Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I have not, but I have tickets to see them in a week so I figured I'd check them out.

Why would you buy tickets if you've never listened to them before? Macro and Wallflowers are better albums than KOE. But KOE is still very good.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 3:54 AM, Chronos said:

Tangerine_Dream_-_Sorcerer.jpg

Interviewer: "If there was one Jethro Tull album that you'd like to revisit and perhaps present in Dobly Atmos which one would be?"

Ian: "Well, if I could find a drummer prepared to learn 14 songs and try to recreate them in terms of real live spontaneous drumming, the parts to replace are the drum machines on an album called "Under Wraps" in 1984 [...] Apart from drum machine everything else was live: you know, the guitar parts, the keyboards were played live... we played it all live in the studio but we had a live drum machine, as live it could be. I think that's where it suffered at the time from sounding too machine-like and it would be great if somebody could do that. I'm afraid I'm not the man for it, I can't really go back and revisit that material as a producer and let alone mixing it [...] It would definitely be the kind of album because of the nature, the music... it would be super in surround format but only if we could replace the drums which is probably not gonna happen in my lifetime. I keep mentioning it to Warner Music because they have the record copyright of that album, but so far they have not taken the bait because it would cost quite a lot of money and time to replace all of that machine drumming with a really good drummer who would stay faithful to the arrangements"

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Why would you buy tickets if you've never listened to them before? Macro and Wallflowers are better albums than KOE. But KOE is still very good.

They're the opening band for Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin. I bought tickets for the later two for my SO for her birthday. I like enough by both that I'll have a good time. I played Jinjer because I always like to check out the openers before a show. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you checked out Monuments? They're opening for the headline shows we're going to.

Edited by Super25Smasher

4 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

They're the opening band for Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin. I bought tickets for the later two for my SO for her birthday. I like enough by both that I'll have a good time. I played Jinjer because I always like to check out the openers before a show. 

Ah, so you don't actually have tickets to see them specifically. That's what I thought you meant at first.

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Ah, so you don't actually have tickets to see them specifically. That's what I thought you meant at first.

That is one odd lineup, never pictured Jinjer supporting bands like that lmao

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

It's still not the strangest line-up I've ever seen. I once saw Devin Townsend (acoustic guitar set), Dance With the Dead (heavy anime video game style music), and '68 (a glitch-punk duo) open for Avatar. The only thing the four acts had in common was that they all played guitar. 

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

That's no doubt a Disturbed call and I'm happy to see it. Too often in recent years established metal bands aren't taking younger ones out with them and instead are just touring with other established bands. I saw Testament with Exodus and Death Angel last year. Very good show but how many times are these three bands going to tour together? They've been doing that for 40 years. Why not try and help out a younger metal band? The same with the Anthrax, BLS and Hatebreed tour last year. Nothing against any of them but they are all established bands who don't really boost anything by touring together. Priest does tours with Deep Purple and Queensryche. I ask again, why is there not a younger band on the bill who could use the exposure?

Sorry for the impromptu rant but this is something that has been bothering me for a number of years now.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

That's no doubt a Disturbed call and I'm happy to see it. Too often in recent years established metal bands aren't taking younger ones out with them and instead are just touring with other established bands. I saw Testament with Exodus and Death Angel last year. Very good show but how many times are these three bands going to tour together? They've been doing that for 40 years. Why not try and help out a younger metal band? The same with the Anthrax, BLS and Hatebreed tour last year. Nothing against any of them but they are all established bands who don't really boost anything by touring together. Priest does tours with Deep Purple and Queensryche. I ask again, why is there not a younger band on the bill who could use the exposure?

Sorry for the impromptu rant but this is something that has been bothering me for a number of years now.

I think this is a decent contributing factor to the popular misconception that “rock is dead.”

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

On a different note, I'm baffled that Lacuna Coil are touring with Fear Factory. 

I just can't see the two bands having the most enormous crossover fans, regardless of how br00tal LC think they are these days

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think this is a decent contributing factor to the popular misconception that “rock is dead.”

That's exactly how I see it. It's one of the biggest reasons people say there's no good music anymore even though there is a ton of it out there.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

Taylor Swift- Evermore

Lacuna Coil- Lacuna Coil EP

Lacuna Coil- In A Reverie

Lacuna Coil- HalfLife EP

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories

Lacuna Coil- Comalies 

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode 

Lacuna Coil- Broken Crown Halo

Lacuna Coil- Delirium

I skipped Shallow Life and Dark Adrenaline. Didn't fancy the overt pop metal, even though I genuinely love DA. I started Black Anima, but I found myself thinking the highs are high, but I miss the harmonising of older albums, I miss the warm, more ethereal tones of Cristina's voice, and I miss Andrea singing clean. Their best work has shades of light and dark. Listening to the original Comalies, I now fully understand how much they have lost their way, because they thought they complemented their past with Comalies XX last year, but all that album does is prove they lost their way. 

Gosh I still love them, I'd even say they remain my favourite band...but I'm not enamoured with their current evolution. 

I miss my band. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

That's exactly how I see it. It's one of the biggest reasons people say there's no good music anymore even though there is a ton of it out there.

It's the next step short of retirement. There needs to be a vacuum to allow new bands to take over. But bringing others up on their way out is a good move. 

• Like 1