-24 Regular Season in Toronto, against Montreal.  Toronto, won 6-5 in a shootout.  Auston Matthews, got a hat trick by scoring three goals.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Avs had a good opening game, Drouin looking good on the line with Mac and Rantenen.  Cale broke another Avs record, things are looking good.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, blackhawkrush said:

'I don't like getting jumped. I don't know if I've ever really jumped anybody'. - Ryan Reaves   :rofl2: 

Was he just being snarky on purpose?  We have seen you play Reaves :laugh:

• Like 1

MacKenzie Blackwood had an amazing performance in net for the Sharks, but Cale scored on the 50th shot by the Avs and took it to OT where the Moose won it.  That was a crazy game :hockey2:

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 4:24 PM, Derek19 said:

After Toronto's eight Pre-season, and Exhibition games including a 5-2 win against Buffalo, 2-0-1 against Montreal including scores of 2-1, 3-1 wins, and 5-4 loss in overtime , and 1-1 against Detroit including scores of 4-3 win in overtime, and 4-3 loss, tonight, Toronto, starts their 2023-24 Regular Season in Toronto, against Montreal.  Toronto, won 6-5 in a shootout.  Auston Matthews, got a hat trick by scoring three goals.

Matthews is on a tear, 2 hat tricks in 2 games...:clap:

• Like 1

Last night, Toronto, played their second game in Toronto, against Minnesota.  Toronto, won 7-4.  Auston Matthews, got another hat trick by scoring three goals.  Toronto's next game is tomorrow night in Toronto, against Chicago.  Toronto, lost 4-1.  In the Colorado, and San Jose game, Colorado, won 2-1 in a shootout, and not in overtime.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

If the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to have different songs, and more, than one song after scoring each of their goals in, and at each of their games, I don't know.  I haven't seen, and heard anything else, yet.  Now, Toronto, is on a five game road trip including a two game Florida road trip, where their next two games on Thurs., they play Florida, in Florida, which Toronto lost 3-1, on Sat., they play Tampa Bay, in Tampa Bay, which Toronto won 4-3 in overtime, next Tues., they play Washington, in Washington, which Toronto won 4-1, next Thurs., they play Dallas, in Dallas, which Toronto won 4-1, and next Sat., they play Nashville, in Nashville, which Toronto lost 3-2 in overtime.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1