WTF???

JohnRogers

The keyboard player has got skills though.  I wonder what happened to him.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, grep said:

The keyboard player has got skills though.  I wonder what happened to him.

their unique spin on the hard rock format was that they planned to operate without a guitarist, with Joel feeding his Hammond organ through a wall of amplifiers

My first thought was this must of sounded like shit. My second thought was I have to find this album.

17 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

My first thought was this must of sounded like shit. My second thought was I have to find this album.

Sounds like Jon Lord, running his Hammond through a Marshall stack in addition to a Leslie.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Hmm.  I wonder how feeding an organ through a wall of amps might sound.

Great song, almost as good as Hagar era stuff. I never thought about an organ when listening to it. 

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't think it's all that bad

It's a product of it's time.   Not something I'd listen to regularly - but it's as you say, not that bad. IMO.

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Great song, almost as good as Hagar era stuff. I never thought about an organ when listening to it. 

It's an interesting question.  If VH's first 4 albums had been 5150, OU812, For Unlawful and Balance, how would they be thought of now?

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

It's an interesting question.  If VH's first 4 albums had been 5150, OU812, For Unlawful and Balance, how would they be thought of now?

A better question is, would the record company have even kept them around that long?

On 6/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

If there were no records before then, annd those records were released in the 80's like they were.....   I think Van Halen today would have the reputation of a RATT or a Cinderella....maybe even the same cred as Tesla.   Nothing more than that. IMO. 

I think we'd be looking back at them as another 80's pop rock band, although a pretty good one.

Edited by grep