The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

As they used to say on CKLW-AM, The Big 8, ..."and the hits just keep on comin'."

Titans can Mike Vrabel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Eagles lol.

Jalen's giving you the finger.....sort of....

ZWSPaNs.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Haha 1

No divine assistance for YOU, Crybaby Carroll!  You're OUTTA HERE!!   :laugh:

jzn3OY4.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

As they used to say on CKLW-AM, The Big 8, ..."and the hits just keep on comin'."

Titans can Mike Vrabel.

Holy schnikes!  Pete Carrol retained as an advisor, but no longer HC in Seattle?  Nah, that isn't lasting, some jackwagon will want him on the field.

Parcells:  You're gonna have to work hard to be in the League as long as I have.

Belichick:  OK....what was your name, again?  

YH56c8Z.jpg

• Haha 1

It only took a few minutes for Bill Belichick’s name to be floating in head coaching rumors with other teams as reports trickled out about his impending departure from the New England Patriots.

Belichick’s dynasty in Foxborough will reportedly come to an end after 24 seasons and six Super Bowl championships. However, his next steps appear to be wide open, and retirement does not appear to be an option on the table as of now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicken hawk said:

....and retirement does not appear to be an option on the table as of now.

Some coaches willingly devote their lives to the torture..... :whipgirl:  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:46 AM, pjbear05 said:

So would I, 'Fins are beat up.  Also gotta suck for Pittsburgh with TJ Watt out.

Dolphins at -7F should be an easy bet. But the Chiefs are masters of overconfidence,  and I'm not sure that they've come to grips that a 14pt deficit matters when you're no longer the best, but just better than most

On 1/8/2024 at 2:43 PM, Mithrandir said:

Wah wah.  Who cares.  Falcons need to stop crying like a little girl.

Hey, glad to see you're still a miserable c***.  Keep up the good work!

"Playoff game between the Steelers and Bills in Buffalo could be moved to CLEVELAND if bad weather prompts a state of emergency to be declared in Western New York"

:unsure:

2 hours ago, goose said:

Dolphins at -7F should be an easy bet. But the Chiefs are masters of overconfidence,  and I'm not sure that they've come to grips that a 14pt deficit matters when you're no longer the best, but just better than most

I know the Dolphins aren't used to playing in the kind of weather currently predicted, but are the Chiefs? The weather guessers are calling for -30 wind chill. That's literally frostbite level. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BastillePark said:

I know the Dolphins aren't used to playing in the kind of weather currently predicted, but are the Chiefs? The weather guessers are calling for -30 wind chill. That's literally frostbite level. 

Cold + wind has a big effect on passing and kicking, which - the latter especially - is how the Chiefs score.  Miami has the better running game.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goose said:

Cold + wind has a big effect on passing and kicking, which - the latter especially - is how the Chiefs score.  Miami has the better running game.

I would expect a heavy dose of Pacheco.

• Like 1

A day after the Bill Belichick dynasty ended, Robert Kraft handed the reins to 37-year-old Jerod Mayo.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday that the Patriots have hired Mayo as their next head coach, per sources informed of the situation.      

2 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

I would expect a heavy dose of Pacheco.

Hopefully his helmet stays on

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:22 AM, goose said:

Reminds me of the NFL championship in 1934,Giants v Bears, at a frozen Polo Grounds in NYC.  Giants switch from cleats to sneakers-Keds by U.S. Rubber-score 27 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to beat the Bears 30-13.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goose said:

Well, Peacock got my $5.99 for the month.

Probably should have done $29.99 for the year...

:moon: NFL

Fuq those pricks. I spend my $$$ at the bar before I give a douche nozzle streaming service a damn dollar.  Did it for years with the UFC PPV's.  If my team's game wasn't being broadcast by a local outlet, I'd drop my money on beers and grub.  Fuq 'em!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Fuq those pricks. I spend my $$$ at the bar before I give a douche nozzle streaming service a damn dollar.  Did it for years with the UFC PPV's.  If my team's game wasn't being broadcast by a local outlet, I'd drop my money on beers and grub.  Fuq 'em!

If it weren't a late start game that's what I'd do as well.

Greedy pricks.