Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

1 minute ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yeah it’s my least Fav era :yes:

I came back to Rush again after Grace under pressure derailed me.  i decided to put aside the rest of the synth era and start at the modern era (to me starts at CP)  I've heard CP and S & A so far.  And while i think quality control DOES become an issue (the albums are just to long IMO) there's still plenty of goodies on those records.

i'll re-visit the synth era....minus grace.  that albums trash.....later on.

Mick

• Like 2

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

…. and finally …

Slash (with Miles Kennedy & the Conspirators ) 2012 

- Apocalyptic Love (10/10)

I love this band, and this album is my personal favorite.  Halo and Standing in the Sun in particular.  I saw them at House of Blues in Boston in 2018 or 2019.  Myles sounded EXACTLY like he does on the albums.  Great show.  Great no frills rock from this band.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I just did a little research, and I'm actually stunned.  In order of sales:

VH

VH2

OU812

Diver Down

W&CF

F*CK

Balance

FW

I read somewhere that there was too much of "dark vibe" to Fair Warning for the usual Van Halen fans, whoever they are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I've always thought it was the best album.

I've mentioned this before I think.  I bought FW on the day it was released.  It wasn't until I actually saw Eddie doing it that I could figure out the opening to Mean Street was achieved.  From the opening of Mean Street to the closing pyrotechnics of One Foot Out the Door, I think that album is perfect.  I wouldn't change anything.

• Like 4

Rush-Vapor Trails (7/10)

Ok liked this more than i used too.  HOWEVER modern rush was To much.....that's it their just too much, lol

There's a really great album in here somewhere but no Rush had to fill this with several below par songs.

Like this is me the whole album .....love it....hate it....love it......LOVE IT......hate it.......DA FUKK HATE IT!!!!!! :banghead:

So i made my own VT.  it's 8 songs....43 minutes. optimal duration.

1. One Little Victory

2. Ceiling Unlimited

3.  Ghost Rider

4. The Stars Look Down

5. Secret Touch

6. Earthshine

7.  Sweet Miracle

8. Freeze.

there much tighter and to me now you have a 10/10.  was that so hard....huh...RUSH????

lol.

Mick

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Vapor Trails (7/10)

Ok liked this more than i used too.  HOWEVER modern rush was To much.....that's it their just too much, lol

There's a really great album in here somewhere but no Rush had to fill this with several below par songs.

Like this is me the whole album .....love it....hate it....love it......LOVE IT......hate it.......DA FUKK HATE IT!!!!!! :banghead:

1. One Little Victory

2. Ceiling Unlimited

3.  Ghost Rider

4. The Stars Look Down

5. Secret Touch

6. Earthshine

7.  Sweet Miracle

8. Freeze.

there much tighter and to me now you have a 10/10.  was that so hard....huh...RUSH????

lol.

Mick

The ones in bold i skip all the time.

My favorites are Peaceable Kingdom, How it Is and VT.  None on your list!

Totally different enjoyment of VT.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

The ones in bold i skip all the time.

My favorites are Peaceable Kingdom, How it Is and VT.  None on your list!

Totally different enjoyment of VT.

we all hear these albums differently:biggrin:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

hot take- having listened to it again.  Counterparts doesn't rock that hard.  Even by Rush standards.  Clockwork angels rocks WAY harder. even Vapor trails and Snakes and arrows rock much harder.

Mick

True, but when this album came out, it was definitely harder than PG through RTB.

But like...considering where rock stood at the time, CP is very tame

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Vapor Trails (7/10)

1. One Little Victory

2. Ceiling Unlimited

3.  Ghost Rider

4. The Stars Look Down

5. Secret Touch

6. Earthshine

7.  Sweet Miracle

8. Freeze.

lol.

Mick

Sweet Miracle is a beautiful song. I really love Peaceable Kingdom too. I also love How It Is But my brain always tells me it's a T4E track

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Vapor Trails (7/10)

1. One Little Victory

2. Ceiling Unlimited

3.  Ghost Rider

4. The Stars Look Down

5. Secret Touch

6. Earthshine

7.  Sweet Miracle

8. Freeze.

lol.

Mick

You don't like the title track? I think The Stars Look Down is one of their worst songs. I have always skipped it. Just a blah song. It has nothing that hooks me and they made the worst part of the song the chorus. Really? That's your f***in chorus? 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

You don't like the title track? I think The Stars Look Down is one of their worst songs. I have always skipped it. Just a blah song. It has nothing that hooks me and they made the worst part of the song the chorus. Really? That's your f***in chorus? 😄

i kind of feel that way about the title song.  it doesn't really go anywhere.

oh well, lol

Mick

Queen - The Miracle

I listen to this every year on my birthday. But this year I got the pleasure of spinning the new version with Too Much Love Will Kill You placed back in the track list after having been cut from it at the last second before it was originally released. And wow. What a beautiful song, made all the more poignant when you read between the lines about Freddie’s illness.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I love The Stars Look Down!

See this is my way of supporting VT, it seems like everyone agrees it's overly long but at the same time all the songs have big fans. Where to cut?

Sorta agree with Mick on the title track. It's just there for me.

• Like 2

Bruce Springsteen- Born To Run

Bruce Springsteen- The Darkness On The Edge Of Town

Bruce Springsteen- Tunnel Of Love

Taylor Swift- Folklore

Taylor Swift- Evermore 

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Dan Fogelberg- Home Free

Dan Fogelberg- Souviners 

Dan Fogelberg- Phoenix

Nightwish- Dark Passion Play 

My three favourite singer songwriters and I'm happy to say...I think I've found Nightwish again. Gosh that album had me soaring last night with joy. It's been a while since I've felt any desire to listen to them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love The Stars Look Down!

See this is my way of supporting VT, it seems like everyone agrees it's overly long but at the same time all the songs have big fans. Where to cut?

Sorta agree with Mick on the title track. It's just there for me.

i don't remember anything about the title song......except.....in a VAAPOR TRAAAAIL.....and that's a terrible hook, lol  even if i do remember it.

Couldn't quote you any other part though.

Mick

20 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i don't remember anything about the title song......except.....in a VAAPOR TRAAAAIL.....and that's a terrible hook, lol  even if i do remember it.

Couldn't quote you any other part though.

Mick

I replayed How It Is...erm okay the chorus vocals did me in

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I replayed How It Is...erm okay the chorus vocals did me in

Rush have done ballads/softer tunes much better.  Every bootleg of the song i've here.  the crowd does these polite little golf claps after..like "tthat was so cute guys now play ANYTHING else"  HOW IT OUGHT TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Rupert Holms-Partners in Crime (10/10)

I dion't hide my love is era of soft rock/pop/yacht rock  (to me...big statement......it's the best era of  pop easily no contest.  though honorable mention to the 80's) and this is one of the best albums to come out of it IMO.

Mick

• Like 1