Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

I understand why people can’t always get into this but imo it’s the second best thing Genesis ever did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I understand why people can’t always get into this but imo it’s the second best thing Genesis ever did.

*seventh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jimmy Eat World- Clarity

The Killers- Imploding The Mirage 

Two absolutely brilliant albums. I love The Killers more and more as I get older.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Jimmy Eat World- Clarity

The Killers- Imploding The Mirage 

Two absolutely brilliant albums. I love The Killers more and more as I get older.

I’ve had Just Watch The Fireworks stuck in my head since I woke up today; I blame you! 

Love these two albums so much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve had Just Watch The Fireworks stuck in my head since I woke up today; I blame you! 

Love these two albums so much.

Yeah both pretty flawless to me.

The Killers have a spotless discography for me. My two least favourite albums are probably their first two. I've always felt they got better over time. Brandon Flowers two solo albums are immaculate as well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

i actually LOVE disc 1  but disc 2.......:zzz: if it was a single disc it'd be top 5 for me.

and if reports are to be believe at times the band wanted to throw pete out a window.........so after this Pete did it himself:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

i actually LOVE disc 1  but disc 2.......:zzz: if it was a single disc it'd be top 5 for me.

and if reports are to be believe at times the band wanted to throw pete out a window.........so after this Pete did it himself:laugh:

Mick

Like I said, I get it, lol. I can absolutely hear the band going stir crazy waiting for Pete to just show up and write with them, and Pete just throwing words into anything with space for them afterwards. But for me, somehow, it all just works. It’s magic.

In Flames- Come Clarity 

Still a favourite album of mine. Is it perfect? Nope. In fact, I'd say this album has some rough spots. But I happen to enjoy all the tracks, and I especially love its grit balancing the commercial elements.

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I'm with bluefox. But I think of The Lamb in terms of sides instead of discs ... because I'm old. Side 1 (up to and including "The Grand Parade") is uniformly excellent, but Side 2 is a significant step down. Sides 3 and 4? They have their moments, but generally (insert the snooze emoji).

Even then, I'd rank Side 1 -- as much as I love it -- below everything up through A Trick of the Tail. I like my Genesis twinkly and dreamy and whimsical, and that's not what The Lamb is about.

5 minutes ago, Chronos said:

I'm with bluefox. But I think of The Lamb in terms of sides instead of discs ... because I'm old. Side 1 (up to and including "The Grand Parade") is uniformly excellent, but Side 2 is a significant step down. Sides 3 and 4? They have their moments, but generally (insert the snooze emoji).

Even then, I'd rank Side 1 -- as much as I love it -- below everything up through A Trick of the Tail. I like my Genesis twinkly and dreamy and whimsical, and that's not what The Lamb is about.

The lamb actually feels like Pete's first unofficial solo album more than it does a band effort.  in fact it does sound a good bit like peter's first solo album that would come just a year later.

i suppose that's a big problem i have with it.

Mick