What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 10 2010, 09:52 AM)
Idiots making decisions that really, really f*ck things up.

yeah - that too rage.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2010, 10:13 AM)
Nothing beats having to take your kid to Urgent Care in the wee hours of the morning.

What's going on?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 15 2010, 09:47 AM)
Nothing beats having to take your kid to Urgent Care in the wee hours of the morning.

What's going on?

First, he's fine. All is good, now.

Aedan has a real problem with his asthma sometimes, especially when he gets a cold. Usually his inhaler works just fine but his cold was really bad and the medicine from the inhaler couldn't actually get into his lungs so.... I ended up having to take him to Urgent Care. The poor guy was really trying hard to breathe.

This is the second time this has happened. Long story short, I wish the husband was a little more on top of being able to tell when junior needs urgent medical attention.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2010, 11:08 AM)

What's going on?

Aedan has a real problem with his asthma sometimes, especially when he gets a cold. Usually his inhaler works just fine but his cold was really bad and the medicine from the inhaler couldn't actually get into his lungs so.... I ended up having to take him to Urgent Care. The poor guy was really trying hard to breathe.

This is the second time this has happened. Long story short, I wish the husband was a little more on top of being able to tell when junior needs urgent medical attention.

I seem to recall something along those lines.

It's hard when you feel like everything is up to you. Believe me. I know.

Glad he's doing fine now.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 15 2010, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2010, 11:08 AM)

What's going on?

I seem to recall something along those lines.

It's hard when you feel like everything is up to you. Believe me. I know.

Glad he's doing fine now.

Don't get me started. I knew my husband didn't like to be in the kitchen but I had no idea how bad it was until I discovered he had no idea how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Hello? Sweetie? The cooking instructions AND ingredient list are in the title. It is a... Grilled. Cheese. Sandwich.

What would the world do without moms?

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Nov 15 2010, 11:41 AM)
A migrain headache. angry.gif

Migraine headaches are the worst. I've suffered from headaches my entire life. If the pain is really, really bad, take four ibuprofens and two Tylenol (not Excedrin, take acetaminophen). Drink them either with a big glass of water or a big mug of coffee and you will feel instant relief in about 20-30 minutes. Works like a charm and I swear by it.

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Nov 15 2010, 01:41 PM)
A migrain headache. angry.gif

I used to have such bad migraines I was on two prescribed oral medications plus a prescribed nasal spray (for migraines). Now I just have one prescribed medication, but I haven't had a migraine in about nine months. I feel for you; they are not fun.

I am sick. Someone at one of the places I volunteer at came in with strep, and although I doubt I have strep, I have a sore throat, bad breath, and the like, but no fever. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I just hate being sick.

Brits using American slang.

Don't get me wrong, American slang is fine...when used by Americans.

However, Britain has an incredibly diverse and expressive slang of it's own built up over centuries, so I'd like to get some things straight here (this does not apply to Yanks)

1. It is "Arse" and NEVER "Ass"

2. "My bad" is NOT an apology

3. Refering to me as "dude" or "man" will earn you a knee in the bollocks

Thank you for listening.....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 15 2010, 09:23 PM)

However, Britain has an incredibly diverse and expressive slang of it's own built up over centuries, so I'd like to get some things straight here (this does not apply to Yanks)

3. Refering to me as "dude" or "man" will earn you a knee in the bollocks

i hate "my bad".

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 15 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 15 2010, 09:23 PM)

3. Refering to me as "dude" or "man" will earn you  a knee in the bollocks

i hate "my bad".

Guilty American! I use "dude" and "man" way too often. Even when I'm talking to my friends.. who are girls. xD

But I usually don't say "my bad". When people say it to me, though, I'm kind of like, "Yeah, okay, whatever, it's fine." It's accepted as a half-apology when you're a teenager, so eh whatever.

I had to miss band class today in order to go to an assembly about caps and gowns for graduation. All the guy did was stand up on stage and blab about how much money he wanted us to spend ("you'll want to remember this year... by buying this $500 class ring you might drop down the sink!") among other useless information. I wanted to run up and yell, "WE'RE GOING TO BE BROKE COLLEGE STUDENTS NEXT YEAR," at his face. Ugh. SALESMEN.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 15 2010, 09:24 PM)
I just busted out a 100.3 (and rising) fever. Go me.

You forgot to add, "Awwww yeah you healthy bitches!"

tongue.gif

Drink your apple juice and eat your chicken noodle soup.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 16 2010, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 15 2010, 09:24 PM)
I just busted out a 100.3 (and rising) fever.  Go me.

You forgot to add, "Awwww yeah you healthy bitches!"

tongue.gif

Drink your apple juice and eat your chicken noodle soup.

That's right, you healthy bitches! wink.gif tongue.gif

Actually we think I have strep so apple juice buuurrrnnnsss. sad.gif I am sucking on popsicles because my tonsils are the size of Arkansas.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 16 2010, 05:03 PM)
1. The husband won't let me get a puppy dog.
2. The husband says, "no" to more kids.

Will some of you let me adopt you? I have more mothering that needs to be done.

Just be potty trained.

laugh.gif IL Snwdog might let you adopt his kids!