Summer Playlist

ozzy85

I drive a 20 year old Ford with a good sounding CD player, so I get to listen to my disc collection. Here's what has been in heavy rotation this season...

Rush - Vapor Trails 

Rush - Permanent Waves

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside

All Them Witches - Lightning At The Door

Motorhead - Overnight Sensation 

Surf Punks - Oh No Not Them Again

All Them Witches - Nothing As The Ideal

Scorpions - Love At First Sting

Albums are great because they usually are just about the length of my commute. Anyone else still rock the disc in their car?

• Like 1

My truck does have a CD player but it's a 2018 so it has all the modern stuff a vehicle has these days. I have Sirius XM in it and that's mainly what I listen to now. Ozzy's Boneyard and Liquid Metal are the main channels I listen to. Sometimes I listen to 80s on 8 and Octane (modern rock) to change it up.

We have an older Camry but it has a great sound system; we bought it used but a friend was riding with me once and said, "Oh, you have the JBL package", or something?? ( we bought it used.)   Anyway, no wonder Rush sounds so good there!  And yes, on CD!  

On 9/2/2023 at 11:16 AM, ozzy85 said:

I drive a 20 year old Ford with a good sounding CD player, so I get to listen to my disc collection. Here's what has been in heavy rotation this season...

Rush - Vapor Trails 

Rush - Permanent Waves

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside

All Them Witches - Lightning At The Door

Motorhead - Overnight Sensation 

Surf Punks - Oh No Not Them Again

All Them Witches - Nothing As The Ideal

Scorpions - Love At First Sting

Albums are great because they usually are just about the length of my commute. Anyone else still rock the disc in their car?

+1 for Surf Punks

My Beach :ROCK:

• Like 1

I don’t have a car.

when I was back in Indiana and I drove my mom’s old car around, I burned a bunch of albums onto Cd, two albums per disc, so it was a fun game choosing which records would go together that would fit within 80 minutes.

• Like 1

The end of summer usually has me playing lots of Van Halen. Diver Down has been this week's jam, as well as Surf Punks Party Bomb.

• Like 1