Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

16 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love this album! I say with bands like BG, you may find every time you return to them you like more and more.

Agreed  - I have not really given their albums a run through since I first listened but am making the time to do so now.  Mostly i have been watching youtube video's of their concerts.  Lot of fun - wish I could see them live.  If they ever come back to the US I will try.  I liked Somewhere Far Beyond a lot the fist time I listened but liked it even more now.

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

Hey - that was my album for tonight!!

The first time I listened to it I was not a big fan of it and I will say it grew on me - a little bit.  But not a lot.

Best song?  A Past & Future Secret.  But thats hardly killer - its not on the same level as the songs I mentioned for either Somewhere Far Beyond or Tales From the Twilight World.

Beyond that it has a bunch of songs that are not bad and have their moments.  Songs like "The Script For My Requiem", "Born in a Morning Hall", "Another Holy War", the title track, "Mordreds Song", "Another Holy War" & "And The Story Ends".  But I am not going crazy for them.  Perhaps the album is a bit heavy for me?  Maybe.

But it does fit together well - the songs flow one into another well.

It has grown on me a but but I am still not a big fan of the album.  Its ok but not as good as Somewhere Far Beyond or Tales From The Twilight World.  Not close.  But not bad and worth listening to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Hey - that was my album for tonight!!

The first time I listened to it I was not a big fan of it and I will say it grew on me - a little bit.  But not a lot.

Best song?  A Past & Future Secret.  But thats hardly killer - its not on the same level as the songs I mentioned for either Somewhere Far Beyond or Tales From the Twilight World.

Beyond that it has a bunch of songs that are not bad and have their moments.  Songs like "The Script For My Requiem", "Born in a Morning Hall", "Another Holy War", the title track, "Mordreds Song", "Another Holy War" & "And The Story Ends".  But I am not going crazy for them.  Perhaps the album is a bit heavy for me?  Maybe.

But it does fit together well - the songs flow one into another well.

It has grown on me a but but I am still not a big fan of the album.  Its ok but not as good as Somewhere Far Beyond or Tales From The Twilight World.  Not close.  But not bad and worth listening to.

I hope it grows on you! I am a huge fan of this album, particularly the title track.

But glad you try them anyway!

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World-Integrity blues (7/10)

I struggle with this one.  I like but i don't find it great.  In fact i find in this listen i don't like nearly the entire first half.

songs like

Pretty Grids

Pass the Baby

Get it Right

Sure and certain

Don't do much for me.  It matters is Beautiful.  A major highlight of the first half.

However at about.You are Free this album just......for me......just picks up and goes HARD.

You Are Free

The End is Beautiful (it really is BTW)

Through

Integrity Blues (one of their best tracks ever IMO)

Pol Roger.

Like that whole 2nd half makes the album worth it.  glad i kept it on.  I was so close to giving up on it.

Mick

50 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Jimmy Eat World-Integrity blues (7/10)

I struggle with this one.  I like but i don't find it great.  In fact i find in this listen i don't like nearly the entire first half.

songs like

Pretty Grids

Pass the Baby

Get it Right

Sure and certain

Don't do much for me.  It matters is Beautiful.  A major highlight of the first half.

However at about.You are Free this album just......for me......just picks up and goes HARD.

You Are Free

The End is Beautiful (it really is BTW)

Through

Integrity Blues (one of their best tracks ever IMO)

Pol Roger.

Like that whole 2nd half makes the album worth it.  glad i kept it on.  I was so close to giving up on it.

Mick

I only dislike Get It Right, and even then its rarely skipped.

But yeah, different strokes for different folks. The second half of the album is killer though!

I love Pass The Baby

• Like 1

Il Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Il Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

Il Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Darwin!

Unreal City - La Crudelta Di Aprile

Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The Goo Goo Dolls- Dizzy Up The Girl 

I love this album. 

Have you listened to Superstar Carwash from them? I've always been very partial to that album. That was the album where they first started what would be their signature sound. It was also the album that finally broke them out in this area where they're from. It has a lot of sentimental value for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you listened to Superstar Carwash from them? I've always been very partial to that album. That was the album where they first started what would be their signature sound. It was also the album that finally broke them out in this area where they're from. It has a lot of sentimental value for me.

I have! I enjoy all of their albums once they turned on their early hardcore sound. I'm hooked on Dizzy at the moment, but Carewash and Gutterflower are two of my other faves. I even like their albums from 2006 onwards, even though they border on total blandness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I have! I enjoy all of their albums once they turned on their early hardcore sound. I'm hooked on Dizzy at the moment, but Carewash and Gutterflower are two of my other faves. I even like their albums from 2006 onwards, even though they border on total blandness.

Yeah, after Gutterflower they become pretty blah. I actually think it started happening on Gutterflower. Some of it's pretty good but a lot of it is meh. I will always love Superstar Carwash, A Boy Named Goo and Dizzy Up The Girl though.

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, after Gutterflower they become pretty blah. I actually think it started happening on Gutterflower. Some of it's pretty good but a lot of it is meh. I will always love Superstar Carwash, A Boy Named Goo and Dizzy Up The Girl though.

Agreed, those three records are easily their best.