The Official "Huh, What Conference?", er, 2022-23 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

Missouri takes down Kansas State on a game-ending 61yd field goal!

Package continues to fare well against the Big 10, as Washington is putting a beat down on Michigan St

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goose said:

Missouri takes down Kansas State on a game-ending 61yd field goal!

Package continues to fare well against the Big 10, as Washington is putting a beat down on Michigan St

Package?   :wink:

Michael Penix had a winning record at Indiana.   Now we can all see (if we have Peacock, at least), what he can do at a real program.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

After that total humiliation Oklahoma got last year I can imagine they'll be looking for some redemption but I don't think it will help.

This is always a dangerous game for both teams.  I have a feeling we may be playing them twice this year.

WTF, Huskies?

Coasting to a TD and drops the ball at the 2.:facepalm:

But there's a safety on the next play.  UW 35-28.

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, laughedatbytime said:

WTF, Huskies?

Coasting to a TD and drops the ball at the 2.:facepalm:

But there's a safety on the next play.  UW 35-28.

It's a good thing they ended up winning. It's almost unbelievable that guys still do that considering how many times over the years it's happened and the team lost. I would never make it as a coach because if a player did that he'd be benched for a while to let him think about it.

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 2

Texas A&M fires football coach Jimbo Fisher, who has 8 years left on his contract.  

They owe him $76 million dollars.  

insane-png-6.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Texas A&M fires football coach Jimbo Fisher, who has 8 years left on his contract.  

They owe him $76 million dollars.  

insane-png-6.png

Why give anyone, ever, a long-term contract like that?  And I'm not just asking about sports.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, goose said:

Why give anyone, ever, a long-term contract like that?  And I'm not just asking about sports.

A zillion CEO's are lining up to answer that question.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:17 PM, BastillePark said:

Reports are already flying around about Lincoln Riley sending out "feelers" regarding the A&M opening. 

According to the Athletic, Riley told them he's not interested in moving on.  On another note, it has been confirmed he offered Utah's Defensive Coordinator Morgan Scalley the job at USC a week ago.  But Scalley turned him down.

Edited by Rhyta

Utah closes out last PAC 12 game against Colorado 23-17.  Colorado sat out QB Shadeur Sanders and Utah had to play their #4 QB, several players out with flu.  Was a decent game but kind of low energy, neither team was doing anything flashy.  

• Like 2

The Committee responded to questions about their selections by saying they are confident they selected the four best teams.  This in spite of Florida State going undefeated.  I'm curious, based on their system, where being judged better is more important than actually winning, if a lower-ranked lesser team upsets a higher ranked better team in the playoff, do they still advance to the final?

• Like 4

On 12/16/2023 at 7:51 PM, goose said:

The Committee responded to questions about their selections by saying they are confident they selected the four best teams.  This in spite of Florida State going undefeated.  I'm curious, based on their system, where being judged better is more important than actually winning, if a lower-ranked lesser team upsets a higher ranked better team in the playoff, do they still advance to the final?

Depends on whether they play in the SEC.

• Haha 1