Hint

She Who Must Be Obeyed goes with daughter #2 to Sam's recently, and she comes back with an 18-pack of some drink called "Hint." I guess it's supposed to be as in "this flavored water is not too strong as it only has a hint of the flavor."

A hint? This water tastes like water. My wife summed it up perfectly when she said, "It tastes like what would happen if you drank a glass of Kool-Aid, and then, without rinsing the glass, filled it with tap water." 

Is my palette simply not refined enough for the bouquet on display here? Does anyone have a good word to say about "Hint"?

• Haha 1

Sounds like it was invented by someone who had read 'The emperor's new clothes'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you`re testing your palette by judging the bouquet, then there`s always going to be some problems - a wet nose is probably the best outcome. The drink sounds a bit like one I`ve tried... can`t remember the name... I need a h**t... :bitchslap: 

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

If you`re testing your palette by judging the bouquet, then there`s always going to be some problems - a wet nose is probably the best outcome. The drink sounds a bit like one I`ve tried... can`t remember the name... I need a h**t... :bitchslap: 

Have I mixed my sensory metaphors? My bad -- but then I was always more gourmand than gourmet.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:40 PM, Nova Carmina said:

She Who Must Be Obeyed goes with daughter #2 to Sam's recently, and she comes back with an 18-pack of some drink called "Hint." I guess it's supposed to be as in "this flavored water is not too strong as it only has a hint of the flavor."

A hint? This water tastes like water. My wife summed it up perfectly when she said, "It tastes like what would happen if you drank a glass of Kool-Aid, and then, without rinsing the glass, filled it with tap water." 

Is my palette simply not refined enough for the bouquet on display here? Does anyone have a good word to say about "Hint"?

Thank you for the review!  :smile:  I have often thought of trying Hint, but never got around to it.  Spindrift seltzer water seems to be the big goer in our house, but only certain flavors.  The blackberry and raspberry lime seem to be the favorites of everyone here.  The flavors are subtle, but they are there.  The Spindrift Iced Tea and Lemon was a big disappointment, though!  All lemon and hardly any tea flavor!  You have been warned!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven’t tried too many different things of this ilk, but the few that I have tried, as far as their being ‘flavored’ is concerned, I always found those flavors underwhelming. So the OP here doesn’t encourage me to continue trying anything else new. 😂

• Like 1

I think it's a nice concept but doesn't really work that well,  I love watermelon but in water? A big no.  I also dislike it from an ecological standpoint, more plastic bottles that aren't going to be recycled.  At least put it in cans like the other seltzer waters.  If I want flavored water, there is a product called True Lemon that I use.  It comes in packets and I use it in my tea all the time, really nice.  They also have Lime, Orange and Grapefruit.  It is hard to find sometimes but usually on the aisle near the koolaid.

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I think it's a nice concept but doesn't really work that well,  I love watermelon but in water? A big no.  I also dislike it from an ecological standpoint, more plastic bottles that aren't going to be recycled.  At least put it in cans like the other seltzer waters.  If I want flavored water, there is a product called True Lemon that I use.  It comes in packets and I use it in my tea all the time, really nice.  They also have Lime, Orange and Grapefruit.  It is hard to find sometimes but usually on the aisle near the koolaid.

True Lemon is awesome.  I use all their products, the citrus powders, the fruity drink mixes, the seasoning blends.  Good stuff.

• Like 1