The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

58 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Is it me, or are these Fox announcers' praise for the Rangers a little begrudging? Seems like they're pulling for Houston. There are times where they sound like they don't know the Astros are down by 8 f**king runs.

You can hear the bias in their voices.  They're pulling for the Astros.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Principled Man said:

You can hear the bias in their voices.  They're pulling for the Astros.  

I didn’t get that sense at all. They sounded genuinely impressed that the Rangers didn’t buckle after the collapse in game 5. I’m just happy because this saves me from having to pull for Philadelphia in World Series. I love Kyle Schwarber but hate Bryce Harper. 

6 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

What a great night.  I had a house full last night with a lot of food and drinks.  I'm too old for this shit.  I'm so damn hungover.

1990 World Series:  This old-time Reds fan got so drunk after the Reds thumped Oakland in Game 3.  They were up 3 games to none, and the Championship was a given. 

I was so hungover the next day, I had to stay home to watch Game 4.  One of my biggest regrets in Life....:doh:

9 minutes ago, goose said:

Zona using small ball to tie it at 2-2!  :7up:

Can't remember the last time I saw a sac bunt/single combo in MLB like that

Then a stolen base and a single.   3-2 Dbacks

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Then a stolen base and a single.   3-2 Dbacks

I was thinking that AZ would be the easier matchup for my Rangers, but not so sure now. And AZ has a pitcher named Ranger which is just bad Ju Ju.  IDK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weakly Criminal said:

I was thinking that AZ would be the easier matchup for my Rangers, but not so sure now. And AZ has a pitcher named Ranger which is just bad Ju Ju.  IDK. 

Ranger Suarez is a Phillie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weakly Criminal said:

The Rangers need to score their runs early, can't count on scoring a lot against the Dbacks bullpen, though they've done pretty well against some good bullpens so far in these playoffs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Ranger Suarez is a Phillie.

Oh, well that's ok then. :blush: Rangers were going to be at a pitching disadvantage against either team. We need Scherzer and Gray to come around in the worst way. Unless Garcia can stay pissed for four more games. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Principled Man said:

1990 World Series:  This old-time Reds fan got so drunk after the Reds thumped Oakland in Game 3.  They were up 3 games to none, and the Championship was a given. 

I was so hungover the next day, I had to stay home to watch Game 4.  One of my biggest regrets in Life....:doh:

My Dad was from Cincinnati and my sports consciousness started right around the time when the Big Red Machine was winning world series.  Good times.

• Like 2

For those of you not too familiar with the Rangers lineup, you may want to keep an eye on rookies Evan Carter who is really cute and a nice rally starter at the plate and on the bases, and Josh Jung who has rounded into the very archetype of third baseman. (see what I did there?)  The first time for two wildcards to meet in The Fall Classic should make for an interesting and entertaining series. The owner of this team, the GM, and five of the players are Texans and that would make a title even more meaningful. Who says Texas aint baseball country? Viva Rangers!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, liquidcrystalcompass said:

My Dad was from Cincinnati and my sports consciousness started right around the time when the Big Red Machine was winning world series.  Good times.

Damn, that was an all-star team.  I loved watching them.

October 21, 1976: Big Red Machine sweeps Yankees for second straight World  Series championship – Society for American Baseball Research

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned