Rush magazine 2022

currygoat11

Do not, but always looking for more!

(Sorry, doesn't answer your question - but I still want to get a hold of it)

27 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

There was a place it could be ordered online - let me see if I can find it. 

5 hours ago, currygoat11 said:

Anyone have this?  Is it any good? 

https://magazineshop.us/products/rush

SIP-2249_A1_001_1_540x.jpg?v=1667576463

Some people in the Rush FB group I am in bought it. Apparently lots of photos and basic history. Most really liked it, there are a few minor errors that made some perfectionists a little grouchy! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, blueschica said:

There was a place it could be ordered online - let me see if I can find it. 

36 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

Ok, I don't see the 360 media order single issue anymore but some folks on etsy and ebay have it for about $15.00. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1353146014/2022-rush-55-years-of-rocks-most

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394381561462

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334659867590

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Some people in the Rush FB group I am in bought it. Apparently lots of photos and basic history. Most really liked it, there are a few minor errors that made some perfectionists a little grouchy! 

"Hailing from Toronto, California, bandmates Jerry Lee, Alec Lifeman, and Nels Pert..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Looks like something that could be found at Barnes and Noble. I thought it might be something written by the Classic Rock crew until all the errrors were mentioned. They're usually better than that. Seems like magazines get released about every 5 years or so. More like re-released.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ozzy85 said:

Looks like something that could be found at Barnes and Noble. I thought it might be something written by the Classic Rock crew until all the errrors were mentioned. They're usually better than that. Seems like magazines get released about every 5 years or so. More like re-released.

Classic Rock issued a Rush special edition magazine in  2020 (I think..... I can't totally remember when I purchased it!)  -

large-BKZ-B5579.jpg

This was pretty decent for the price £9.99 at the time and 146 pages. I see however that it was republished in December 2021 and again as a 3rd edition in December 2022.

Perhaps this new mag is a US version?

I have tried sourcing this new mag here in the UK but it seems to be for US only.

• Like 4

I saw it at Walmart in December and got it for my dad as a bonus little Christmas gift. I love it, it goes over their history in very great detail, the pictures are awesome as well. It's a good coffee table magazine! I didn't know about the errors that blueschica mentioned until now, but I also haven't sat down and read the whole thing. 

A couple weeks ago, I saw a 12 year old girl pick up this magazine and look at it. If it were socially acceptable, I would've told her about Rush, but I didn't want to look like a weirdo walking all the way over to her to tell her that.

Edited by jamie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jamie said:

I saw it at Walmart in December and got it for my dad as a bonus little Christmas gift. I love it, it goes over their history in very great detail, the pictures are awesome as well. It's a good coffee table magazine! I didn't know about the errors that blueschica mentioned until now, but I also haven't sat down and read the whole thing. 

A couple weeks ago, I saw a 12 year old girl pick up this magazine and look at it. If it were socially acceptable, I would've told her about Rush, but I didn't want to look like a weirdo walking all the way over to her to tell her that.

.... hello little girl..... let me tell you about this band ........ / sirens begin blaring in the background/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jamie said:

A couple weeks ago, I saw a 12 year old girl pick up this magazine and look at it. If it were socially acceptable, I would've told her about Rush, but I didn't want to look like a weirdo walking all the way over to her to tell her 

Great gift idea- well done!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jamie said:

Everyone else in the thread just looks like a weirdo anyway...except me of course. :tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:54 PM, goose said:

"Hailing from Toronto, California, bandmates Jerry Lee, Alec Lifeman, and Nels Pert..."

Nels Pert - Heir to the shampoo fortune.  he had a privileged upbringing, but rebelled and moved to the UK where he honed his craft of powerhouse drumming. 

Edited by grep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2