Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

11 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

A month or two ago, literally every tour date they had lined up sold out very quickly. They're absolutely blowing up.

It's odd that ages ago I mentioned them on blogs and groups etc and even here and no one joined in...so I stopped trying...and now they are huge

CALLED IT

Delighted for them, and glad that YAY I can still get down with the new kids 😂

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foo Fighters- One By One

This is one or the most insanely frustrating albums I've ever heard. Based on the best songs, this had potential to be a truly magnificent album...but it's mostly filler!!!!

Still, Times Like These is a song for the ages. I love that song with all my soul.

• Like 5

Foo Fighters- Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace

Another album I've come to love. Not spotless, but close enough. Foo Fighters put on the best live show I've ever seen, I'm glad that as I get older, nostalgia sees me warm to the studio work, which combined with my memories of the late concert, sees them go up and up in my estimation.

Also, in an age when "rock music is dying", they have hits for the ages. Like...people dismiss them as being a bit of a "greatest hits" band these days, but like...I mean...they have hits for DAAAAAAAAAYS!

One of those bands I love more and more and more. 

(As a side note, I saw them live with Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World supporting. I wasn't the FF fan then that I am now, but my god they blew my two faves out the water!).

Throw in The Killers and Kings Of Leon, Foo Fighters, Jimmy and Biffy are my top five rock bands of the last 23 years. Throw in Alter Bridge, who toe the line frequently between rock and metal for me.

• Like 4

Foo Fighters- Concrete And Gold

I really love this album. Some of their most ambitious music, I think it is maybe their most underrated

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Subway to Sally - Nord Nord Ost

Subway to Sally - Aufstieg

More German music.  Don't know what they are singing about but I enjoyed the albums.

🤔 German isn’t too dissimilar to English.

In fact English is classed as

a ‘ Germanic Language ‘  :yes:

If I were you, with your love of several German artists ( kudos 😎)

I’d seriously consider learning a bit which would enhance your enjoyment levels even more 🙂

• Like 2

Foo Fighters

Echoes Silence.....(7/10)

Wasting Light (6/10)

I thought the new album might bring me in (even that's losing me ALREADY) but no I still find them soulless.  Sorry if that's harsh but honestly i wish i felt more.  When somebody throws the corporate rock label about (i HATE that label BTW) i just see Dave's face.

Mick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Foo Fighters

Echoes Silence.....(7/10)

Wasting Light (6/10)

I thought the new album might bring me in (even that's losing me ALREADY) but no I still find them soulless.  Sorry if that's harsh but honestly i wish i felt more.  When somebody throws the corporate rock label about (i HATE that label BTW) i just see Dave's face.

Mick

Music is always divisive. I feel this way about Def Leppard, absolutely nothing moves me, and I don't even find them fun

But I appreciate them, and what they are for their fans.

As for Foos, I feel my growing enthusiasm has a lot to do with nostalgia. I cant help but jive with their hits, and many of their albums really are enjoyable to me now. 

• Like 1