What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I think the :codger: Technics receiver is finally dying on me :( . Had it for decades and has provided much pleasure through out the years.

What do you mean by the receiver? The radio?

Erm sorry but that is one beyond my limited knowledge dude sadly.

Such a shame because Hi Fi in the 70's and early 80's was just so much better quality than the crap churned out now (apart from MEGA expensive bespoke stuff)

You could try to find an old fashioned Hi Fi guy who will give you a free estimate, it may be something simple or the unit may have just died a natural death.

Also you may wish to consider that everything is pretty much Digital now, so if the radio stations in your area have switched all of the analog transmission off then you wont get a signal.

You might want to try an A/D converter, you know those cheap boxes that let you use an old analog TV with the new digital signal? Might be worth a try?

Anyway let me know how you get on dude

Best Regards

Smitty :) :) :)

It may just be that, fingers crossed, because Technics in the 70's and 80's were quality kit and built to last.

A receiver usually is a tuner, preamp, and amplifier in one package.

I agree about 70s and 80s' stereo equipment. I still haven't ever heard anything that sounded better to me than my 1979 Sansui G-9000 receiver. I bought it new and still use it daily. Paired with a good set of speakers, it is so musical and makes you feel like you're there. I will say that the receiver does benefit from newer speaker technology. Dates from my other components include 1973, 1975, 1982, 1983, 1989, 2014, 2015 & 2016. It all just blends so good. I have the system in my office and sometimes I have to stop working and just sit and listen because it sounds so good.

If I were looking for a music stereo system, I would go with "vintage" equipment and find a good repair guy to fix it when it needs it. I have a very good friend who makes a very good living repairing and restoring vintage radio and stereo equipment. He is a miracle worker.

I had it looked at today. The guy said it was on it's last legs and wouldn't be worth fixing. I have my eye on an older Kenwood receiver on the local craigslist site. It also comes with a separate amp and equalizer. The guy only wants $60.00 bucks. He is moving out of state soon and wants it gone.

• Like 2

I think the :codger: Technics receiver is finally dying on me :( . Had it for decades and has provided much pleasure through out the years.

Such a shame because Hi Fi in the 70's and early 80's was just so much better quality than the crap churned out now (apart from MEGA expensive bespoke stuff)

You could try to find an old fashioned Hi Fi guy who will give you a free estimate, it may be something simple or the unit may have just died a natural death.

Also you may wish to consider that everything is pretty much Digital now, so if the radio stations in your area have switched all of the analog transmission off then you wont get a signal.

You might want to try an A/D converter, you know those cheap boxes that let you use an old analog TV with the new digital signal? Might be worth a try?

Best Regards

It may just be that, fingers crossed, because Technics in the 70's and 80's were quality kit and built to last.

I agree about 70s and 80s' stereo equipment. I still haven't ever heard anything that sounded better to me than my 1979 Sansui G-9000 receiver. I bought it new and still use it daily. Paired with a good set of speakers, it is so musical and makes you feel like you're there. I will say that the receiver does benefit from newer speaker technology. Dates from my other components include 1973, 1975, 1982, 1983, 1989, 2014, 2015 & 2016. It all just blends so good. I have the system in my office and sometimes I have to stop working and just sit and listen because it sounds so good.

If I were looking for a music stereo system, I would go with "vintage" equipment and find a good repair guy to fix it when it needs it. I have a very good friend who makes a very good living repairing and restoring vintage radio and stereo equipment. He is a miracle worker.

I had it looked at today. The guy said it was on it's last legs and wouldn't be worth fixing. I have my eye on an older Kenwood receiver on the local craigslist site. It also comes with a separate amp and equalizer. The guy only wants $60.00 bucks. He is moving out of state soon and wants it gone.

get it, dude!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Kid%20in%20banana%20costume%20anim.gif

• Like 1

Best Regards

get it, dude!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Kid%20in%20banana%20costume%20anim.gif

The guy is out of town until Sunday. I will check it out when he gets back. Looking at a few others as well. There are also two really nice sets of speakers for sale but that will have to wait .A pair of vintage Sansui speakers and a pair of Technics speakers.

I am so done f**k this shit bye everyone. :rage:

:LOL:

It's not f***ing funny, I am serious this time, I am leaving trf.

:wtf: Elvis has left the building a long time ago and Jesus just left Chicago! Now this...again!? Holy shite!!!

• Like 1

Oh just do it we've had enough of this nonsense now. Just be gone and get out.

Anyway take care I look forward to when you you feel ready to return to us.

Tomorrow.

• Like 4

Tomorrow.

What I don't get is,

Why not just take a break for a while? That's what I do.

• Like 1

Tomorrow.

What I don't get is,

Why not just take a break for a while? That's what I do.

Good advice.

She would still come back tomorrow. She'd lurk and like a few posts waiting for a mention and then be like I'M BACK LOVE ME SENPAI

• Like 1

I will f***ing come back when I get treated the way I wanna get treated and when I stop losing my friends

:facepalm:

You need to get out more. ;)

Maybe GNP just having a bad day

Who doesn't? :LOL:

I keep following this A to Z thread and I am terrified that I might get it wrong

Best Regards

Sure go with that but just keep your old receiver and put it away somewhere trust me

• Like 1

I will f***ing come back when I get treated the way I wanna get treated and when I stop losing my friends

:facepalm:

You need to get out more. ;)

Maybe GNP just having a bad day

Who doesn't? :LOL:

I keep following this A to Z thread and I am terrified that I might get it wrong

Don't worry, Steve--you're doing just fine! And if you ever post a letter out of order, you may be able to edit your post in time anyway :)

• Like 1