11/18 - Final    Abilene Chrstn  10    Texas A&M  38    
11/18 - 4:00 PM ET    New Mexico St    Auburn    
11/18 - 7:30 PM ET    FIU    Arkansas    
11/18 - 8:00 PM ET    Georgia St    (15) LSU   

S-E-C!   S-E-C!  S-E-C!

Top tier teams shouldn't be allowed to schedule themselves bye weeks

24 minutes ago, goose said:

So, is Georgia out?

IMO they should be.  Win you're in, lose you're out.

They have 1 loss as does Alabama and Texas but the SEC gets preferential treatment. If Florida St and Michigan both win they should definitely be in as should the Huskies since they're undefeated. After that, who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

They have 1 loss as does Alabama and Texas but the SEC gets preferential treatment. If Florida St and Michigan both win they should definitely be in as should the Huskies since they're undefeated. After that, who knows.

The whole "one loss" thing should be out the window.  A loss in October vs a loss in December, in your conference championship, don't compare.

Of course, the discussion is academic because $$$

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goose said:

The whole "one loss" thing should be out the window.  A loss in October vs a loss in December, in your conference championship, don't compare.

Of course, the discussion is academic because $$$

The famous Don Ohlmeyer quote is so useful so often: "The answer to all your questions is money."  And the SEC is home to metric shit tons of it. I don't buy the logic that the SEC has "earned" some sort of credit by being the toughest conference.

Washington, Michigan, definitely. Florida St. should be a definite, but I heard talking heads whining about their strength of schedule. Texas beat Alabama, so there's a head to head, apples to apples. I know it was early, but that's not some cupcake matchup.

If I'm voting: Washington, Michigan, FSU, Texas. 

• Like 4

Unbeaten conference champ FSU shut out of CFP by a 'Bama team who got beat at home by Texas by 10 points.  Fuq that!  Finebaum must be laughing his ass off.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

The famous Don Ohlmeyer quote is so useful so often: "The answer to all your questions is money."  And the SEC is home to metric shit tons of it. I don't buy the logic that the SEC has "earned" some sort of credit by being the toughest conference.

Washington, Michigan, definitely. Florida St. should be a definite, but I heard talking heads whining about their strength of schedule. Texas beat Alabama, so there's a head to head, apples to apples. I know it was early, but that's not some cupcake matchup.

If I'm voting: Washington, Michigan, FSU, Texas. 

If the process is to be trusted at all, that will be the final four.  I think 'Bama would have a legit claim if Michigan, FSU or Washington weren't undefeated, but they are.  Georgia has no claim.  They lost.  And Texas beat 'Bama head to head, so Bama's out.

• Like 2

FSU coach Norvell:

"I am disgusted and infuriated with the committee's decision today to have what was earned on the field taken away because a small group of people decided they knew better than the results of the games...We are not only an undefeated P5 conference champion, but we also played two P5 non-conference games away from home and won both of them. I don't understand how we are supposed to think this is an acceptable way to evaluate a team. ... What happened today goes against everything that is true and right in college football."

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Exerpt of the open letter from the FSU athletic director:

"The argument of whether a team is the 'most deserving OR best' is a false equivalence," Alford said in his letter.

"It renders the season up to yesterday irrelevant and significantly damages the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff. The 2023 Florida State Seminoles are the epitome of a total TEAM. To eliminate them from a chance to compete for a national championship is an unwarranted injustice that shows complete disregard and disrespect for their performance and accomplishments. It's unforgivable."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Exerpt of the open letter from the FSU athletic director:

"The argument of whether a team is the 'most deserving OR best' is a false equivalence," Alford said in his letter.

"It renders the season up to yesterday irrelevant and significantly damages the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff. The 2023 Florida State Seminoles are the epitome of a total TEAM. To eliminate them from a chance to compete for a national championship is an unwarranted injustice that shows complete disregard and disrespect for their performance and accomplishments. It's unforgivable."

SEC has the big money. As usual it comes down to $$$$.

Committee: You should schedule tough non-conference games.

FSU: We beat LSU and Florida.

Committee: You should really be a Power 5 conference champ.

FSU: We won the ACC.

Committee: You should be undefeated.

FSU: We’re 13-0.

Committee: Lol, you’re not gonna believe this..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The anti-SEC and anti Saban invective on other sites is baaaaad. Worst opinion basically asked:

"Who on the CFP selection committee did Saban blow for Bama to leapfrog FSU?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

The anti-SEC and anti Saban invective on other sites is baaaaad. Worst opinion basically asked:

"Who on the CFP selection committee did Saban blow for Bama to leapfrog FSU?"

Better question might be who hasn't he blown 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oh the fsu pity party starting by the mainstream media. does anyone give them a chance with a 3rd string QB? that's why they aren't in. 

ncaa screws things up like they only could. should have been a 8 team playoff from day one. 12 teams is too much. ncaa basketball tourney has too many and needs one less game. 

iowa is an example of what happens when you don't have your top QB. fat backup QB and offense was hideous. and yet they were still ranked 16 pre-championship.

13 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

oh the fsu pity party starting by the mainstream media. does anyone give them a chance with a 3rd string QB? that's why they aren't in. 

ncaa screws things up like they only could. should have been a 8 team playoff from day one. 12 teams is too much. ncaa basketball tourney has too many and needs one less game. 

iowa is an example of what happens when you don't have your top QB. fat backup QB and offense was hideous. and yet they were still ranked 16 pre-championship.

FSU won their way in.  They deserve a shot more than Alabama.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

The 3rd string QB is part of the criteria for placement determination.  Much to FSU's disadvantage.

There is talk 2nd string QB Tate Rodemaker will be sufficiently healed to play.  Though I doubt his availability, or lack therof, made any difference.

33 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

The 3rd string QB is part of the criteria for placement determination.  Much to FSU's disadvantage.

There is talk 2nd string QB Tate Rodemaker will be sufficiently healed to play.  Though I doubt his availability, or lack therof, made any difference.

They won 3 games including the ACC championship with him. 

• Like 3

The crux of the problem is that the ncaa didn't make it a 8 team playoff from the very beginning. therrrre's your problem.

instead of winning 2 games, the winner has to win 3....oh the horror of an additional game!

oh wait...maybe in that extra game their top 2 QBs will get hurt and then it's back to a 5 person circus committee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, pjbear05 said:

If by "much to FSU's disadvantage" you mean "much to ESPN's/the committee's relief'", then yeah.

PJ continues:  "There is talk 2nd string QB Tate Rodemaker will be sufficiently healed to play.  Though I doubt his availability, or lack therof, made any difference."

Not as long as ESPN is pulling the strings.

Sorry I botched the quote string as badly as the committee botched their job.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, pjbear05 said:

Boy, these Toilet Bowl games are foul.  Roofclaim.com bowl last night:  USF 45, Syracuse 0.

Post season College Football is ruined.   Has been for quite some time, which is a shame.  Bowl games used to be great fun.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2023 at 12:54 PM, pjbear05 said:

Boy, these Toilet Bowl games are foul.  Roofclaim.com bowl last night:  USF 45, Syracuse 0.

Just call them what they are, exhibition games.   These have to either be the easiest games in the world to bet or the hardest, team quality means virtually nothing, motivation is everything.

• Like 2